Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #233
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I really like this Madden team! More than any other in the game's history. These guys just seem to get it.

That being said, Donny Moore is another story. We've seen it with the FBG ratings, that when entered, drastically improve the game play. Not sure why EA hasn't acknowledged this.

Arcade "esque" ratings give Arcade "esque" game play
My two biggest remaining question marks about M15 and this title going forward are CFM and the player ratings system. The way I see it, Madden is split into 4 major parts that I care most about, game play, presentation, career mode and ratings, all which seem to be capable of doing they're own thing, at any given time. So far for M15, game play and presentation seem to be aiming for authenticity, while I have no idea about the remaining two. Guess we will get CFM info by August and I think they mentioned something about Moore having done something different with ratings in that stream, which we can get a sample of on Monday.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #234
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I like this guy Rex. The game will speak for itself, but, years ago when I quit playing madden, it was like devs had an attitude like "what do you wNt from me" attitude. When they would release the videos like this one, it was like they would answer questions or talk about the game looking at each other like uncomfortable because they were lying or stretching the truth, and it was uncomfortable to watch.

This guy is not the slightest bit uncomfortable. He's saying what he knows, he isn't talking anything up or stretching anything. "This isn't gang tackling, but it's better than it was, and will be improved in future maddens" ok... I can live with that, in no way am I going to be complaining about gang tackles in 4 months because I saw what the game has, I heard him say what I saw, and everything lined up. Next year I'll look for improvement.

Dudes demeanor was good, he showed mostly relevant stuff, and laughed like we do on some things "can't show ratings...oh my god rams are too high" dude seems to get it, and ideally appreciate it.

Most of us are such fans of the nfl, when madden sucks we take it personal, when we are lied to, we are more offended than other games, we invest so much of our time with the game, it's great to see someone in charge making that same investment. Feels good. I'm still not going easy on the presentation. That's what I'm about, we still need work in that dept
Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #235
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The quarterback dropbacks and movement looks more weighted. Doesn't have that gliding look as much. Would like to see even less accuracy from quarterbacks with a heavy pass rush. The Phillip Rivers throw in which he was hit should have resulted in a backwards pass or at least a lame duck pass. But overall it looks good. A lot more organic and closer to what we see on Sundays.

It would be amazing to play a 15 minute, low scoring game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
Franchise will be the make or break for this game for me, but as of right now I am excited.
It's break for me with the confirmation of no CPU vs CPU in franchise. That is the ONLY way that I play Madden, so this makes three years in a row for me I won't even be renting the game... Maybe next year, right?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #237
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
But still no FairPlay rules implemented....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If defense is truly up to par, fair play rules won't matter.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
If defense is truly up to par, fair play rules won't matter.
Better defense and more counter options to stop the offense (specifically with the protect the sticks adjustment) will be a big help in making players realize that instantly going for every 4th down in the game is a losing strategy....so in that regard, I think a better playing game helps with some elements of Fair Play.

There is also the removal of the D-adjustment delay AND a limit to the way hot routes and adjustments are called by the QB...now, add accelerated clock and 15 minute quarters to that and I don't think people would need too much more incentive to start focusing more on play calling instead of hot route adjusting as a base offense.

There are significant strides to balancing the game that are obvious from the stream...I hope they hold up well in the wild, but they look great in concept. That leaves the opponent's behavior as the last thing to really address that ruins the online experience for many people.

I am of two minds on this...mainly because I play online only and very rarely H2H.

In H2H play, the other player usually doesn't just quit and if they do they're off the sticks for a while because they have to either watch someone else play (usually play in groups and winner stays is the rule) or they need to go out and chill until they get another chance to play...

There are always going to be legitimate disconnects and de-sync's that cause players to get kicked, but the game should be capable of seeing whether or not the connection is lost or the quit button pushed. Online play is plagued with players who simply quit the game under any number of scenarios and they need to be deterred from doing it or online play will remain frustrating whenever you are playing a random opponent (I KNOW THAT PLAYING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE IS ILL ADVISED, BUT SOMETIMES YOU'RE JUST LOOKING FOR A GAME AND NO ONE ELSE YOU KNOW IS AROUND!)

lIn NBA2K14, if someone keeps quitting games, they essentially get timed out of online play for a period of time. Start with 1 minute the first time, then 5 minutes on a second one that session, then 10 and so on...if a player starts having a penalty for choosing to quit or turn off their game when losing, then they would be less likely to act like a fool. That is a decent approximation of someone getting tossed from the couch and having to wait it out for another turn....I'd like to see that implemented into online play to discourage people from quitting.

If the defensive options and choices make going for it all the time a losing proposition AND player behavior is regulated by penalizing quitters with time off the server (like a penalty box maybe? maybe it could work better if it was handled like NHL penalties...disconnect = 30 second minor, getting booted for going offsides/grieving = 10 minute double minor, quitting or powering off in a match = 20 minute game misconduct!!)....at any rate, while nothing would be foolproof, just giving something to think about would slow the rate of quitting online and improve the experience a lot...

These devs definitely have their eyes on improving the gameplay and the gameplay experience, so I have hope that as the gameplay continues to improve, the overall experience will get better with it.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #239
Banned

OVR: 24

Rivers didn't have the real life video like Peyton had when he took the field, showing his stats, so only a few QB's get this treatment?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #240
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Rivers didn't have the real life video like Peyton had when he took the field, showing his stats, so only a few QB's get this treatment?
Noticed that too. Might hav had something to do with him taking the field following a change of possession instead of the start of the game

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »