Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #161
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

I really liked how the guy on the left (RJ?) was 1-5 with Manning. You could tell who the better player was but, it wasn't just stick skills. He made some bad reads and threw into coverage. Even a accurate guy like Manning over threw that one pass pretty bad.

Also hearing them talk about things that aren't sim made me look forward to when sim or tourney style won't matter. IRL you can do what ever you want to. From high school to the Pro's coaches do some "unsim" things but, the results are realistic obviously. If you go for it on 4th down all the time in the NFL not only will you lose but, you will get fired. It's not about being sim it's about reality.

That's how I want Madden to play. If a guy wants to do stupid "unsim" stuff fine. He won't ever win or he will adjust if the results play out realistic. I think that really seems like the direct this game is going. I for one get tired of giving myself "house rules" or feeling like I have to police myself. I want the game to do the policing with realistic results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 1

just watched bits and pieces and caught the time they said they were able to add the ability of WRs being able to swat a ball down if they know they cant catch it...i love that
Old 07-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #163
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I tried, I can't find it in the app for the life of me
Same here:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #164
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

I really hope Madden 15 sells well this year. It looks like a step in the right direction. But if Sales decline even more than they have, who knows what direction EA will go in next,

As for the video, they really should more of these instead of those hype trailers. This was pretty in depth.

I still think the replays are too quick and have poor angles. Show me how the play develop from a broadcast angle and then show another angle after of a tackle or pass break up.

I cant wait to hear about Franchise Mode and Presentation....Those the big ones for me.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #165
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

for those who watched it

is this the video?

http://youtu.be/safhjnj8Occ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #166
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
for those who watched it

is this the video?

Thanks for posting this...
Old 07-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #167
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I wish Rex could enlighten us on the sliders and let us know if things work as they should. Also, a large document describing the sliders and what they do in detail would REALLY do wonders for the community. Is there any chance we could get that? Explain in detail what lowering and raising each slider actually does.
AGREE 100,000,000%
Old 07-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #168
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
for those who watched it

is this the video?

Yes, it's the last 45 minutes of it, missing the first 35 minutes. I think the entire thing was like 1hr 20 minutes.

I like the way Rex explained the tackling cone and what the entire concept behind it is, makes a lot more sense to me now. To those that haven't or can't see the video yet, one of my biggest complaints about Madden over the years has been the lack of contextual tackles in open space, not engaged with a blocker, which allowed the ball carrier to run beside, behind and slide off would be tacklers, since they weren't at a proper angle to trigger a tackle animation. It seems that the tackle mechanic now allows for the defender to transition to a proper tackle in those situations, based on the proximity and angle of the ball carrier, using various buttons, with the visual cone just being an on field indicator to help people understand why the tackle that triggered, did. So no more defenders diving flat on their face and chest without any awareness of the ball carrier, whatever attempted tackles should make sense for the given situation. Not to go on and on about this because we don't know how well it will work in-game but that's definitely promising for those times when the User gets switched to the wrong defender and could accidentally dive tackle a defender out the play, lol.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-18-2014 at 11:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »