Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
very happy to here that they did the difficulty like NCAA. If I heard the comment right by the guy on the Right. Sounds like you just pick All Madden, All-Pro, so on and the sliders can be what ever without going to custom. This is very good news as far as slider adjustments go.
If the sliders actually work it will be good news. I'm hoping they do, but I'm not gonna get too excited until we can see it.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #154
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Anyway to watch the archived video on iPad other than the twitch app?
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #155
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

There was an extremely brief comment on sliders, which in a way sucks, cause I believe there are a great number of us sim players that are very interested in how the sliders work and interact as they are right now, and are thus even more interested in what is in store in M15....

If the sliders are not fixed and operate properly, it really doesn't matter if they separate them so you have slider sets under each difficulty rating as in NCAA football, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #156
Banned

OVR: 11

I guarantee videos like this will sell more copies than any marketing BS, company lines, "back of the box" bullet-points, trailers, etc.

Rex and co. TALKED to us--I appreciated the honesty on the shortcomings and the focus on realism. To have our intelligence insulted for years last-gen with all the pre-release fluff, this video was a breath of fresh air.

I don't care what anyone says about "the ******s", it is no accident that sim-like titles like The Show, NBA 2K, etc. have their stellar reputations with accompanying sales to boot. Heck, Project CARS isn't due till November and the racing community is salivating over it--why? Because Slightly Mad Studios are unabashedly calling it a sim with options to tailor the difficulty; and those playing the various builds on PC are backing that claim up. Sim sells. The ******s will adjust.

I was completely ready to bypass this year's madden and maybe even next year's. It's never been easier for me now with the various stellar titles coming out this fall across platforms + racing and flight sims I can play on the PC. Plus Madden's become so stale this past generation.

I'm not bound and determined to buy now, but as another poster said, it's back on the radar. And if they deliver, heck yeah I'll buy. I'll gladly fork over my money and sing their praises if they produce a good sim product. That's all we've been begging for.

Last edited by Flamehead; 07-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #157
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
There was an extremely brief comment on sliders, which in a way sucks, cause I believe there are a great number of us sim players that are very interested in how the sliders work and interact as they are right now, and are thus even more interested in what is in store in M15....

If the sliders are not fixed and operate properly, it really doesn't matter if they separate them so you have slider sets under each difficulty rating as in NCAA football, IMO.
I wish Rex could enlighten us on the sliders and let us know if things work as they should. Also, a large document describing the sliders and what they do in detail would REALLY do wonders for the community. Is there any chance we could get that? Explain in detail what lowering and raising each slider actually does.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #158
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.
Rex, if you have CFM changes that make CFM (off field stuff) deeper and more realistic, I'll make the same comment.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #159
Banned

OVR: 21

This is what the community has been asking for all along - honesty and insights. Loved the fact that they acknowledged shortcomings and did not try to hide or sugarcoat. We know the game is not a perfect sim yet but it does wonders if the leads tell us they know what is off and let us know it is on the radar either for a patch fix or upcoming next year release, etc.

Just be honest and forthcoming like this clip was and you'll gain the respect back as well as old customers who have given up.

C
Old 07-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #160
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
This right here ^. This went a long way for me. Don't insult our intelligence by lying and feeding us company lines. He did not do that, and I really appreciated it. Everything doesn't always work great, but the effort to make this game great again is there. How I am starting to look at this is that they basically squandered an entire generation of football gaming. Madden was a dump in a box for 8 years. The game they have built is probably what we should have gotten back in 2007. What's done is done and I am willing to move past that IF - they can really set the bar with the realism they want to instill in this game. I want to desperately retire my APF 2k8 disc. It's a fantastic game on the field, but if Madden can offer what that game had and do it even better, why would I want to play it? I don't care about exclusives, ill will, EA being evil. If Madden is a great game I will buy it and not care about other games. I am not really a "gamer". I only play in online leagues and I really only care about football.
But what did I ever do to you???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »