Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #129
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Don't take my word for it, but I don't believe this is anything new.

I think this is just referring to the difficulty settings now simply being slider pre-sets. Notice in the current Madden games if you change any slider at all after having set it to, say, All-Pro, the difficulty title changes to "Custom".

I think this was originally done in Madden 12? Possibly Madden 10, foggy. Was definitely present in 13 and 25.

Again, I could be completely wrong, but that's my interpretation.
IF that is in fact what they mean, then I hope Rex or whoever will get people together and create an extensive slider manual covering the full details of Hum, CPU, and Penalty sliders and how they act and interact. Seems that even CPU sliders act differently than Hum sliders....SMH
Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #130
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

Guess I'll have to watch this thing once it gets posted in archive.
lol, don't get me wrong, certain issues are still obviously present but like so many have stated before, you definitely get some tangible evidence that these guys are trying to make Madden, less Madden. When you watch the video, I think you'll get what I mean.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #131
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm so mad that I missed the live stream. I was totally planning on watching but, got tied up at that time. Going to watch the archived video for sure.

Even though I've been critical of some of the last ten years I really like what I've seen from Rex and Clint. I really hope they get this were it seems like they want it. Guess I better watch the video so I can give real impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #132

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.
Rex,

If you keep up this vision and direction, I promise you that you won't have to worry about a lack of sales from this site.

Out of principal I can't say job well done so instead I will say looking very good!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #133
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm so mad that I missed the live stream
wordtobigbird just posted the link to the archive up above. It's slow as a mofo though. Hoping someone posts it to youtube...
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #134
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.
I know you caught alot of flack for the "Come at me, bro" comment at 2K. I only caught the tail end of the livestream, but I noticed how much humility Rex showed with the game. He openly acknowledged that this may not be the "90+" rated game that some people are wanting, and talked about areas that need to be more robust (e.g., WR/DB interaction) and will have to wait until next year. And I appreciate that honesty...

I'm part of the group Rex mentioned that have skipped Madden for a few years and that he thinks this would be the year to give it a try again -- it's pretty much a 'Buy' for me...
Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #135
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Seriously though, there was a lot of good stuff shown in that stream and considering what Ian said about the down sales of M10 influencing the direction of M11, I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.
You make a good point.

The skeptic in me still wants to see what's going on with franchise aspects in connected careers before I feel so bold...lol...but I do agree that good behavior should be rewarded and encouraged for the future.

Maybe I'll buy a gift copy for my nephew toward that end, because I certainly support the vision and apparent direction.

EDIT:

Quote:

If you guys executed anything close to what you've described as your vision/direction, then I echo what kehlis said: you'll have no trouble here!

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 07-18-2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: missed a post...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #136
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:

Y'all got my respect, seriously, for this video. I came to the Madden forums after being very happy for a few months in The Show section just to see what was going on. After not liking last year's game and being all but certain I wouldn't purchase another Madden, this effort convinced me that you guys are doing things right and deserve to be rewarded.

Big ups, and keep up the good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »