Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #121
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well I feel like Peter Griffin on that episode of Family Guy where he angrily goes to confront Bill Clinton but ends up in bed with him, lol. I intended to watch this stream strictly to mark time, not expecting to be the slightest bit interested, much less impressed, then...... BAM!, by the time this thing was over I'm considering buying it new to support their effort. Really well done guys, people have been saying for years how they wish Tiburon would just show us the game actually being played, aside from all that trailer marketing stuff and they delivered in this stream, JP and I kept trying to tell you guys about this "new" team., lmao. (j/k)

Seriously though, there was a lot of good stuff shown in that stream and considering what Ian said about the down sales of M10 influencing the direction of M11, I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

That said, a few of quick issues I hope can be addressed pre release. On that pass by Rivers where he is hit while throwing, again I think those passes are still too accurate, it might have been slightly off target but it still hit that receiver in stride, for the most part.

Secondly, they said they added the User ability for the intended receiver to swat down potential INTs BUT ill the CPU/AI controlled receivers do the same thing? If not, that needs to be, especially for offline Users that play the CPU and people in "no switch" leagues.

Lastly, in the same vein as the previous point, please make sure that AI/CPU defenders use the "steering" to push the pocket, I saw various bullet points about AI teammates mattering and the CPU/AI using the presnap adjustments so hopefully this all falls under the same umbrella.

Again though, really well done presentation.

Guess I'll have to watch this thing once it gets posted in archive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #122
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

Guess I'll have to watch this thing once it gets posted in archive.
http://www.twitch.tv/archive/archive...832711&t=1386s
Old 07-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #123
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
When they were talking about the different difficulty levels the one guy mentioned something real quick about how they untied the sliders from them. Did anyone else catch that? Or is this nothing new?
caught that very clearly, as sliders and the mysteriy behind them all has me going bald from frustration...I hope there is more detail in regards to sliders in the future....
Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
When they were talking about the different difficulty levels the one guy mentioned something real quick about how they untied the sliders from them. Did anyone else catch that? Or is this nothing new?
Great point Phil, I meant to ask about that too. I caught it and I was trying to work while listening, that very point made me get up from my desk and take a look. I want to know more about this as well.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #125
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I didn't even catch that. Wow that's huge. That's definitely new. Before the difficulty levels WERE the sliders. All Pro 50/50, All Madden 25/75, etc. So now that they are separate that is going to be veryyyyyyy interesting for sliders..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #126
Creative Director Madden

RexDEAFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well I feel like Peter Griffin on that episode of Family Guy where he angrily goes to confront Bill Clinton but ends up in bed with him, lol. I intended to watch this stream strictly to mark time, not expecting to be the slightest bit interested, much less impressed, then...... BAM!, by the time this thing was over I'm considering buying it new to support their effort. Really well done guys, people have been saying for years how they wish Tiburon would just show us the game actually being played, aside from all that trailer marketing stuff and they delivered in this stream, JP and I kept trying to tell you guys about this "new" team., lmao. (j/k)

Seriously though, there was a lot of good stuff shown in that stream and considering what Ian said about the down sales of M10 influencing the direction of M11, I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

That said, a few of quick issues I hope can be addressed pre release. On that pass by Rivers where he is hit while throwing, again I think those passes are still too accurate, it might have been slightly off target but it still hit that receiver in stride, for the most part.

Secondly, they said they added the User ability for the intended receiver to swat down potential INTs BUT ill the CPU/AI controlled receivers do the same thing? If not, that needs to be, especially for offline Users that play the CPU and people in "no switch" leagues.

Lastly, in the same vein as the previous point, please make sure that AI/CPU defenders use the "steering" to push the pocket, I saw various bullet points about AI teammates mattering and the CPU/AI using the presnap adjustments so hopefully this all falls under the same umbrella.

Again though, really well done presentation.
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #127
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Don't take my word for it, but I don't believe this is anything new.

I think this is just referring to the difficulty settings now simply being slider pre-sets. Notice in the current Madden games if you change any slider at all after having set it to, say, All-Pro, the difficulty title changes to "Custom".

I think this was originally done in Madden 12? Possibly Madden 10, foggy. Was definitely present in 13 and 25.

Again, I could be completely wrong, but that's my interpretation.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #128
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

While I'm going back to watch the replay of the stream. I wasn't able catch all of it. But what I did see looks good. But that was Human vs Human. What worries me how much of a boost in speed will the AI defenders get Human vs AI or how will the animations for the AI be that they can still catchup with a WR in warp speed. Stuff like that what has bother me for years now in madden. AI hands of glue I feel will still be in the game. Where the AI gets a ton of ints per game. I much whether would of want them to do a human vs AI game then Human vs Human. It's a totally different story from those. I'm still a little bit worried about how powerful the AI is going to be right now for offline CFM mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »