Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
See this is why I think ea should release more clips earlier in cycle so people with a different perspective can give feedback before it's to late in dev cycle to change it. If devs are lurking and reading videos and posts like this and one above it can only help except if it's to late in the game, kind of like I assume we are now.

I know that is what game changers are supposed to be for but when your at these events it's hard to catch it all like you can with a slowed down video capture like this. Then not to mention so many are caught up in hype and praise it rather than break down what still needs to be fixed. Having thousands see these rather than 6 or 7 people can only help with more eyes and perspectives given. I know it's wishful thinking and will probably never happen though. Oh well...
I actually sent that clip, along with several others over the past few months to Clint Oldenburgh. After the first one, he requested that I keep sending them. When I sent him the one I mentioned here, he got a little bit more sensitive about it. "I can show you several real life plays where defenders are standing still." I asked for those and never got them, because I sure as hell have never seen it. Even if that's the case, they certainly would not be standing still with the opposing team's QB running right at them. If they read this stuff then great, but reading and doing something about it are two different things. It looks bad when you advertise that you have super smart players performing 50x more calculations per second, yet they fail consistently year after year in performing basics. Once again, the implementation does not ever seem to match the touting and the marketing. Sounds good, plays bad.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #98
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
I had another problem with that part of the footage...when he steps up into the pocket, he ends up moving past the blockers and in front of the pass rushers on each edge....instead of the protection setting the edge and forcing the DEs to run outside of them, they are stuck together like glue.

This situation should result in holding A LOT...if the OTs both have outside edge protection responsibility and the QB steps up to a position that puts the DEs between himself and the OTs, then that is not a pocket at all! Granted its one play and slowed down BUT this same kind of futile logic has been in Madden forever...through one dev team after another, through multiple players and former players and coaches supposedly helping with the blocking logic....

I am at a loss. If the game still keep treating the pass pocket wrong and still keeps having stupid linemen engaging each other instead of actively trying to get to or protect the QB, then the other stuff won't matter at all in time. This is one of the primary reasons that crap play-styles with little to no football logic still work in Madden year after year in H2H settings.

The OTs and DEs in one-on-one match-ups collpase into linear 1v1 play and lack any awareness of the QB's movements from there. As the QB steps up and gets himself into a disavantaged location (with the pass rush between himself and his protection) it should result in either a sack, a QB hit or a penalty. In that example they had the QB throw to the flats to illustrate better coverage...but seriously, if the line play remains that broken I don't think the zone logic of the AI is going to matter. People in H2H games will get the timing down and the passing game will end up feeling painfully familiar before Labor Day...
Glad you mentioned this, I wanted to, but figured I would just be labeled "debbie downer". Notice how the DE actually has his back to the QB there and the O Lineman is behind him. Why would he be engaged in a block with the QB behind him? It's like he is pushing the offensive tackle straight down and not caring about where the QB is or where he might go. I was starting to feel a bit better about this game and maybe considered buying it, but after seeing this video, everything that I wanted to see fixed with this player sense 2.0 is still just as bad as it has been the past several years.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #99
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

I wonder when they are gonna put signature animations into the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #100
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Things I liked and some I didn't really care for but there's hope..
Old 07-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Glad you mentioned this, I wanted to, but figured I would just be labeled "debbie downer". Notice how the DE actually has his back to the QB there and the O Lineman is behind him. Why would he be engaged in a block with the QB behind him? It's like he is pushing the offensive tackle straight down and not caring about where the QB is or where he might go. I was starting to feel a bit better about this game and maybe considered buying it, but after seeing this video, everything that I wanted to see fixed with this player sense 2.0 is still just as bad as it has been the past several years.
After seeing this blocking glitch in those clips,. I was watching the pocket formation and blocking on a few plays in the stream this afternoon and thankfully saw the OL-DL (especially the edges of the pocket) work much better when they were using Manning and Rivers and mainly stepping up in a more realistic way. It was not all bad like this one example...hopefully the effort that has gone into balancing the game will pay off by making that poor awareness a real outlier instead of an every 3rd play occurrence...

That live stream was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressive than the last 2 years of hype videos combined for me...it made me a lot more forgiving about the blocking anomalies - as long as they stay anomalies after I get the game in my hands!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nice to see they have the actual Vikings number font in the game.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Unfortunately for me, it didn't do much. I immediately saw two situations where a defender was standing completely still, flat footed doing nothing. That would never be the case. Even if that defender, in this case it's a corner, is responsible for backside contain, he's going to creep up near the line of scrimmage or he's simply going to attack it. If not that, he would help out in coverage. I just don't understand how they don't see that happen and don't address it. It's been in the game for years. This clip was only a couple of minutes and I saw it twice.

EDIT: if you look at the 31 second mark, the corner and MLB are standing still. Graphics look really nice.
i saw the corner and mlb reading the qb than breaking to the ball o.0
Old 07-19-2014, 05:14 AM   #104
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowinkle08
i saw the corner and mlb reading the qb than breaking to the ball o.0

Be sure to send me your version of the game. Better yet, I'll take whatever glasses you're wearing. :-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »