Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #521
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

I ain't mad at you d23x...that second stage of grief is anger...shows your a real fan,.

I think bargaining is next...."if only Riley would've tired harder"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #522
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

Just so people don't think i'm just blowing smoke with the whole "Miami Cavaliers," Mike Miller was on ESPN radio and said "we got James Jones, now we're moving Miami to northeast Ohio." It's definitely a storyline..
Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #523
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
I'm not writing what I have said from a LeBron perspective, I am writing it because from what I have read and seen so far leads me to believe some truth to the actions. Like I said LeBron wouldn't meet with Pat after the finals but met with Gilbert for 4 hours giving Pat only an hour then announcing his decision. Taking a trip with Jones and Allen after the finals and those are the two in collaboration with the Cavs if Allen doesn't retire. Yes, I am speaking a bit from disappointment but the other stuff I have stated has happend.

I'm not bitter and I actually hope LeBron does well with the Cavaliers. I am truly grateful that I was able to see him play twice at AAA in my lifetime. It just sucks to know when I turn on sun sports or go to another game there will be no more #6 LeBron James in the lineup. Did I expect LeBron to retire with the Heat? no.. Just a few more years of greatness wouldn't have hurt.
Yeah but those are some serious reaches that would only be made by a Heat fan, lol.

One thing I don't think anyone questions, Lebron's mother and wife desperately wanted him to return to Cleveland; raise his kids in Ohio. Would that have happened this year if some other things didn't play out the way they did? Who knows? But that's the point... who knows? The guy is friends with Ray Allen and James Jones so meeting with them doesn't mean anything besides he met with friends. If he had gone back to Miami will we look down on him bc he had Wade fly out to his camp and ride back on the plane with him? What does it mean that Wade did that and he did NOT go back to Miami? Would we call him power hungry bc the Heat traded up to draft the player he said he'd like to play with? What does it mean that he did NOT go back even though they did that?

The point is we can micro-analyze every move the guy makes and cut out the parts that don't support our argument to paint him however we want. The truth is, we have no idea when he decided to leave, why he decided to go back to Cleveland, who he told what or when. All we have to go by is a very well written letter that leaves me know reason to waste time thinking about other options. He's just a basketball player, and was a free agent.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #524
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
Just so people don't think i'm just blowing smoke with the whole "Miami Cavaliers," Mike Miller was on ESPN radio and said "we got James Jones, now we're moving Miami to northeast Ohio." It's definitely a storyline..
It's definitely a running joke. You think they'll be calling Wade next? Maybe that's what Wade and James talked about on the way back from his camp.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #525
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah but those are some serious reaches that would only be made by a Heat fan, lol.

One thing I don't think anyone questions, Lebron's mother and wife desperately wanted him to return to Cleveland; raise his kids in Ohio. Would that have happened this year if some other things didn't play out the way they did? Who knows? But that's the point... who knows? The guy is friends with Ray Allen and James Jones so meeting with them doesn't mean anything besides he met with friends. If he had gone back to Miami will we look down on him bc he had Wade fly out to his camp and ride back on the plane with him? What does it mean that Wade did that and he did NOT go back to Miami? Would we call him power hungry bc the Heat traded up to draft the player he said he'd like to play with? What does it mean that he did NOT go back even though they did that?

The point is we can micro-analyze every move the guy makes and cut out the parts that don't support our argument to paint him however we want. The truth is, we have no idea when he decided to leave, why he decided to go back to Cleveland, who he told what or when. All we have to go by is a very well written letter that leaves me know reason to waste time thinking about other options. He's just a basketball player, and was a free agent.
Although you disagree with me I think this is pretty well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #526
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's definitely a running joke. You think they'll be calling Wade next? Maybe that's what Wade and James talked about on the way back from his camp.
Who knows maybe it was, hope not. I highly doubt Wade would leave beautiful Miami for Cleveland though.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #527
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Y'all looking WAY too far into everything. He wanted to go home so he went home.

I believe losing, being "challenged", the roster, the money, everything else makes up a very very very tiny amount of his decision.. Like the extra 1% with the other 99% being "go home".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #528
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Y'all looking WAY too far into everything. He wanted to go home so he went home.

I believe losing, being "challenged", the roster, the money, everything else makes up a very very very tiny amount of his decision.. Like the extra 1% with the other 99% being "go home".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree because after going to 4 straight finals and winning two I can't sit back and actually believe he just wanted to go back home without another motive. If thats the case then I personally question his drive for the game at this stage of his career. He is the best in the league and won his two titles that he was searching for. I believe in the press conference before game 5 of the finals he said "it's just a game win or lose." Yeah, its an NBA finals game something you work all season to get to. Yet he shruged it off like it was no big deal. I personally believe and this may be a bit biased that the Heat had a few more years to without a doubt come out of the East if he would of stayed. Going to Cleveland he is going to have to wait and be patient for those guys to grow because they haven't even gotten a sniff of the playoffs. Basically all i'm saying is it isn't guarenteed the Cavs even make it out of the East next year or even down the line. At 30 the clock begins to tick on your career. I'd personally want rings at 30 but that's what makes us different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »