Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #513
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
I'm not writing what I have said from a LeBron perspective, I am writing it because from what I have read and seen so far leads me to believe some truth to the actions. Like I said LeBron wouldn't meet with Pat after the finals but met with Gilbert for 4 hours giving Pat only an hour then announcing his decision. Taking a trip with Jones and Allen after the finals and those are the two in collaboration with the Cavs if Allen doesn't retire. Yes, I am speaking a bit from disappointment but the other stuff I have stated has happend.

I'm not bitter and I actually hope LeBron does well with the Cavaliers. I am truly grateful that I was able to see him play twice at AAA in my lifetime. It just sucks to know when I turn on sun sports or go to another game there will be no more #6 LeBron James in the lineup. Did I expect LeBron to retire with the Heat? no.. Just a few more years of greatness wouldn't have hurt.

So we going to address Pat's "challenging" LeBron in all of this and what affect that had on everything or nah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #514
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

It's so crazy because I remember watching this game and everything and it doesn't feel that long ago. LeBron announced he would wear #6 after this game since obviously #23 was retired in Miami lol just sayin'....
Old 07-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #515
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Or people were mad at the pre-planned nature of the way they left. But I guess if this suits the narrative better let's roll with that.

Doesn't matter they were free agents. That's the whole point. Don't think going back to Cleveland was a last minute decision

But we have guys here saying LAWD!!!! I Thank You for forgiveness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #516
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Of course im upset not bitter the best player in the league just left my team. LeBron has been my favorite player since 2006 so idk how I sound uneducated. I have seen most if not all of his games since arrving in the league. I was obviously just joking with the anology that I used about baby boy and college, but no need to call me uneducated because i'm upset that the best player left my team..
I said that because you are talking as if you know why LeBron made his decisions and that he "planned it all a long" because he went on vacation with Ray Allen and James Jones. Then you said because he "knew all a long" he should have had the decency to tell Riley? Come on man, you're making ridiculous assumptions that you're trying to pass off as fact. These guys are free agents and WANT to play with LeBron. You say he is on a power trip and wants to be player, coach and GM? Where are you coming up with this stuff?

LeBron left Miami because he realized that his presence is Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball itself. He said this in the letter to SI. You can also find some Damon Jones quotes where he revealed that LeBron never wanted to leave Cleveland in the first place and he tried up until the very last minute in 2010 to get players to come to Cleveland. He was always going to come back to Cleveland at some point, and now was the perfect time to do it. He gave you 4 Finals appearances and 2 NBA championships. Despite just 4 years in Miami, he arguably cemented his legacy as the greatest player in Heat franchise history. I don't know what more you could want as a Heat fan from him.

But don't act like he's on some kind of power trip and is conspiring to get players to join him in Cleveland. That's ridiculous and makes me think you really don't understand LeBron.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #517
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So we going to address Pat's "challenging" LeBron in all of this and what affect that had on everything or nah?

I'd challenge him too especially if right before the presser Rich Paul told Pat he wouldn't be able to speak to James face to face. Let's be real NO BODY was beating the Spurs this year. The shots they were hitting it was just their year. LeBron didn't want to accept the challenge and left as simple as that. I honestly believe the press conference wasn't a huge deal in him wanting to leave. It's not like Pat said anything worse than what Dan Gilbert said.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #518
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
I said that because you are talking as if you know why LeBron made his decisions and that he "planned it all a long" because he went on vacation with Ray Allen and James Jones. Then you said because he "knew all a long" he should have had the decency to tell Riley? Come on man, you're making ridiculous assumptions that you're trying to pass off as fact. These guys are free agents and WANT to play with LeBron. You say he is on a power trip and wants to be player, coach and GM? Where are you coming up with this stuff?

LeBron left Miami because he realized that his presence is Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball itself. He said this in the letter to SI. You can also find some Damon Jones quotes where he revealed that LeBron never wanted to leave Cleveland in the first place and he tried up until the very last minute in 2010 to get players to come to Cleveland. He was always going to come back to Cleveland at some point, and now was the perfect time to do it. He gave you 4 Finals appearances and 2 NBA championships. Despite just 4 years in Miami, he arguably cemented his legacy as the greatest player in Heat franchise history. I don't know what more you could want as a Heat fan from him.

But don't act like he's on some kind of power trip and is conspiring to get players to join him in Cleveland. That's ridiculous and makes me think you really don't understand LeBron.
I'd beg to differ about best in Heat history. I'd have to give the edge to Dwyane Wade for bringing in the first championship in franchise history. So you are telling me I can't have an opinion about all of this...? ok
Old 07-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #519
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'd beg to differ about best in Heat history. I'd have to give the edge to Dwyane Wade for bringing in the first championship in franchise history. So you are telling me I can't have an opinion about all of this...? ok
Wade and Shaq* brought that first title

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying you are trying to pass of your opinions as fact when they have absolutely no merit. You've said multiple times that LeBron "didn't want the challenge" of returning to Miami so he just walked away from it and left. Seriously? When did LeBron say this? Who is your insider source giving you this information that no one else has?
Old 07-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #520
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
Wade and Shaq* brought that first title

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying you are trying to pass of your opinions as fact when they have absolutely no merit. You've said multiple times that LeBron "didn't want the challenge" of returning to Miami so he just walked away from it and left. Seriously? When did LeBron say this? Who is your insider source giving you this information that no one else has?
It's not that it has been told to me it just kinda shows in his actions. Didn't want the challenge in Cleveland and got a bit tough in Miami and he left. I could be wrong but it just seems that way from the outside looking in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (12.7 KB, 97 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »