Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #505
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Why would u get Mad if u were a Heat fan he helped them get 2 more rings and he gave them relevant status again so being mad I don't understand it
Very happy LeBron brought the team two titles, but he is the best player in the world. Who wouldn't be upset about him leaving their team? I'd say you would have to be an idiot to act like it's no big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #506
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
Very happy LeBron brought the team two titles, but he is the best player in the world. Who wouldn't be upset about him leaving their team? I'd say you would have to be an idiot to act like it's no big deal.
I think the comments toward you aren't really bc you're mad (pick whichever word you want) about him leaving, but the assumptions of why he left, who he "stole" to go with him, etc, etc. How you feel and what happened are two different things.

A bit much to call you uneducated for sure, but if you were basing your opinion from the perspective of James, then what you posted would definitely make it seem you don't really get where he's coming from with some things. If you just posted it bc you're mad he left... well you're going to get hammered around here for that bc most try to come here to get away from those reactionary, super fanboy type of discussions.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #507
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
But fans got mad at LeBron bosh and wade for picking a location in free agency

Or people were mad at the pre-planned nature of the way they left. But I guess if this suits the narrative better let's roll with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #508
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the comments toward you aren't really bc you're mad (pick whichever word you want) about him leaving, but the assumptions of why he left, who he "stole" to go with him, etc, etc. How you feel and what happened are two different things.

A bit much to call you uneducated for sure, but if you were basing your opinion from the perspective of James, then what you posted would definitely make it seem you don't really get where he's coming from with some things. If you just posted it bc you're mad he left... well you're going to get hammered around here for that bc most try to come here to get away from those reactionary, super fanboy type of discussions.
I'm not writing what I have said from a LeBron perspective, I am writing it because from what I have read and seen so far leads me to believe some truth to the actions. Like I said LeBron wouldn't meet with Pat after the finals but met with Gilbert for 4 hours giving Pat only an hour then announcing his decision. Taking a trip with Jones and Allen after the finals and those are the two in collaboration with the Cavs if Allen doesn't retire. Yes, I am speaking a bit from disappointment but the other stuff I have stated has happend.

I'm not bitter and I actually hope LeBron does well with the Cavaliers. I am truly grateful that I was able to see him play twice at AAA in my lifetime. It just sucks to know when I turn on sun sports or go to another game there will be no more #6 LeBron James in the lineup. Did I expect LeBron to retire with the Heat? no.. Just a few more years of greatness wouldn't have hurt.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #509
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
I'm not writing what I have said from a LeBron perspective, I am writing it because from what I have read and seen so far leads me to believe some truth to the actions. Like I said LeBron wouldn't meet with Pat after the finals but met with Gilbert for 4 hours giving Pat only an hour then announcing his decision. Taking a trip with Jones and Allen after the finals and those are the two in collaboration with the Cavs if Allen doesn't retire. Yes, I am speaking a bit from disappointment but the other stuff I have stated has happend.

I'm not bitter and I actually hope LeBron does well with the Cavaliers. I am truly grateful that I was able to see him play twice at AAA in my lifetime. It just sucks to know when I turn on sun sports or go to another game there will be no more #6 LeBron James in the lineup. Did I expect LeBron to retire with the Heat? no.. Just a few more years of greatness wouldn't have hurt.
I completely agree with the second part of what you said. It's extremely disappointing that seeing Lebron's time in a Heat jersey are over for good and I was never able to experience a game in AAA during his time here. That being said I think the whole meeting with Gilbert in Miami thing has been overblown. After the letter, Gilbert had some huge sucking up to do to Lebron to get their relationship to a point that Lebron would be comfortable with him singing his checks again. I don't believe that Lebron's giving less time to Pat was any kind of disrespect or anything like that, I think it was more he already knows Pat's way of thinking having been around him these past four years.

I do think that had Wade and Bosh shown up in the Finals, Lebron would have resigned for 2 more years before leaving for Cleveland but that doesn't really matter at this point. As pointed out in an ESPN article, whose author escapes me at the moment, while going to Cleveland may not result in a title right away that roster is set up to contend for possibly the next 7 or 8 years with Irving being only 22, Wiggins only 19. Potentially add in a 25 year old Kevin Love, who's game isn't predicated on athleticism, and Lebron could still be chasing titles at 38.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #510
Pro

d23x's Arena

Well I am hoping Wade will go get his knee surgery in Germany ala Kobe so we can see more of this next year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Dg...KfSfAqD6Cpe8PA
Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #511
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

1'04: Look at Shaq hedging like a boss on that p'n'r.

And that Wade poster, damn lol. That's some vintage basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #512
Rookie

Varejao should've just retired right after that poster

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »