Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #481
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

First thing that I thought of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #482
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
LOL... I wonder if Cav fans should complain about Big Z coming to Miami.

Every man is free to do what he pleases. I'm so tired of people with all the "he knew already". blah blah... Stop it.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with talking about him knowing where he was going all along. Particularly when it's true. Certainly not like it's the first time he's done that.

It is funny though seeing a Heat fan complain about somebody recruiting "Heat players" and those players include Ray Allen and Mike Miller. Really? Those guys are Heat players? I think I'd say those two are Celtics and Grizzlies players more than Heat. Or Sonic and Wizard guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #483
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Hey, there's nothing wrong with talking about him knowing where he was going all along. Particularly when it's true. Certainly not like it's the first time he's done that.

It is funny though seeing a Heat fan complain about somebody recruiting "Heat players" and those players include Ray Allen and Mike Miller. Really? Those guys are Heat players? I think I'd say those two are Celtics and Grizzlies players more than Heat. Or Sonic and Wizard guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do actually think LeBron knew where he was going already once the season was over already? I'm pretty sure he started out wanting to come back to the Heat. And then the money didn't match up the way he wanted. And ended up going back to the Cavs.

But who knows... D23x could be right.We'll probably find out 20 years from now on 30 for 30.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #484
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

What I mean by they are "heat" players is if LeBron wanted them Pat could of gotten them. All the guys Bron wants were brought to the Heat by Pat so why wouldn't he be able to do it again? I don't mean that their careers should be summarized as just what they did for the Heat.

Only reason Miller was amnestied was because his contract was too much to pay. If I'm not mistaken he would be able to resign with the Heat next season via amnesty rules. I just believe if you're going to ask for those guys why not go to Pat and suggest that. Instead he wants to run the whole Cavs organization bc imo he is on some type of power trip. Seems he wants to be player, GM, and coach and that wasn't happening in Miami not with Pat there. I also will not say that him leavings wasn't pre planned. He took a trip with Jones and Allen two guys he wants with the Cavs and one guy he has already gotten. Seems pretty pre planned to me.

Last edited by d23x; 07-17-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #485
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
What I mean by they are "heat" players is if LeBron wanted them Pat could of gotten them. All the guys Bron wants were brought to the Heat by Pat so why wouldn't he be able to do it again? I don't mean that their careers should be summarized as just what they did for the Heat.

Only reason Miller was amnestied was because his contract was too much to pay. If I'm not mistaken he would be able to resign with the Heat next season via amnesty rules. I just believe if you're going to ask for those guys why not go to Pat and suggest that. Instead he wants to run the whole Cavs organization bc imo he is on some type of power trip. Seems he wants to be player, GM, and coach and that wasn't happening in Miami not with Pat there. I also will not say that him leavings wasn't pre planned. He took a trip with Jones and Allen two guys he wants with the Cavs and one guy he has already gotten. Seems pretty pre planned to me.
Man... your looking at this the wrong way. LeBron didn't leave the Heat because they couldn't put a good team around him. LeBron left the Heat because they weren't going to pay him as much as the Cavs were. They would have had a better team roster wise if he would have returned. Pat Riley proved that in the last 4 years. I just think LeBron wanted to get paid what he was worth.

But in regard to the whole planned thing. Until we get a story that LeBron had this all planned out. You can't just say he did because it looks like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #486
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Do actually think LeBron knew where he was going already once the season was over already? I'm pretty sure he started out wanting to come back to the Heat. And then the money didn't match up the way he wanted. And ended up going back to the Cavs.

But who knows... D23x could be right.We'll probably find out 20 years from now on 30 for 30.
I don't know if he knew all along, the way he was looking in that Spurs series looked like he was done with what was going on in South Beach though and it basically having turned into Cleveland south in the idea that he ended up doing EVERYTHING for that team as well. The money didn't match up the way he wanted doesn't make sense though, jeebs. He wanted the max, he was going to get that if he wanted from Pat and everybody else's salaries would follow after that. So that wasn't the issue there. Outside of Dallas, wherever LeBron wanted to go, the money he wanted was going to be there.

As for d23, come on dude you're sounding like the fake Heat fans right now with this. Pat wasn't going out to get a Kyrie Irving or an Andrew Wiggins or any other kind of youth infused roster. Keeping Ray and Jones then bringing in Miller wasn't the difference in LeBron staying or going. Obviously the Cavs need some vets mixed in with their youth and LeBron enjoys playing with those guys so he recruited them. I get you lost out on the dude, but some of this stuff you're bringing to the table right now...c'mon man.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #487
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Man... your looking at this the wrong way. LeBron didn't leave the Heat because they couldn't put a good team around him. LeBron left the Heat because they weren't going to pay him as much as the Cavs were. They would have had a better team roster wise if he would have returned. Pat Riley proved that in the last 4 years. I just think LeBron wanted to get paid what he was worth.

But in regard to the whole planned thing. Until we get a story that LeBron had this all planned out. You can't just say he did because it looks like it.
Heat were planning on paying LeBron the max. You have to be silly to think they wouldn't knowing he is the best player. They would of done whatever to keep LeBron as most gm's would. Idc I'm sticking to it was all planned just as I believe 2010 was planned. All did their contracts the same so they could opt out in 2010. Would of been Melo instead of Bosh but Melo wanted his money.

Whatever though I'll have to get over it sooner or later he isn't coming back and it is what it is. Hope Wade gets right this offseason and Bosh expands his game even more. Should be a good year for the East competitively speaking.

Last edited by d23x; 07-17-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #488
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:

What are you talking about jeebs lol? LeBron was going to get a max salary regardless. The max in Miami would have been more than what he could get from Cleveland as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »