Home

Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #105
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at M...

Ummmmmm did I just read in that BR article that you earn MUT rewards in CFM?!?!???

If true GTFO. That is straight up garbage leave my franchise mode alone with that MUT BS

I hate that stuff so much

I'm hoping it is just the stand alone trainer mode that will earn MUT garbage.

I will calm down then lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

Last edited by NDAlum; 07-15-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #106
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at M...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Ummmmmm did I just read in that BR article that you earn MUT rewards in CFM?!?!???

If true GTFO. That is straight up garbage leave my franchise mode alone with that MUT BS

I hate that stuff so much

I'm hoping it is just the stand alone trainer mode that will earn MUT garbage.

I will calm down then lol

Sent from my iPhone 5
I took it as it's in CFM but also in the mode (outside of CFM) you can earn MUT rewards.

I think that's why the guy asked the follow up question. Then he answered about gaining XP points

Hopefully this is the case. MUT has no business in CFM
Old 07-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #107
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at M...

I think you just get MUT rewards when just playing the mode by itself and not in CFM.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Frankly if it wasn't for The Show a lot of what Madden has would be fine. Just playing a game like The Show shows where we possibly could be at with an NFL game.
I do like the improvements that Madden has made it's simply been a long time getting there. That's the main issue. We should be having discussions on "The little" things that we'd like see added by now instead of basic player interactions.

However for me, in the end, the game is still fun.

I still remember playing all the old games (Intellivsion etc..) so while the game hasn't made it to where I'd like to see it, I still have good times with it as I did back with stick man football lol
Ah, Intellivision, Atari 2600 - those were the days Glad you can enjoy the game man. At the end of the day that is ALL it is about.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 13
IMO, this has been the single most damaging thing about sports games in general, but Madden in particular. I don't understand why sports developers feel the need to "teach" anything, or cater to any other base outside of the hardcore sports gaming demographic. I would assume someone picking up a controller to play Madden or NBA 2K etc., has some sort of passing interest and understanding of the real-life sport it's trying to replicate. And if not, they'd take it upon themselves to learn the ropes of the real game in addition to the controls and nuances of the virtual world.

If I make the choice to purchase an RPG, I understand there's likely going to be a learning curve because it's not my wheelhouse, and along with that, I understand those type of games (the good ones anyway) usually won't bend over backwards to familiarize me with the mechanics of the RPG genre. What needs to happen is more Arcade style games like NFL Blitz & NBA Jam need to be made annually and/or include modes within the sim games themselves where ****** fans can have an arcade option outright. But using development time, energy & resources on helping people understand Football better is ridiculous to me...
Old 07-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #110
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
IMO, this has been the single most damaging thing about sports games in general, but Madden in particular. I don't understand why sports developers feel the need to "teach" anything, or cater to any other base outside of the hardcore sports gaming demographic. I would assume someone picking up a controller to play Madden or NBA 2K etc., has some sort of passing interest and understanding of the real-life sport it's trying to replicate. And if not, they'd take it upon themselves to learn the ropes of the real game in addition to the controls and nuances of the virtual world.

If I make the choice to purchase an RPG, I understand there's likely going to be a learning curve because it's not my wheelhouse, and along with that, I understand those type of games (the good ones anyway) usually won't bend over backwards to familiarize me with the mechanics of the RPG genre. What needs to happen is more Arcade style games like NFL Blitz & NBA Jam need to be made annually and/or include modes within the sim games themselves where ****** fans can have an arcade option outright. But using development time, energy & resources on helping people understand Football better is ridiculous to me...
I think some will read this post and misunderstand what you're saying but I think I get you. It's one thing to teach gamers the control scheme for how to play the football video game but something else entirely to teach gamers football itself. The latter should be something they're compelled to do on their own, complimented by what they're able to figure out while playing, depending on how deep the game is able to go into real football nuances.

For example if playaction passes in Madden actually worked by setting them up through running the ball, getting the defense to bite and QBs having differing styles of "selling it" through handoff/ball technique, there would be no need to teach all that to gamers. They would only need the basic control scheme understanding of how to pass the ball, everything else would be built into the program and they could look more into the deeper strategy of PA passes on their own.

It does seems like a huge task and a more difficult learning curve to take on trying to directly tutorial football in a football video game versus just having the game function that way, direct tutorial them on the control schemes and have them inherently learn about real football more along the way. It's the same thing with watching football on tv, you don't have to know a lot about it to enjoy it, just a few tidbits and then you pick up more stuff along the way.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21

The reason is that it is a 100% business decision. How are you going to get people who are not die hard football fans to buy your product? The first thing you do is acquire an exclusive license (sorry, had to throw that in there ). Secondly, you make the game simple enough that the average fraternity brother can pick up the game and throw bombs for TDs and yell and scream on his couch while pounding beers with his buddies. What you have to realize is that much of how the game is marketed is designed to make it compete with games like Call of Duty. They want EVERYONE buying their game, especially the people who are not hardcore NFL junkies. I understand this thinking from a business standpoint and it's hard to argue with it from that perspective, but there are ways to build the game so that you can cater to both kinds of customer. Tiburon, for some reason, cannot or will not implement different levels of game modes that change how the game plays. You can simultaneously make the experience as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. This is one of the reasons why we are constantly comparing games like the Show and NBA 2k to Madden. It allows the user to do this, while Madden has one setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #112
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
A game balancing issue so far off in a career franchise does break the game mode. The real fix would be to fix the CPU progression.

I wouldn't call that broken...just poor designing. You can still play every game years in from end to end. You still have the ability to go through the offseason. It's just that your team ends up better than the rest every time. Not broken. You can use any other term to describe it, but broken it is not.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »