Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #417
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

I think the Cavaliers will be pretty good pretty quick, but there will be growing pains. We saw 3 7 year veterans in Bosh, Wade and LeBron struggle with chemistry for a while...it's not out of the realm of possibility this team could struggle too...
Old 07-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #418
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

I don't think anybody is saying it's out of the realm of possibility that they struggle though, it happens all the time with new pieces all the time, especially a piece like LeBron learning to adjust to each other. The problem is the guys beating this drum like they can't do anything because the team is too young and all this other stuff.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #419
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think the Cavaliers will be pretty good pretty quick, but there will be growing pains. We saw 3 7 year veterans in Bosh, Wade and LeBron struggle with chemistry for a while...it's not out of the realm of possibility this team could struggle too...
Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure they started something like 12-13 in their first season together
Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #420
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I think that was more of a case of all 3 of them being alpha dogs on their own teams and then having to readjust their roles and play styles in big ways, especially Wade and LeBron. Both of them were ball dominant perimeter players that created basically all of their team's offense. Neither of them really knew how to play off the ball when the other one had it. With Cleveland, obviously there is no question whose team it is and I expect everyone will fall into place in their roles. The only one that will probably have to adjust the most is Kyrie becoming a little less of a primary ball-handler and more of a spot up shooter at times.

Don't get me wrong, I expect there to be growing pains with the Cavs as well, but not as bad as it was the first year with the Heat (of course they still went to the Finals though lol).

Honestly, my expectations are a run to the Eastern Conference Finals but falling short year 1. Anything less would be a disappointment and anything more would be a nice surprise.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-14-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #421
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure they started something like 12-13 in their first season together

Yep.

Going from outside of the playoffs to a possible contender over the course of one season will be quite the experience for these guys..and that's not even taking into account the pressure of the playoffs....the majority of young guys in the league have to go through that growth...KD, Rondo etc. all took their lumps before being known for performing in the playoffs...

But again, I think they'll be ok eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #422
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I was one predicting the Heat would struggle to win in year one. And while I was technically right, I still say I was wrong bc they made it to the finals... really that's all you can ask for with so many variables involved in getting that far and winning it.

But with that said, my reasoning was that Lebron was not mentally ready and that's what he showed. He deferred too much, was too worried about failing in the big moment, struggled with trying to fit in vs take over, etc. He is a very different player and man now, and he's going into a situation where there is no question what his role needs to be.

Don't get me wrong, I would be SHOCKED if they won the championship in Cleveland year one, and I point more to inexperience all around than youth (inexperience with the coach in the NBA, with the players in Blatt's system, with the roles everyone besides James and Sideshow Bob will have to take, etc.). But I expect them to have a very good season.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #423
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Cleveland wins 60+ and Lebron wins MVP. You heard it here first.
Lebron James
Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #424
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I look at the Cavs and - other than the Pacers and Bulls (pending Rose's health) - I'm not sure who I'd put above them in the East. The Raptors, Wizards, Nets and Heat are close, but I think LeBron gives the Cavs the edge over any of them.

With 82 games to figure things out, I think the Cavs will be very much in play to win the East next spring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »