Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #409
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

Reeks of Dallas and Boston. When a team wins a championship you do what you have to, to keep the team together or build upon it, don't just start letting vital pieces go. It seems to always end in disaster, which it did for both teams.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #410
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan4life
Kyrie isnt what Wade was when LBJ first joined him, but Kyrie's game will mesh better because of his ability to shoot, and we already know how solid Kyrie is at getting to the basket. Kyrie has no where but to go up, like a lot of our young guys do. Andy can defend the pick and roll very well, and his offense has improved. If we get Love, he can do what Bosh did offensively, but with better rebounding, as well as play inside. Right now, we have the talent to make at least some noise, lack of experience for the young guys are concerns. The talent is solid though and if we get Love, a trio of LBJ, Love, and Kyrie could be as good or maybe better than the trio in MIA. Wiggins is important as well, he let LBJ not have to play major minutes and can grow into his role, a lot like Leonard in San Antonio.
I highly doubt your getting Love without Wiggins involved. This will end up being a game of chicken. Kyrie has yet to finish an NBA season. He must stay healthy. Something he has not been able to do now for 3 seasons. It will be a different kind of big three.

Bosh was not asked to rebound for The Heat they way the offense ran. He was to be out on the wings and creating space for the two man game of Wade and Lebron. What made The Heat so successful (not in year 4 as much) was their insane defense. That is what I do not see the Cav's being able to do for a while. Too young still. Youth sometimes is overrated unless it is truly special youth. I think Wiggins is special, I think Kyrie has a chance at being special too.

My point is...not this year. And maybe not next year. I think the national expectations are on a sugar high right now and those will be tempered IMO over the course of the season. Of course they can blow up and be amazing. But I think Lebron is an extremely intelligent basketball player with the highest court IQ I have ever seen (since Magic) and he knows he has a long road ahead to get this team to a title shot.

Time will tell.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #411
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

People saying that Cleveland isn't a title contender are crazy IMO. They had the best record in the East when the conference was stronger with poorer support around LeBron.

I fully expect them to be a 55-60 win team next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #412
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
People saying that Cleveland isn't a title contender are crazy IMO. They had the best record in the East when the conference was stronger with poorer support around LeBron.

I fully expect them to be a 55-60 win team next year.
They might have had less talent, but they had more veterans, they had players that played together for awhile, and they built that team to try and take advantage of Lebron's strengths, they were just missing that #2 option to take some pressure off of him. This team has talent but they are young and it's going to take time for players to develop, and the team to figure out their identity.

I do think they'll be one of and possibly even the best team in the East. But I'd be really surprised if they were good enough in year 1 to have a really legit chance of beating whoever comes out of the west.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #413
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Jesus this "young" **** is going to be as unbearable as the "Return of the King" "Homecoming" angles played every game this season. At the end of the day it's basketball. Some of y'all make it sound like everybody on the team not named LeBron or Anderson will be picking up a basketball for the first time ever in life come October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #414
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Yo bro you been in the league for 4 years? Sorry lol too young dont know anything etc. I wonder if people were saying this about OKC too.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #415
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Yo bro you been in the league for 4 years? Sorry lol too young dont know anything etc. I wonder if people were saying this about OKC too.
People still give OKC this BS pass. "Durant is still improving, they're young, they'll only get better"

Cleveland is ready to contend now IMO. Could beat any team not named SA at the moment I feel like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #416
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
People still give OKC this BS pass. "Durant is still improving, they're young, they'll only get better"

Cleveland is ready to contend now IMO. Could beat any team not named SA at the moment I feel like.

Honestly this team might be better equipped to beat San Antonio than Miami was. They have youth and quickness, more traditional big men, players who can rebound, likely players that can consistently defend Manu, Green, etc..

I think it could be a better matchup, but other teams might be more problematic. Getting out of the East will be a bigger challenge IMO, Chicago and Indy will be tough for this group. I think the Clippers would be a big problem, Warriors and Rockets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »