Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #481
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Improved free agency/trade logic in myGM, making myCareer less scripted.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #482
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bring back the mascots, cheerleaders and the sideline photographers.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #483
Rookie

DMTS's Arena

If it's not too late to make a suggestion, can we have the option to set accessories in mycareer for home and away? Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 AM   #484
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

NBA 2K15 MyGM Wishlist

1)Introduction- When we first get hired we should meet with the owners as is but afterwards have a 10-15 question press conference with the media. Questions should be based on expectations for this season and future seasons as well as the team. For example, Larry Bird's press conference for the Pacers that was aired on ESPN a month ago. He answered questions about trades, goals, etc.

2)Collective Bargaining Agreement- 2K should include every aspect of the CBA to every little detail while also giving us the ability to edit the cap figures. I want to see stuff like the owners telling their GM that to make moves to get them out of the luxury tax or reduce the damage of it, like the HEAT amnestying Mike Miller or the Bulls nearly trading Rip Hamilton during the 2012/13 season. Give the users the option to reset the amnesty clauses for all teams or give them to the teams that haven't used them already and only be able to use them on the players that are correctly eligible. I wnat to see teams use bird rights more than just on free agents, like how the Cavaliers tried to do a sign-and-trade with Wally Sczerbiak(without renouncing his rights) in a package deal for Amare Stoudemire in 2010. I want to see early termination options, non-guaranteed/guaranteed contracts, buyouts, stretch provisions, bird rights, cap holds, TPEs, and every rule that comes to mind on trading draft picks. Official 2014-15 Cap Figures:

*Salary Cap: $63,065,000

*Luxury tax: $76,829,000

*Apron: $80,829,000

*Regular MLE: $5,305,000

*Taxpayer MLE: $3,278,000

3)During the season- When the season starts, there should be a handful of GMs that are active but when December 15th hits when all free agents signed in the offseason become eligible in trades then most GMs should be active in calls based on what the teams are willing to do. But if a star/superstar players aren't happy with the roster right now then there should be meetings between the player and his agent and management on the state of the franchise. For example, if I were the GM of the Lakers, I would go sit in on a practice then pull Kobe out to ask him about which free agents to go after in the 2015 offseason, such as Rondo, Love, Aldridge. That's what GMs should do when/if in a postion like that. Another example would be during the 2009/10 season, I'd ask Wade about possibly acquiring Amar'e Stoudemire from the Suns and how would he feel about it if not then I'd tell him we're aiming for BIG free agents this offseason. Chemistry should affect the team's record such as the 2012/13 Lakers or the HEAT when they were 9-8. D-League teams should be in so teams could send their young talent develop and player progression needs to be fixed. We need Euroleague in to When major injuries hit players, such as torn ACLs and other career defining injuries hit players then some ratings should decrease but not a lot but the player would have to work extremely hard to get back to normal. We should see some more star/superstar players demanding trades if their teams don't get better, guys like Kevin Love or Melo. If a team is on a "firesale" then all GMs should get e-mails and phone calls. When players are on the block, GMs just send their initial offers in and over time they can be adjusted instead of sending an offer and that's it. When you acquire star/superstar players, they shouldn't be able to play in the next game depending on the date of the next one. They should be introduced to the press and have interviews and take pictures. Around the trade deadline is when the league should be in a frenzy with phone calls and e-mails. I want to see teams change the direction of their teams, hitting the rebuild button or taking a step further to become contenders. We shouldn't see people on contenders milking rebuilding teams for their 1st round picks, that's way unrealistic. When teams trade bad contracts, their should be incentives for the other team that's taking that on. We should see rebuilding teams trading veterans for assets and contenders trying to get better. I want to be able to make a 30-team trade, I just want trading to be more open. I don't want to see guys making other GMs trade with them using the trade influence, use that to influence the other GM that you're trying to trade with sway toward your offer not accept whatever you throw at them using jedi-mind tricks. Commentators should discuss the award races, trade rumors, etc. during games. I also want to see all staff on the bench and have the inactive players that sit out in suits, all players that are injured needs to be in suits like in 2K11. During the Playoffs, season awards should be presented to players twice, in press conference and before a game.

4)Offseason- The NBA Draft Lottery shouldn't be after the Playoffs but during it. I absolutely hate seeing coaches fired every year for no apparent reason, we should see coaches getting extensions too. We should be able to trade for coaches as well, like the Doc Rivers, Jason Kidd, or Pat Riley situations. We need A LOT more real coaches in the coaching pool and me need to see assistant coaches getting promoted to head coaches before all these created coaches get jobs. It'd be great if we seen guys like Phil Jackson running the show in New York. Around the NBA Draft, things around the league need to be even more rapid. I want to see the team's front office in an actual Draft room, trying to make things happen. After the NBA Draft, we should still be able to do trades to clear up cap space, you know "have trades in place" if need be for free agency. Around the Draft, we should see upcoming free agent's interest level in all 30 teams and we should a bar where it shows GMs how much a player fits into the team's system. Sometimes, GMs sign guys that don't fit but have great coaches like Pop to make them fit but it also could destroy a team as well. Free agency should be a long process, we should have to schedule meetings with free agents and come up with our own pitch to that free agent. GMs should be able to negotiate players into taking paycuts to better the roster. Free agency should be a long process and some guys that are worth the minimum are getting $2 million when they should get unguaranteed, vet minimum, or training camp invite type deals. If a free agent decides that he doesn't want none of those, then they should have the option of signing overseas if they want. During that period, summer league should start and teams should be signing guys that impressed them with their play. I also should be able to tell a player to lose weight for the better in the offseason, see Dexter Pittman for an example.

5)Others- Basically, I want everything that possibly goes on in the NBA into the game. Anyways, we should have some little things that make this mode more enjoyable. What comes to mind? For me, it's taking pictures from the games you've played and making an article out of them while also being able to use fake tweets.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 AM   #485
Rookie

OVR: 8

Please just bring back saving to the HD. It sucks when my internet is having problems so I basically can't do anything with the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #486
Pro

ecovyoudug's Arena

OVR: 3

The Mode I care about the most is MyGM! They need to revamp this thing, it's not a bad start, but I expect it to be damn near flawless the second time around.

- Why can't 2K get the CPU trading logic right or give us the option to turn them off like in the past. This has been an ongoing issue every single year. Knock it off guys!

- The same with the draft logic, teams are making horrible picks. I want to see the Draft actually helping people out not draft a top player they're not even going to use because they already have a superstar at that position. Lets just get the AI smarter in Game Modes period!

- Coaches get upset and hurt over every little thing. Sometimes I don't have the money to buy all these things, don't go cry about it though coach!

- Fix the contract issues going into MyGM, and also make the AI smart about choosing which team is best for the Free Agent.

- Make sim more realistic, I see too many teams that aren't supposed to be that good doing very great and teams that are supposed to be doing great do horrible.

- Please turn down injuries! I always turn mine off but sometimes it's cool to have an injury here or there but not when it's every other day and the injury is mind blowing.

I'm sure there's other things I'd like fixed or taken out, but for now Ill leave it with this lol.
- Philadephia 76ers
- Los Angeles Rams
Old 07-15-2014, 06:01 AM   #487
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1

Didn't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not:

Please allow us MyCareer players the ability to edit/change our jersey numbers. Picking the team jersey before each game would be a bonus too!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #488
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecovyoudug

- Why can't 2K get the CPU trading logic right or give us the option to turn them off like in the past. This has been an ongoing issue every single year. Knock it off guys!

- The same with the draft logic, teams are making horrible picks. I want to see the Draft actually helping people out not draft a top player they're not even going to use because they already have a superstar at that position. Lets just get the AI smarter in Game Modes period!
These two are really big, not only in MyGM, but also in MyCareer. The trade logic is definitely broken. It would be nice to have a commissioner option to veto a trade if it's unbalanced. It's not the same as 30 team control, but at the very least it would prevent unrealistic trades from happening.

I would also like to see pre-draft trades happen for teams to move up in the draft. If the top prospect is a PG, but the first overall pick is going to the Cavs, for example, we should see them try to sell that pick for some good veterans or future picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »