Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 07-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #401
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

For the Cavs, when we signed him (Cavs). He came in after the lockout 40lbs overweight, and addicted to Cocaine. Not the Sonics Kemp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #402
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
do you not realize the bucks have parker AND giannis? cmon son the future is bright
Man I just love Giannis lol. I know he's hyped a lot but I'm on that bandwagon.

Kid can ball
Old 07-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #403
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
Man I just love Giannis lol. I know he's hyped a lot but I'm on that bandwagon.

Kid can ball
GREEK FREAK! He's the starting small forward on my All-MFP (my favorite players) team.

PG: John Wall
SG: Nick Young (SWAGGY P)
SF: Antetokounmpo (proud to say I can type that without googling it lol)
PF: Mason Plumlee (PLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!!!!)
C: DeMarcus Cousins (to quote Jalen Rose, "If you don't like Boogie, we don't like you."
6th Man: Kent Bazemore

Last edited by BraedenG33; 07-13-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #404
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

G: Norris Cole
G: Brandon Jennings
F: Iman Shumpert
F: Swaggy P
C: Nerlens Noel

Shoutout to all the brothas rocking the high top.
Lebron James
Old 07-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #405
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
G: Norris Cole

G: Brandon Jennings

F: Iman Shumpert

F: Swaggy P

C: Nerlens Noel

Shoutout to all the brothas rocking the high top.

They ain't got **** on you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #406
Rookie

Maybe those guys at 2k knew something we didn't with their Path to Greatness mode on ps3/xbox 360.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #407
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
im not really sure he lost it. i just dont think he had anywhere near the same kill/domination mentaility in miami like cleveland. he had other options in wade/bosh where as in cleveland, he was dominating games or they got the loss
And now he will have to do that again. Make no mistake. This is not about titles (plural) anymore for Lebron. He has made a huge pivot about his "Legacy". If he can deliver just one title to the city of Cleveland he will forever be a legend there.

Forever.

But he has a huge task on his hands. He knows it himself:

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

So for the last time as die hard life long Heat fan...Good luck Lebron. We loved you while your wore our jersey, we love you for the 2 titles you were so critical in helping bring our team...but now your not here and we want nothing more than to beat you. Good luck in Cleveland, I am glad your able to "go home" and I respect that decision. It was a man's decision. Your family always comes first. It takes a man to walk away from 4 straight title appearances to try and go home and just bring one to his hometown.

As a long time observer of the NBA he has a huge challenge here. It is all hopes and dreams right now. No proven battle tested players. That includes Kyrie Irving, and that includes a Kevin Love (can he really defend?) if they are able to land him. Wiggins looks like he can be special, but we all know how rookies can either be boom or bust. It happens so often. He will never, ever have another wing man like he did with Wade those last 4 years. And a big like Bosh who created that space and defended the pick and roll like a stud.

Ever.

The only thing that is really a let down for us Heat fans is we always knew Lebron was not going to retire here. We knew that from day one. But we always thought we would enjoy his game for 5-6 years easy. This was a little abrupt. And to leave after we went down 4-1.....feels kinda small and kinda like I quit and don't believe in my teammates anymore. It just does. I know he flat out denies that in his fantastic letter. But just saying...

But again. If he really wants to "go home" it is what it is.

Good luck (well not really).
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #408
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
And now he will have to do that again. Make no mistake. This is not about titles (plural) anymore for Lebron. He has made a huge pivot about his "Legacy". If he can deliver just one title to the city of Cleveland he will forever be a legend there.

Forever.

But he has a huge task on his hands. He knows it himself:

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

So for the last time as die hard life long Heat fan...Good luck Lebron. We loved you while your wore our jersey, we love you for the 2 titles you were so critical in helping bring our team...but now your not here and we want nothing more than to beat you. Good luck in Cleveland, I am glad your able to "go home" and I respect that decision. It was a man's decision. Your family always comes first. It takes a man to walk away from 4 straight title appearances to try and go home and just bring one to his hometown.

As a long time observer of the NBA he has a huge challenge here. It is all hopes and dreams right now. No proven battle tested players. That includes Kyrie Irving, and that includes a Kevin Love (can he really defend?) if they are able to land him. Wiggins looks like he can be special, but we all know how rookies can either be boom or bust. It happens so often. He will never, ever have another wing man like he did with Wade those last 4 years. And a big like Bosh who created that space and defended the pick and roll like a stud.

Ever.

The only thing that is really a let down for us Heat fans is we always knew Lebron was not going to retire here. We knew that from day one. But we always thought we would enjoy his game for 5-6 years easy. This was a little abrupt. And to leave after we went down 4-1.....feels kinda small and kinda like I quit and don't believe in my teammates anymore. It just does. I know he flat out denies that in his fantastic letter. But just saying...

But again. If he really wants to "go home" it is what it is.

Good luck (well not really).
Kyrie isnt what Wade was when LBJ first joined him, but Kyrie's game will mesh better because of his ability to shoot, and we already know how solid Kyrie is at getting to the basket. Kyrie has no where but to go up, like a lot of our young guys do. Andy can defend the pick and roll very well, and his offense has improved. If we get Love, he can do what Bosh did offensively, but with better rebounding, as well as play inside. Right now, we have the talent to make at least some noise, lack of experience for the young guys are concerns. The talent is solid though and if we get Love, a trio of LBJ, Love, and Kyrie could be as good or maybe better than the trio in MIA. Wiggins is important as well, he let LBJ not have to play major minutes and can grow into his role, a lot like Leonard in San Antonio.

Last edited by Cavsfan4life; 07-14-2014 at 12:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »