Home

Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You're right, different strokes. I prefer realism (more realistic control) over things that are arcade and unrealistic. I prefer to have to hire a mix of coaches with a mix of attributes, draft the right players, and setup a practice schedule (both individual and team drills) and have players progress the way football players progress in real life. I don't like my teams progression based on me deciding who runs through drills to force progression on just certain players and force how much progression. A more realistic progression makes me feel immersed in the game (like I do in The Show and NBA2K) the other just constantly makes me feel like I'm sticking a quarter into a machine.

I'm very glad for you if you end up with what you want. I understand why you would want it and I would be upset if it were taken away from you. But I also want an option for something much more realistic.
We don't know the extent to how this plays into cfm. For all we know it could be implemented just like how the drills are in NBA 2k.

I want all those the coaching options you mentioned above as well. I'm just saying honing your skills in specific areas through concentrated drills is a more fun way to do "practice mode" in between games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #82
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Remember when we had paper guides that came in the cases?
Those were the days, weren't they? Getting a Novel on how the game worked with my brand new game, man I really like that as something I could read when not playing a game I really enjoyed.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #83
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
We don't know the extent to how this plays into cfm. For all we know it could be implemented just like how the drills are in NBA 2k.
The one thing we know about CFM right now is that the drills from the Skills Trainer replace the contrived practice scenarios with respect to player progression via practice. That's already been stated by the developers outright and was revealed at E3 and in the media released last week on Skills Trainer + Gauntlet.

From the GameInformer.com piece published Friday:

Quote:
Skills Trainer minigames will also appear in your weekly game prep in career mode where you can assign players to drills to earn XP.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #84
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Polygon: Madden 15 wants to teach you about football

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
These games will never be perfect
We are not looking for perfection. We're looking for excellence. It's achievable. It has been achieved. It's time for football gaming to get there again...or for EA to just simply finally get there.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The one thing we know about CFM right now is that the drills from the Skills Trainer replace the contrived practice scenarios with respect to player progression via practice. That's already been stated by the developers outright and was revealed at E3 and in the media released last week on Skills Trainer + Gauntlet.

From the GameInformer.com piece published Friday:
Personally I think it'll be a nightmare if they don't have at least on skills option for across the board roster progression with a drill like keep the lead from the 25 practice mode for example. If you have to complete drills for each individual player or position it'll be so time consuming especially in a league where some guys have limited time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 3

Cool idea. The gameplay won't represent anything they're trying to teach really well, though..

Title should say:

Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Maddenball, Get Better at Madden.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #87
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Personally I think it'll be a nightmare if they don't have at least on skills option for across the board roster progression with a drill like keep the lead from the 25 practice mode for example. If you have to complete drills for each individual player or position it'll be so time consuming especially in a league where some guys have limited time.
I don't think it's going to be so much like that as much as you have to pick and choose who to improve in a given week. I.e. either A - you get one QB drill, one RB drill, one WR drill, etc. (i.e. mini-camp in Madden 2004); or B - you get X number of player drill slots to use a week (IIRC this is how the 2K basketball games handle individual player drills).

I doubt you'll see a situation where you have to run 53 player drills a week. Could be wrong, but I'm with you that that would be very time-consuming and overdoing it.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't think it's going to be so much like that as much as you have to pick and choose who to improve in a given week. I.e. either A - you get one QB drill, one RB drill, one WR drill, etc. (i.e. mini-camp in Madden 2004); or B - you get X number of player drill slots to use a week (IIRC this is how the 2K basketball games handle individual player drills).

I doubt you'll see a situation where you have to run 53 player drills a week. Could be wrong, but I'm with you that that would be very time-consuming and overdoing it.
Doesn't every player in the NFL try to improve? Don't coaches try and improve all players on the team every week?

I guess I'll just have to wait til their CFM blog comes out and see if they have a mechanism for realistic progression for all players and maybe this is just a way to boost certain players at each position through these drills. Seems to me like having that extra bonus progression through drills would end up killing progression balance with the other CPU teams. That's if Madden starts off with balanced progression between user and CPU teams. They haven't been the best at that either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »