Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 07-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #385
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Yeah, signing a two year deal with the option to opt out after one, I have a feeling this will be short-lived.

They're not ready this year, and who knows about next year. After that, he may leave again.

But, unlike some, I won't be burning jerseys, sobbing, etc. It happens.

All I can hope for is one----ONE----trophy. I'm not greedy, lol. I wasn't born the last time any Cleveland team won any sort of championship. I'm 46 now; suffered thru Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, Jose Mesa, The Shot, The Sweep, The Decision, etc.

I think I've suffered enough. (No offence to Cubs fans..)
You forgot "The Blob" with Shawn Kemp

I was ecstatic when we signed Kemp, only to have dude come in and be an insanely larger shell of himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #386
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
Bitter Heat fan? More like realistic.

The people saying there's no way LeBron would leave are the same people who said the same thing in 2010.

In 2010 he got up there and said he wanted to win 8 titles, he didn't have that opportunity because he only stayed for 4 years. This time he says he's coming home and committed long term..if 8 years isn't long term idk what is.

tl;dr Never say never
I just don't think that the letter and "not 1, not 2" is comparable because one was done in the heat of the moment while the other had obviously been worked on for weeks. Again, never say never, but I think the chances of him leaving the Cavs now are far less likely than the chances of him leaving the heat in 2010.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #387
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Pretty sure it's been stated that the reason for only a 2 year contract is that a new tv deal in 2 years is going to raise the NBA revenue= higher max deals. That's when he'll sign a long term deal.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #388
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

if lebron leaves he will be the most hated and unrespected person in sports probably. hes not down for that.. you dont move home, write a latter about how you want to raise your kids in your home town, and then pack up and leave within 2 years.

his contract is not about an escape plan out of cleveland..its about leaving open FA options to bring in next year and to get more money after the TV deal..
Old 07-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #389
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Again, the reason that I've heard on the opt out after 1 season is for "Business reasons". And what I'm able to get, is that it's just in case Love isn't traded here, he has the ability to opt out for another 1 year contract, sign for a lower rate, get Love onboard for a long contract, and when they negotiate the tv deal, Bron can sign for true max money, a long term contract. If they manage Love this year, and they still need a piece or two, Lebron can opt out and help bring in another talent. He wants rings in Cleveland, he wants to stay in Cleveland, or that's what I'm being fed. Who knows how true, but seems legit.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #390
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't even want to imagine the reaction/backlash he'd get if he left again. That'd be unbelievable.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 07-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #391
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You forgot "The Blob" with Shawn Kemp

I was ecstatic when we signed Kemp, only to have dude come in and be an insanely larger shell of himself.

Was Kemp really that bad? I thought his first year or two there was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #392
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
I just don't think that the letter and "not 1, not 2" is comparable because one was done in the heat of the moment while the other had obviously been worked on for weeks. Again, never say never, but I think the chances of him leaving the Cavs now are far less likely than the chances of him leaving the heat in 2010.
But the Big Three had been brewing for 2 years, they were thinking Dynasty then. The circumstances are completely different this time but I still wouldn't close that door completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
if lebron leaves he will be the most hated and unrespected person in sports probably. hes not down for that.. you dont move home, write a latter about how you want to raise your kids in your home town, and then pack up and leave within 2 years.

his contract is not about an escape plan out of cleveland..its about leaving open FA options to bring in next year and to get more money after the TV deal..
He was already the most hated and disrespected person for 2010.

If we beat San Antonio does any of this happen? Threepeat with a chance for 4, I think he stays and that letter never comes about. Circumstances can change at anytime is all I'm saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »