Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 07-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #377
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

LeBron deal is because the new TV contract starts right when his contract is up. He (along with a lot of agents) believe we are going to see a significant spike in revenue from the new TV deal as well as a spike in the salary cap as well as max which means he can finally get that big payday.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #378
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Mike Brown was the biggest non medical issue with Bennett last year. I know several guys who are "in" with the Cavalier staff, and apparently he was pretty detrimental to his self esteem. He was dealing with a variety of issues, and although I don't understand why the Cavs picked him at 1, with the issues documented, he is still a much better player than what he was able to show last year. See the first summer league game. He looked MUCH improved, albeit winded from not being in game shape. He dropped 15lbs this offseason. Having his tonsils & adenoids out, has apparently improved his sleeping, and his asthma is not as big of an issue now.

The kid can play the game. It's not his fault he was picked 1st. Metrics said to pick him, so the Cavs picked him. His interviews helped him in that regard. I feel like we'll have a better indication after this year, as to how things shape up with him. I'm looking forward to tonight, when we take on the Spurs, to see how he looks in his 2nd game.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #379
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Hey man you were supposed to go along with the whole he's the enemy/Dan Gilbert rage story. We're supposed to be pissed! Aint no crying over here!

lol anyway as for LeBron leaving again(lol), I think he was genuine in that he wants to come home and win a title for Cleveland and if it takes a couple years then so be it. Plus I think Cleveland isn't messing it up this time, they'll do whatever it takes to keep him. They're already trying to get Love.
It's a feel good story. I'm going home.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #380
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Mike Brown was the biggest non medical issue with Bennett last year. I know several guys who are "in" with the Cavalier staff, and apparently he was pretty detrimental to his self esteem. He was dealing with a variety of issues, and although I don't understand why the Cavs picked him at 1, with the issues documented, he is still a much better player than what he was able to show last year. See the first summer league game. He looked MUCH improved, albeit winded from not being in game shape. He dropped 15lbs this offseason. Having his tonsils & adenoids out, has apparently improved his sleeping, and his asthma is not as big of an issue now.

The kid can play the game. It's not his fault he was picked 1st. Metrics said to pick him, so the Cavs picked him. His interviews helped him in that regard. I feel like we'll have a better indication after this year, as to how things shape up with him. I'm looking forward to tonight, when we take on the Spurs, to see how he looks in his 2nd game.
Also in February Bennett had three or four games where he looked like he was ready to break out, but each time after those games he didn't play in the next one. It was terrible to watch. Mike brown is the worst coach to ever be in the nba.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #381
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
you sound like a bitter heat fan honestly.
Bitter Heat fan? More like realistic.

The people saying there's no way LeBron would leave are the same people who said the same thing in 2010.

In 2010 he got up there and said he wanted to win 8 titles, he didn't have that opportunity because he only stayed for 4 years. This time he says he's coming home and committed long term..if 8 years isn't long term idk what is.

tl;dr Never say never
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #382
Banned

OVR: 24

Yeah, signing a two year deal with the option to opt out after one, I have a feeling this will be short-lived.

They're not ready this year, and who knows about next year. After that, he may leave again.

But, unlike some, I won't be burning jerseys, sobbing, etc. It happens.

All I can hope for is one----ONE----trophy. I'm not greedy, lol. I wasn't born the last time any Cleveland team won any sort of championship. I'm 46 now; suffered thru Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, Jose Mesa, The Shot, The Sweep, The Decision, etc.

I think I've suffered enough. (No offence to Cubs fans..)

Last edited by Segagendude; 07-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #383
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Pretty insane highlights. You can tell he's lost some explosiveness.

5'26 : Insane

He just had so much speed, he literally could grab the ball under the rim and then beat all 9 guys up the court with the ball in his hands and having to weave around them. When he was younger, I have never saw anyone even close to his size be that fast with the basketball. He was ridiculous.

Also - around the 2:40-2:50 mark, I can't remember the exact time. He does a little left handed hanging lay-up. That's my signature move lol. Come towards the middle of the lane from the left side, so the shot blocker believes you're going to shoot a right handed lay-up. Then jump as if in going to take the right handed lay-up, then hang and finish to the left of the rim.

Nothin I stole from LeBron, just the move I've been doing for years. Ever since I got to the point where I could jump high and hang a little.. It was just cool seeing one of my favorite players doing it almost identical to how I do it. Though I'm sure he and others do it all the time, just never paid attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #384
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
Bitter Heat fan? More like realistic.

The people saying there's no way LeBron would leave are the same people who said the same thing in 2010.

tl;dr Never say never
That's all I'm saying. Lebron has wisely left his options open. A lot can change in a year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »