Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #369
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Eh, I've never liked the guy. He could do whatever he wants and I still wouldn't be a fan.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #370
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

I know there are numerous reasons why the short deal LBJ is signing makes sense, BUT if I'm a fan in the most cursed sports city in America I would feel a lot better to have Lebron locked up as long as possible.

If the last two "decisions" have taught us anything is that things can change in a hurry for this guy. Both times he has made choices that would have seemed inconceivable just a couple of months before they occurred.

So let's have some fun:

What if the Cavs can't land Kevin Love?

What if Kyrie and Varejao continue to be porcelain dolls and miss large chunks of the season?

What if Anthony Bennett really is terrible at basketball?

What if Andrew Wiggins struggles as most 19 year old rookies do?

What if LBJ is back to carrying the entire load in Cleveland and gets bounced in the 2nd round by a Chicago or Indiana team that knows how to slow him down?

What if Derek Fisher can coach and the Knicks are a pleasant surprise with a ton of cap room next year?

That's a lot of "what if's" , but it could happen. And if it does and LBJ sees Phil Jackson's name on his phone next summer you think he's not taking that call?
Old 07-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #371
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Before anyone ever cared who I would choose to support in basketball, I was a kid from Central Kentucky. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with this region is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was watching Lebron sit up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time supporting. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Indiana, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better supporter and a better fan. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted my team to go. I will always think of Indiana as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Indiana because of z Revis and HealyMonster. We made sacrifices to keep dunnyduns. I loved becoming a big bro to AuburnAlumni . I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with you guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Larry Bird and Frank Vogel for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He didn't like Lance Stephenson. … He didn't appreciate the stripper baby mama drama. … Hibbert couldn’t put his girl and PG together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, But Indiana couldn't give me that. Our team hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to watch the Cavs win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing more support back so the Cavs can bring one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have a little boy, a little girl and my wife. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown, Pacer fans. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Indiana for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and a new projector. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? Do I want my son to grow up watching the Pacers? We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising that the Cavs will win a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be just like an old fan. But I get a thrill out of watching a group come together and cheering them on to reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a stable fan now and I’m excited to cheer for some of these talented young guys. I think I can help ridicule Kyrie Irving until he becomes one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help chastise Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite my love of side show bob, Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite players.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to support, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Indiana, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Central Kentucky, like the ones down the street in the cul de sac, to realize that there’s no better team to cheer on. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business, and help build a local Cavalier fanbase. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much cheering for the Bengals, Reds... well it needs all the talent it can get.

In Central Kentucky, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #372
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL

lol his return to cleveland has nothing to do with kevin

What if Kyrie and Varejao continue to be porcelain dolls and miss large chunks of the season?
no worse than d-wade

well hes not, watch him before you make horrible statements like this

lebron already said he doesnt expect them to win right away..

What if LBJ is back to carrying the entire load in Cleveland and gets bounced in the 2nd round by a Chicago or Indiana team that knows how to slow him down?
what if indy is still a chemistry nightmare, and rose stays hurt?

What if Derek Fisher can coach and the Knicks are a pleasant surprise with a ton of cap room next year?
lebrons not leaving his hometown to go to NY...besides thats KD's money!
you sound like a bitter heat fan honestly.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #373
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Hey man you were supposed to go along with the whole he's the enemy/Dan Gilbert rage story. We're supposed to be pissed! Aint no crying over here!

lol anyway as for LeBron leaving again(lol), I think he was genuine in that he wants to come home and win a title for Cleveland and if it takes a couple years then so be it. Plus I think Cleveland isn't messing it up this time, they'll do whatever it takes to keep him. They're already trying to get Love.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 07-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #374
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
I know there are numerous reasons why the short deal LBJ is signing makes sense, BUT if I'm a fan in the most cursed sports city in America I would feel a lot better to have Lebron locked up as long as possible.

If the last two "decisions" have taught us anything is that things can change in a hurry for this guy. Both times he has made choices that would have seemed inconceivable just a couple of months before they occurred.

So let's have some fun:

That's a lot of "what if's" , but it could happen. And if it does and LBJ sees Phil Jackson's name on his phone next summer you think he's not taking that call?
Eh I'll be shocked if he leaves. I think it just give him the right amount of power he needs and it puts the Cavs organization on notice to get their act together. Cleveland shouldn't worry. The guy who wrote that essay wouldn't bounce unless Gilbert does something crazy like hire Mike Brown as assistant GM.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #375
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I believe the reason for the opt out next year is the fact that, IF they don't get Love this year, due to Flip's arrogance holding out that he's "owed" something, even though he's going to left empty handed, Lebron can potentially opt out next season, re-sign at a lesser amount next season, and have the flexibility to bring Love in straight out. I think Windy was on talking about it and his thoughts were similar.

He said in an article it was a business decision. I'm assuming that's what the early out is for. I think Flip is going to realize that if he doesn't take the offer of picks + Tristan/Waiters, then he's going to end up empty handed next summer. He doesn't hold the chips in this deal. Or at least that's my thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #376
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
well hes not, watch him before you make horrible statements like this
1. You should understand the difference between a question and a "horrible statement".

2. I did try to watch him last year. But the majority of the time he was sitting on the bench on a mediocre Cavs team. But I was impressed by his 36% shooting.

Bennett may turn out to be a Hall of Famer for all I know. But at this point in his 52 regular season NBA games he has been terrible. Now that is a statement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »