Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #153
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Not really. Say there are four football fans that could potentially buy Madden. 3 say the game isn't good or want other options and choose not to buy. The other not only buys the game but spends another 200 on MUT during the season.

We have a situation where 75% percent of football fans are unhappy with the game or lack of choices but Maddens overall revenue is exactly the same.

Overall revenue is not an indicator of overall popularity.
And on the flip side of that KJ, you could also say 75% of video game fans are happy with the game.

Just saying.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #154
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess I'm different than most in that I dont like that much control. If I choose power, I dont mind having the AI decide wither its a bull or a rip rush. I just want the best power move based on the scenario.
I am like you in this regard. I know that there are people who want to have total control of their players though, I wonder if EA can provide options for this at some point, like a "normal control scheme" vs "advanced control scheme" or something like that.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #155
Pro

OVR: 10

Looks OK, but it's just so sad and such a let down to see the same one on one tackle animations we've seen for 10 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #156
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess I'm different than most in that I dont like that much control. If I choose power, I dont mind having the AI decide wither its a bull or a rip rush. I just want the best power move based on the scenario.
Funny. I see those particular moves as trying to accomplish 2 different things and would want separate controls.

Definitely not knocking it though.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #157
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The people spending hundreds of dollars on micro transactions are speaking with their wallets about their approval for the game. That argument - giving EA money implies gamer happiness with game - by definition must cut both ways.
That's not necessarily true. Decreasing sales ( eventually ) means less micro transactions. Increased sales mean more money from sales and more micro transactions. Madden used to sell 8-9 million copies a year. Now they're selling 4-5 million copies a year. Two years from now, maybe they're topping out between 3-4 million. Eventually, MUT won't be able to make up for that, and since MUT brings in so much revenue, that also may light a fire under EA's butt. More sales equals more potential microtransactions.

Last edited by Greenblood60; 07-10-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #158
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
That's not necessarily true. Decreasing sales ( eventually ) means less micro transactions. Increased sales mean more money from sales and more micro transactions. Madden used to sell 8-9 million copies a year. Now they're selling 4-5 million copies a year. Two years from now, maybe they're topping out between 3-4 million. Eventually, MUT won't be able to make up for that, and since MUT brings in so much revenue, that also may light a fire under EA's butt. More sales equals more potential microtransactions.
That's what if's on top of speculation on top of what if's though. We don't have any data to make any of these judgements, determine actual sales, break even, profitability, etc - positively or negatively about the sales. Just week 1 numbers.

Part of the pointlessness of even bringing it up outside of sourced reports, earnings data and NPD speculation.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #159
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Take it a step further. Could you imagine a full NFL league where each player is someone online?

Get 32 "player-owners" who can sign you to their team? Online free agency where the best players get the best contracts (for bragging purposes, probably). Hell, there are Madden tournaments for real money now. Turn it into the Madden Football League, games are played certain days of the week.... my mind just keeps going

Now that's the future.
NHL 14 on the Xbox 360/PS3 actually already has something similar to this in its GM Connected mode.

It's structured like a normal online franchise mode (manage salaries, drafts, minor league prospects, free agents, etc.), except that when you actually play your season games, all 12 of the players on the ice can be user controlled.

So say for example, we had 6 Pittsburgh Penguins fans from OS, they could all play together on the same Penguins team, in a full league against other 6-man teams.

I just hope that they don't dumb down that mode any for the PS4/Xbox One release of NHL 15.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-10-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #160
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
...And I hate that there are just 2 buttons, finesse & power. How do I spin vs swim, rip vs bull rush, etc?
I am going to take a venture and say the right stick still has usability in the pass rush game, like the playmaker feature for QB's that still exists but is no longer promoted in the manual.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »