Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #145
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its contextual.
I get that. I guess I'm wondering how that compares to what I'd be trying to accomplish. But if everything is based on engaging 1st, it probably doesn't matter much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #146
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I get that. I guess I'm wondering how that compares to what I'd be trying to accomplish. But if everything is based on engaging 1st, it probably doesn't matter much.

I guess I'm different than most in that I dont like that much control. If I choose power, I dont mind having the AI decide wither its a bull or a rip rush. I just want the best power move based on the scenario.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #147
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
That is a really misleading link. One, it only takes into account first week sales. Two, it doesnt take into account the next gen sales because its from September. Three, total Madden sales dropped but not by 40%. They dropped from 5 mil to 4 mil.
Well...that's still 20%, and EA can't happy about that. Madden used to sell 8-9 mil a year. They used to sell 5 mil on PS2 alone. Now they need two consoles to sell that much.

Last edited by Greenblood60; 07-10-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #148
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Because sales are the best to tell if people are legitimately unhappy with the game. Hardcore madden fans can spend hundreds on MUT. That will keep madden profitable but not tell us how many people are speaking with their wallets.
The people spending hundreds of dollars on micro transactions are speaking with their wallets about their approval for the game. That argument - giving EA money implies gamer happiness with game - by definition must cut both ways.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #149
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
For this iteration of it I'll take 1-2 buttons over something like the UFC controls . Really though, things like the transition and prevent-transition controls could work well, but this interaction is so quick at full speed (so quick that I question how useful the 'defender cone' is. I wonder how all of this looks in slower game speeds actually.
Yeah, I wouldn't want anything as complex as that. I'm thinking modifyers. Finesse/power buttons modified by triggers/bumpers.

But something they could probably do now, and what I think when they say contextual, is have the either button deliver one set of moves if you press before you engage, and another if you press it while engaged.

I can see me being frustrated if I got a rip attempt when I wanted to bull rush, for example.

Quote:
Longer term, hope to see it evolve into things like the CPU starting to double team successful defenders, offensive line controls to mitigate the new defensive abilities, etc.
Yup! Until then, I wonder how they're handling the success rate of the best rushers, especially against weaker blockers.

Quote:
As you or someone else said, actually more excited for stuff like steering the OL to set edges and stuff.
I've called it engaged player mobility for years. This is huge. I really hope non-user controlled players use it. THIS is something that could really improve the running game & run defense. Real cut back runs? Setting the edge?

I wish someone would ask Clint more specific questions. Will AI defenders use this particular "move" regularly? How does it effect the running game, especially outside runs?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #150
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
The thought process is that if the sales continue to drop, EA will look at that as a sign that it needs to make significant changes in the game and possible make it more sim. That is ridiculous though.
And give up exclusivity.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #151
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The people spending hundreds of dollars on micro transactions are speaking with their wallets about their approval for the game. That argument - giving EA money implies gamer happiness with game - by definition must cut both ways.
Not really. Say there are four football fans that could potentially buy Madden. 3 say the game isn't good or want other options and choose not to buy. The other not only buys the game but spends another 200 on MUT during the season.

We have a situation where 75% percent of football fans are unhappy with the game or lack of choices but Maddens overall revenue is exactly the same.

Overall revenue is not an indicator of overall popularity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #152
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me this game will be truly next gen when they gut all of the last gen and legacy animations out and replace them with new stuff. When Madden 2001 for PS2 dropped there was nothing on field that resembled PS1. I need that feeling back.

That's because Madden for the PSX/N64/Saturn gen were monumentally BAD. Crap they were still using 3D "sprites" in Madden 2000...and the gameplay ridiculously slow, ballcarriers would fall by hardly being touched, and the sound was pathetic. Don't know how the hell the franchise even survived through that gen with great games like 2K, Gameday, and even lesser ones like Quarterback's Club...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »