Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Need to see how this plays/feels/impacts the game before I determine whether this is a positive, but generally speaking I like the ideas they show. Seems like this is a good step forward for making every position a playable position, worth playing, and having an impact on the game. Realistically we should see 11 vs 11 games this generation and making each position more realistic is one step towards that reality. Have to admit, it would be cool as heck to play on a football team with a full league/team of players. Though I bet it would be hard as heck to get your games in! From past league experience just getting 1vs1 games in can be tough.
Sadly, they haven't made any improvements to the Online Team Play mode since it debuted in Madden NFL 11.

At the very least, 7 vs. 7 would be a lot fun, since everyone could play a skill position.

There are enough people on this site that we would have no problem fielding a full club. We've been able to play full 11 vs. 11 matches in FIFA 14 for the last week, and that game has a much smaller following here than Madden does.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:03 AM   #90
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

It's just disturbing that people can seriously consider this to be anywhere near impressive. For a game in 2014.. it is nowhere near where it should be.

Even Clint on twitter says that people talking about older games (nfl 2k5) are just caught up in nostalgia.

Sorry. Basic football is and has never been executed correctly in madden. This video still shows many arcade elements to the game. It is madden ball. It is their own brand of football.

When I say that we were 'foolish' to expect more.. I mean't that it is dumb to think that this will ever be a different type of game. It may add certain elements of simulation..etc. but it will always be their flavor.. their brand.

They just don't seem capable of doing even the simplest things. The guy in charge of equipment says he doubts one arm sleeves will make it in to the game. I just don't understand how a multi billion dollar company can have such inept programmers.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:21 AM   #91
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm going to preach it until they fix it. I might be preaching forever. Overhaul the animations and you have a good looking game on the field AND in pictures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #92
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
It's just disturbing that people can seriously consider this to be anywhere near impressive. For a game in 2014.. it is nowhere near where it should be.
Years ago, people would have thought this looked amazing.

In 2014, no matter what they do, people are gonna just gripe and complain, endlessly. That's more disturbing to me.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #93
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97

In 2014, no matter what they do, people are gonna just gripe and complain, endlessly. That's more disturbing to me.
Nothing about the player interactions, animations or specific nuances of the game in madden are amazing in 2014.

people act as if Madden is a gift that is given to us every year and we need to be grateful. I guess complaining about legacy issues that have been around since ps2 days is unreasonable.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #94
Banned

OVR: 28

Graphics look really, really good.

Once again, once the game starts moving, my stomach churns. Nothing looks organic. It looks exactly like it did in M25. Also - if the line play was rewritten, why does it function the same? I still see engagement looking sloppy and unnatural. The lineman slide around and pick up blocks. It strikes me as the logic being sound, but the way it plays out looks silly. Not to mention, it's still the same old implementation with engaged players. Either there is a win or a loss with engaged players. Where is the collapsing pocket and the edge rush DEs? I see it somewhat once in a while, but not consistently. Show me the struggle between lineman, not the stonewall/beat like a drum stuff. Sigh... This is the problem with this game. It all sounds truly amazing, then the implementation is poor. Is this just too hard for the programmers there? Or is it that the code is so F'd up that they just can't fix it. Seems like 3 years should be enough time.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #95
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm just glad that we have a Madden video out lol without NCAA Football this year on a console time has gone by slow and it actually makes me want the Madden game. I liked what I saw and although there may be some flaws, I'm just glad that the DL gameplay was addressed, we won't be able to have a real opinion on it until we play..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #96
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97

Yep I like where the game is heading. Not perfect by any stretch but it's fun to play and that's what I want.
Coming from Atari and handhelds I don't see me ever getting to the point a game "Worries, troubles or disturbs" me.

Just want to get my coach dynasty going

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »