Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #81
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

It just seems like the bare minimum. Nothing screams "This is a 2014 Football game on PS4 and XB1". None of these things make me forget about what we were spoiled with a decade ago. They should be doing things that are miles beyond what we had....but instead it just feels like I'm being spoon fed $60 worth of football in little tiny bits each year. Why even have QB throwing motions in the game if they don't work? Why even have physics if the animations over ride them? Why even have the rights to ESPN if you don't use it in Madden?

The struggles of a simulation football gamer Maybe if I just give up, throw all my football knowledge out the window and set my expectations below dirt, I'll be happy playing Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #82
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm afraid with this new war in the trenches mechanic that it will be way overpowered. This is my early prediction. EA wants this feature to be cool and effective and allow the user to use it and make it work. My future prediction that to battle this, is to bump up the cpu offensive line slider to max to combat the over cheesed mechanic.If its still there, the list of sliders keeps dwindling down to nothing. But I hope I'm wrong.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-09-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #83
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
I'm afraid with this new war in the trenches mechanic that it will be way overpowered. This is my early prediction. EA wants this feature to be cool and effective and allow the user to use it and make it work. My future prediction that to battle this, is to bump up the cpu offensive line slider to max to combat the over cheesed mechanic.If its still there, the list of sliders keeps dwindling down to nothing. But I hope I'm wrong.

Everything I've heard from people who actually played the game, is that it's a much more balanced game between offense and defense. I'll keep saying it til people see for themselves, this is just the foundation. Once they get the fundamentals in, they'll really start to go after the "cute" stuff as Rex calls it.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 1

I've watched this video...here are my comments:

• QB drops don't look very good
  • OL/DL is very black and white. Tustle, tustle, and someone wins in a big way. It doesn't look very dynamic or fluid.
  • Still seeing some of the same tackle animations we had on previous gen
  • Graphics and Player models look improved from M25
And finally...

I'm seeing Offensive Linemen slide into position in this video. That is a terrible look. And has me really concerned about this game.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:43 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 1

This quote from SageInfinite is AWESOME. Its the essence of what many of us want back.

M2001 and 2002 PS2 felt NOTHING like Madden on PS1. In Fact, the game continued to improve...each year until it hit a very solid foundation in 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me this game will be truly next gen when they gut all of the last gen and legacy animations out and replace them with new stuff. When Madden 2001 for PS2 dropped there was nothing on field that resembled PS1. I need that feeling back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #86
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Need to see how this plays/feels/impacts the game before I determine whether this is a positive, but generally speaking I like the ideas they show. Seems like this is a good step forward for making every position a playable position, worth playing, and having an impact on the game. Realistically we should see 11 vs 11 games this generation and making each position more realistic is one step towards that reality. Have to admit, it would be cool as heck to play on a football team with a full league/team of players. Though I bet it would be hard as heck to get your games in! From past league experience just getting 1vs1 games in can be tough.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #87
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
Looks like Madden to me.

We are foolish to expect anything more.
This

All EA is going to give us is maddenball. Expecting anything else by now is just plain stupid to me. Been saying this the last three years now.
LA DODGERS
Old 07-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Who expected more? I expected a video game.
I agree 100% at the end of the day it's a video game. I love that they are adding to the much needed defensive side of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »