Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #57
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
As long as we can turn off the button prompts I'm good. Looks like playing D-line should be fun this year. But we'll see
Yeah I'd love to see some footage with the prompts off (which can be turned off, and are off by default at higher difficulties), should look pretty cool.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
FWIW......

1. Diego Miranda@DiegoMB27 5m
    @ClintOldenburg Hey man, cool vid on War In The Trenches. Are cpu controlled players also gonna use the new array of pass rushing moves?
    Expand

2. Clint Oldenburg@ClintOldenburg 3m
    @DiegoMB27 yes

The better question would have been will the CPU AI players on MY TEAM use these moves against the AI, against another human opponent? This has been the issue in the past. The AI itself does a lot of magical things. But then when you take control of the team the players don't do any of that.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
15 is a true next gen game, I think my expectations are way beyond what you guys are expecting in the next two years.
It looks quite a bit better but I wouldn't call it next gen. That's one of my issues with A LOT of games coming out right now, not just Madden. Outside of graphics, I'm not seeing much that couldn't be done on 360/PS3. And specifically Madden, outside of graphics I haven't seen anything that wasn't done on earlier games. Frankly, some of the stuff is worse, ie, locomotion. But, this is the situation we are in, either ride with it or play Destiny Assassin's Creed or other games.

The defensive line controls was something posted on here and another board last year. Just from the looks of it, I'd say it looks like they did a good job with it. Will still need to test it. My biggest concern league play wise is not being able to use it.

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

That video looked like the same old interactions, just with a new camera angle and a new button layout.

There's still not much leaning, dipping, or any kind of moving struggle between players. It's just two guys standing straight up, completely stationary, hand-fighting with each other until an over-the-top "win" animation plays out, and the offensive lineman gets thrown to the ground like a used towel.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-09-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
That video looked like the same old interactions, just with a new camera angle and a new button layout.

There's still not much leaning, dipping, or any kind of moving struggle between players. It's just two guys standing straight up, completely stationary, hand-fighting with each other until an over-the-top "win" animation plays out, and the offensive linemen gets thrown to the ground like a used towel.

Which is going to probably turn some leagues off to it. Shame And hence you'll still be regulated to controlling 2nd and 3rd level defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me this game will be truly next gen when they gut all of the last gen and legacy animations out and replace them with new stuff. When Madden 2001 for PS2 dropped there was nothing on field that resembled PS1. I need that feeling back.
I find myself completely agreeing with everything you write on this site
Old 07-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Which is going to probably turn some leagues off to it. Shame And hence you'll still be regulated to controlling 2nd and 3rd level defenders.
I can see this being abused online or in franchise. I had 34 sacks in my franchise with Ahmad Brooks because nobody blocks the LE ever.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #64
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Thumbs down Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

From what I've heard from the devs, Sim, Smitty, and Markus, they are adding new animations each year until the old ones are almost completely gone. They added new ones last year and added a ton this year for defense and catch animations. Rex talked last year how he wants to get animations to a 90 quality level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »