Home

Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Releases

This is a discussion on Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Releases within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #33
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
I have never seen this with a video game (patches that take several months to release) -- and it's happened with each of the 3 games, correct?
Yes, that's correct. I'm going to wait on this patch since I still own the game and at least want to see if I can get my money's worth from it if the patch ever shows up. However that being said, if there's another installment in this series, or anything from Eutechnyx that even remotely interests me, I'll be passing on it likely.

Unbelievable that a patch they're working on since March, still isn't out in July.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

I dare say... whatever happened to multiplayer season mode?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #35
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Two weeks have passed now since this news... It's not looking very promising, or does it typically take this long for MS and Sony to certify patches?

Usually it takes 2 weeks for a patch to go through Sony and MS. I guess MS has been off all week for the holiday, and they are saying they are gonna release the patch for all systems on the same day. So we will see I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #36
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Just tweeted by ETX NASCAR, update to be released tomorrow!!!!

Quote:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

Last edited by BurghFan; 07-07-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #37
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

It's rare that I feel so deeply about something, but if this patch doesn't fix a whole laundry list of things, I will write this developer off entirely forever.

They have the right attitude, but it's the same song and dance each year with this. If this one isn't right on the money, it's more an issue of competence than anything else, and that isn't easy to fix.

One could argue we've already passed that point, but like I said--I don't usually feel like a developer is in over its head, ever.

Not until now, at least. If I still see cars that magically don't have to pit on a 4x fuel use race, the bizarre lines that CPU drivers take, brake checking, etc. etc., this is just a lost cause.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #38
Rookie

Bgartz29's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
It's rare that I feel so deeply about something, but if this patch doesn't fix a whole laundry list of things, I will write this developer off entirely forever.

They have the right attitude, but it's the same song and dance each year with this. If this one isn't right on the money, it's more an issue of competence than anything else, and that isn't easy to fix.

One could argue we've already passed that point, but like I said--I don't usually feel like a developer is in over its head, ever.

Not until now, at least. If I still see cars that magically don't have to pit on a 4x fuel use race, the bizarre lines that CPU drivers take, brake checking, etc. etc., this is just a lost cause.
I am looking to get this game if the patch does its job. Can you post an update of the results of the patch once you get a chance to play it?
Old 07-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #39
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

BUT:

quote: "The Daytona DLC will not be released with the update tomorrow. We'll have more on that in the near future."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Just tweeted by ETX NASCAR, update to be released tomorrow!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #40
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch

I feel the same way. This is their last chance to impress me and get things working like they should.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »