Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #129
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2
Looks just like Madden 14. Pass.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #130
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You don't think even by 17????? I'm saying 16 and in ways 15 will outdo previous football games.
I asked you this earlier in another post but it was easy to miss, so I'll ask again.

With all your optimism about this "new" team, how do you account for what they say they're going to do in comparison to the lack of polish and depth to the things they've already done?
Old 07-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #131
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
You don't think even by 17????? I'm saying 16 and in ways 15 will outdo previous football games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I asked you this earlier in another post but it was easy to miss, so I'll ask again.

With all your optimism about this "new" team, how do you account for what they say they're going to do in comparison to the lack of polish and depth to the things they've already done?
I'm not one to pile on, but I've got a question for jp (real talk). What is it about this team that makes you have so much faith?

I'll tell you were my sketicism is coming from. You cite Cam's presence quite a bit as some determining factor in the game making a drastic change from the previous cycles. Well, I'll tell you I was terribly excited when he came on; even moreso when I found out that he was a former quarterback. I thought finally, we'd see some real authenticity. We've got a man running the show that actually played the game.

At the very least I was sure that the quarterback play would be greatly improved, but in the three years that Cam has been head of the show I could argue that the quarterback play has gotten worse (at best it has stagnated). They seem to have gone away from signature throwing motions. Quarterback ball carriage is horrible. Footwork in the pocket is horrible, QB rollouts against their throwing shoulder are horrible, the dropbacks and pivots from under center to hand the ball off are exactly the same as they've been since the PS2 days. Even with the new little animations they've added (the little flip for instance) nothing's really changed the dynamic of that position.

Furthermore, there's talk out of both sides of the Madden machine that they are all about creating an absolute sim of a game, yet last year when the question was asked to Clint Oldenburg about botches snaps and such being included, his response was basically they're not really pushing for that kinda thing because of tournament guys. I'm paraphrasing the but the answer was basically, they can't have a guy lose a tourney game on a dice roll play like that that the user has no contol over.

After all that one has to wonder just how much of a stamp Cam and this team are really putting on this game, because so far it seems business as usual; the yearly incremental upgrade. Better? Yes. But groundbreaking and putting all games before it to shame? No.

(On a slight sidenote because that botched snap thing really bothered me when I read it:)

Why is it that a game like The Show is able to have options upon options, I mean endless options, yet Madden still takes the cookie-cutter, all things to all people approach? In The Show, for example, you have the choice between throwing interfaces for your fielders. One (BUTTONS ACCURACY) where the user in 100% control of the throwing power and accuracy, or another one (BUTTONS) where you just control the throwing power and the ratings dictate the outcomes. And every once in a while on BUTTONS you'll see and offline throw or a throw over someone's head.

Now some people in community hated having something like that randomly happen in the game. But instead of eliminating bad throws from fielders, they added the BUTTONS ACCURACY option. Why is that Madden has never been able to do something along those lines? How much creative vision does something like that take?
Old 07-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #132

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
(On a slight sidenote because that botched snap thing really bothered me when I read it:)

Why is it that a game like The Show is able to have options upon options, I mean endless options, yet Madden still takes the cookie-cutter, all things to all people approach? In The Show, for example, you have the choice between throwing interfaces for your fielders. One (BUTTONS ACCURACY) where the user in 100% control of the throwing power and accuracy, or another one (BUTTONS) where you just control the throwing power and the ratings dictate the outcomes. And every once in a while on BUTTONS you'll see and offline throw or a throw over someone's head.

Now some people in community hated having something like that randomly happen in the game. But instead of eliminating bad throws from fielders, they added the BUTTONS ACCURACY option. Why is that Madden has never been able to do something along those lines? How much creative vision does something like that take?
An even better comparison to your point of botched snaps and what the show offers is that they have Balks as an on/off thing. Seems simple enough to me.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #133
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

What were they thinking when they recorded the "That's an interception" commentary? He couldn't have sounded less interested and excited if he tried.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 24

JPDavis, official spokesman for EA Sports Madden Division.

Lol
Old 07-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #135
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
JPDavis, official spokesman for EA Sports Madden Division.

Lol
I actually like it when JP and others play what I call devil's advocate and attempt to defend the indefensible, imo. At least it allows the rest of us to vent and get things off our chest that Tiburon obviously couldn't care less about hearing. All this is just marking time because no matter what anyone posts or claims, Tiburon is going to do what they do.

The next episode of this Madden Talk Show will be after they finally reveal what's "new" with CFM, I wish we had lie detector test reveals like Maury, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #136
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
The fact that these "Maddens" are even being mentioned as "outdoing" previous "football games" is a joke.

I'm tired of hearing that the "tech" isn't available...which is clearly not correct,as the stuff we're asking for as been done.

Madden has been playing catch-up for almost 10 years now,not only with "other football" games,but other sports games in general.

How sad is it that it takes a "breakdown" of an E3 vid to see improvements in gameplay?....if the additions were as prominent as EA claimed,then they would pop out of the screen....and why would they do that? because Madden has been so bad in areas,that the improvements would be easy to see.

As it stands now,we need to see a "breakdown" of gameplay to see anything.
Also,if you feel the need to label me an EA *****...think again,I play the living daylights outta NCAA 14,and have played every Madden since 99.

If for what ever reason you need my "Madden credentials" before 99,I was playing music in bands...so video games weren't on my radar at the time.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »