Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2014, 04:04 AM   #209
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Whats the purpose of the engine then ?
Good question - it certainly didn't fix the real problems with tackling in the game.

I guess one thing it was supposed to do was do away with those forced/"canned" animations and play things out using "physics" of some sort (except they are still in)

Of course, "physics" that doesn't include weight/velocity/momentum/friction (with the ground)...

Also, the player "pathing" and movement isn't crisp enough for the sensitivity (guess that's why they had the "clipping" in past versions, because it's that same sort of pathing it seems). See Bowman tripping instead of filling the hole in the Smitty video.

And there still seems to still be some clipping. I think that's one reason Gore ran through the defender in the Smitty video. It's weird all around how IE works and sometimes doesn't seem to apply.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #210
Pro

OVR: 10
Until they bring back CPU vs. CPU watching in franchise mode, I won't be buying this game (at least full price, sometimes somebody is nice to me and buys it as a Christmas present).
Old 07-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #211
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So what about QJB? He's a GC and in the NBA 2k program, even in their commercial.

He is PAID hence a skewed perception leaning towards only positive output. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #212
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

The run here by Wilson in this replay at 11:14 looks so much better than running in Madden in the past. You clearly see Wilson exerting real effort, the way his arms are moving as he runs, looks legit, well IMO.

http://youtu.be/9D2GK_z3Az0
Old 07-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
That'll be phase 1 done in year 5 of a 3 year plan.
I remember when Ian Cummings came on board as the main guy in Madden 10 (I think), he laid out all his ideas for a great (or at least vastly improved) game.

BUT, he made it very clear that it would take a full 3/4 years to get everything to the finished/polished state.

So, back then I thought "ok awesome, by Madden 13 they will hopefully have all the major issues ironed out and some major improvements added"

He left, pro-tak appears to have been canned (along with some other stuff), and we're back to Madden 10/11 status (in terms of long-term development cycle). The new dev heads come in, with new ideas, scrap some of the old ones, and the cycle continues.

Most of the major issues back in 10 still have not been fixed...
Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #214
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The run here by Wilson in this replay at 11:14 looks so much better than running in Madden in the past. You clearly see Wilson exerting real effort, the way his arms are moving as he runs, looks legit, well IMO.

http://youtu.be/9D2GK_z3Az0
It doesn't look bad until he changes direction, then it all falls apart. And, I don't care for how quickly players straighten up as they run. They need to have that build up progressively.

Anyway, that run shows a perfect reason as to why they need to have different run animations. Some players run with a lower center of gravity than others. Think Barry Sanders Vs. Eric Dickerson. One-style-fits-all makes it all look even more strange, especially when you know some runners don't run the way the game has them running.

As an aside, I don't know why they have players raising their hands in the air after every big play like it was a touchdown. That looks kind of ridiculous.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #215
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I always thought that pro tak should work in tandem with rtp. Just layer the two. Pro tak should trigger in goal line situations and multiple tacklers Coming to the ball carrier. Let physics decided the outcome. Just don't make it an animation based outcome. Fumbles are ridiculous to watch as are goal line plays. Those things need pro tak or whatever tech they used for those. Just make them happen in real time not cut scenes like before.

The team needs to implement and improve what they already have not just throw it out and waste the time spent putting it there in the first place. Basically they need to build on what they put in and not ignore it. Features seem to be a one and done occurrence way too often. Pro tak, infinity engine, ccf, among many others. Fix and improve what's there before adding more stuff on top.

Also E3 was almost a month ago and the build they were using there may have been even older. So I would hope that the final version looks and plays a lot better than in the videos we have seen. I'm still optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #216
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I always thought that pro tak should work in tandem with rtp. Just layer the two. Pro tak should trigger in goal line situations and multiple tacklers Coming to the ball carrier. Let physics decided the outcome. Just don't make it an animation based outcome. Fumbles are ridiculous to watch as are goal line plays. Those things need pro tak or whatever tech they used for those. Just make them happen in real time not cut scenes like before.

The team needs to implement and improve what they already have not just throw it out and waste the time spent putting it there in the first place. Basically they need to build on what they put in and not ignore it. Features seem to be a one and done occurrence way too often. Pro tak, infinity engine, ccf, among many others. Fix and improve what's there before adding more stuff on top.

Also E3 was almost a month ago and the build they were using there may have been even older. So I would hope that the final version looks and plays a lot better than in the videos we have seen. I'm still optimistic.
I'm about ready to call bs on the Infinity Engine adding physics to animations because I think they later admitted that it didn't take height/weight into consideration, I think it maybe just calculated velocity or something and that's probably wrong too. I'll have to look back to be certain but I know last year, even in EA released trailers/videos, they had things like Percy Harvin "force impacting" defenders off the ground, which doesn't seem like even augmented physics to me. It added a "rag doll" effect, that I guess is a visual that we instantly associate with physics but that was the main downside Ian used to refer to when asked about a BackBreaker style physics engine in Madden.

So IE seemingly added the the downside of a rag doll effect of the BackBreaker true physics, minus the other positive additions of true physics. If there were clearly going to be rag doll issues with either one, why didn't they just go with a true physics engine then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »