Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #65
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

The first two plays just killed the video for me. The opening kick return had the blocker right in front of the return do a weird slide to start off and then just before the defender made the tackle number 44 could've blocked him but decided to double team some other guy instead.

The next was another classic int sequence where the wr continues with outstretched hands while the db makes the pick unobstructed.

Where are the errant throws? In all these vids I've seen 1 pass to Vernon Davis in the end zone that was off target. Everything else is a tipped pass, an int, or a completion.

The more I watch, the less improvements I see. It's madden. Plain and simple. I'll hold off on picking up a ps4 until I see a game I really have to have. This isn't it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Interception animation was awful. I liked Kaep's throwing animation on the touchdown, seemed fluid, and the Boldin catch was kool.
That TD should have never happened. Sherman glitched. He missed the underneath route and threw it up. This is the BS. IT looks great, sounds great. But the taking is trash, the AI competence is not up to par of the poster they are emulating and the running is to out of control. A defensive posture is competent of the val carrier and when to start his break down in order to tackle. Vice versa, the auto assist should kick in for the defender to show him down or animate his break down. Instead of blowing by the runner. The head needs to be on a swivel. Same with the back, he's not just sort sprinting to the fence, while sprinting the body form changes. Argggggh, anyway. Game like good was made under par. And today I blame the NFL. Since the news came out they have altered the game, it's not all EA sports fault. The NFL has ruined football gaming. So stop blaming EA. even I'd they came out with the best emulation ever, the NFL WOULD SAY NO! and change this so our game is represented politically correct. Not violent like it is.

Bull
Old 07-04-2014, 03:20 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 10
I think it's time we stop paying for the other company to save us from this nightmare, and find out who will make a game period. Forget the license, just make a customizable game. OS, and the other gaming forums n need to raise this issue, they are in the circles. We aren't.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:50 AM   #68
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
That TD should have never happened. Sherman glitched. He missed the underneath route and threw it up. This is the BS. IT looks great, sounds great. But the taking is trash, the AI competence is not up to par of the poster they are emulating and the running is to out of control. A defensive posture is competent of the val carrier and when to start his break down in order to tackle. Vice versa, the auto assist should kick in for the defender to show him down or animate his break down. Instead of blowing by the runner. The head needs to be on a swivel. Same with the back, he's not just sort sprinting to the fence, while sprinting the body form changes. Argggggh, anyway. Game like good was made under par. And today I blame the NFL. Since the news came out they have altered the game, it's not all EA sports fault. The NFL has ruined football gaming. So stop blaming EA. even I'd they came out with the best emulation ever, the NFL WOULD SAY NO! and change this so our game is represented politically correct. Not violent like it is.

Bull
That was a user controlling Sherman not AI, Smitty was upset because the guy he was playing switched to Sherman and he was trying to show how the improved AI reacts to passes like that. This was discussed tonight on TSS radio show. Both Sim & Smitty were saying the zone & man is extremely tough now and people will be surprised when they play it just how tough it is even on all pro.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-04-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:38 AM   #69
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
I think it's time we stop paying for the other company to save us from this nightmare, and find out who will make a game period. Forget the license, just make a customizable game. OS, and the other gaming forums n need to raise this issue, they are in the circles. We aren't.
EA is the company making a game and the dev team, at least now, is trying to make a simulation game, but it is going to take a liitle longer to get there. With 15 most people will understand what they're trying to do. With 16 it will become even more obvious.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
EA is the company making a game and the dev team, at least now, is trying to make a simulation game, but it is going to take a liitle longer to get there. With 15 most people will understand what they're trying to do. With 16 it will become even more obvious.
Here we are on next gen systems and the game still has the same old ugly animations and legacy issues and is missing features that were available years ago in other games (some EA games) on older, less capable systems. And you are telling us to wait until next year. Again.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah apparently that was because the game didn't have the inaccuracies to trigger them and they say they trigger now.
From the videos ive seen, their is still no body catches or any catches where the receiver falls to the ground after catching an inaccurate pass or when attempting to catch a low thrown ball. From what ive seen all receivers still always land on their feet after a catch, accept for a rare dive. One of the most frequent catches in football if the forward dive for a low ball, Ive yet to see this catch animation in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The first two plays just killed the video for me. The opening kick return had the blocker right in front of the return do a weird slide to start off and then just before the defender made the tackle number 44 could've blocked him but decided to double team some other guy instead.

The next was another classic int sequence where the wr continues with outstretched hands while the db makes the pick unobstructed.

Where are the errant throws? In all these vids I've seen 1 pass to Vernon Davis in the end zone that was off target. Everything else is a tipped pass, an int, or a completion.

The more I watch, the less improvements I see. It's madden. Plain and simple. I'll hold off on picking up a ps4 until I see a game I really have to have. This isn't it.

Not to mention on that kick off return #20 didn't even attempt to help out on the tackle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »