Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #105

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I believe the guy from tradition sports told me 5-6 secs
Do you happen to know if it's 2 at a time or just one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #106
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
JP for once I'm going to kind of agree with u..
I have to say I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner..what I mean is small commercials in Madden and other sports games (even though I haven't played other games other then Madden and 2k football) as well..it not only creates the feel of watching TV games, then they can sell spots...kind of win win so to speak..however I'm sure if and when this does happen it will be taken too far and then I'll be back here complaining about it..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been an advocate of the commercial break type stuff for some time and think it's a good premise. The concern is of course the implementation. For example when they added the studio updates to NCAA Football, even though they were short they could get annoying, repetitive for some.

What I would like to see them do is implement some form of what they had in Madden 09, which was a "presentation" window/screen that could play those type of elements, while still allowing the User access to the UI. Adding something like this back, would allow for things like players coming on/off the field, commercials, replays, etc, to play out in real time, while not preventing the User interacting with the game, eliminating the need for the "button through".

Old 06-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why in the world is Russell Wilson's skin tone so dark?
Has no one noticed this?
It's a GLARING eye sore.

And where are the NBA style arm sleeves so many NFL players are wearing now?
Richard Sherman, Madden 15 cover athlete, is wearing one ON THE COVER.

I don't mean to be overly picky, but Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman are the two most popular and well known players on the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Seattle Seahawks.

EA Sports, please, WAKE UP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to play this game, and there's a lot I'm liking from what we've seen so far. The new presentation style looks great, the new "dynamic" celebrations look MUCH better than the canned cut scene animations from years past, and the new player models are noticeably improved. This years incarnation of Madden seems to be an obvious step up from last years version.

With that being said, when small details, like the inaccurate depiction of player skin tone and player equipment, which are so easily fixable, continue to be blatantly ignored and overlooked year after year, I can't help but scratch my head.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #108
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I respect that, like you said different strokes. EA's RTP wasn't impressive to me. It wasn't a good enough game IMO for me to want to "lab it up" and experiment with sliders. Imma presentation guy and the presentation was trash that year coming off of 12. I hated the passing game. Sig qb animations all but disappeared. Progressive lighting was worse. Don't and still don't like connected careers. The RTP made everything a sloppy mess, but then again I didn't lab it up, so I respect your perspective.

Lol. I agree 100% that presentation was completely absent from 12 to 13. For me, I want presentation, but if it's not there, it doesn't bother me. I want gameplay first and foremost. Presentation is icing on the cake for me, so I actually didn't notice the lack of it. It is lacking, I just didn't get caught up because I actually was totally impressed with the RTP. First time I SAW the demo, the first words out of my mouth were, 'good god!! This is the same dam# game!!!' Graphically, it looked the same. U mention the passing game. They may have taken away sig QB animations, but for me, what instantly changed my attitude of 13 was the first time I attempted a pass to tony g over a LB and in front of a safety. In EVERY madden from 92-12 I would imagine, this was ALWAYS a superman pick from the LB because madden NEVER attempted to add actual pass trajectories in the game. Well, they finally did in 13, and that alone sold me on it. Seeing a perfectly thrown medium powered pass float over a LB into Tony's one handed grab with a safety bearing down made me smile at a madden game for the first time in years. Lol. Now, the superman pick was there and happened from time to time, but pass trajectories actually existed for the first time in madden. Now, somewhere between updates and the creation of madden 25, they have already lost the trajectories! Lol. They look like they're making a comeback in 15. But, for me, 13 really made a quality attempt at arching passes. And, I agree, connected careers bugged me at first, but I adapted. It basically is franchise if u choose to be a owner. And, yes, the RTP was sloppy, but the actual gameplay (with sliders) was pretty nice IMO, and the after play sloppiness actually made me chuckle quite a bit. Lol. Looks like 15's presentation will be better, and I think they're tightening up gameplay, too. So, hopefully, we can all play a better, certainly NOT perfect, game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I have been an advocate of the commercial break type stuff for some time and think it's a good premise. The concern is of course the implementation. For example when they added the studio updates to NCAA Football, even though they were short they could get annoying, repetitive for some.

What I would like to see them do is implement some form of what they had in Madden 09, which was a "presentation" window/screen that could play those type of elements, while still allowing the User access to the UI. Adding something like this back, would allow for things like players coming on/off the field, commercials, replays, etc, to play out in real time, while not preventing the User interacting with the game, eliminating the need for the "button through".

I agree, you shouldn't have to pause to call up a replay, the Madden 09 system was cool because everything was at your fingertips; replays, stats, player cards. The concept was very modern.

I'm an advocate for the classic playcall screen "room" interface during huddling. Since just about everybody is on widescreen HD sets now, there is a lot they could do with this. They could have two tiers; plays (left), and play data (bottom or vice versa) + a PIP screen so you can see the huddle sequence, see a replay, or look at stats. Why not? If they're going to keep adding more stuff to the playcall screen, then why not make use of the whole screen and window the action on the field instead of having it cover things up. I mean, what's the sense in doing all of this graphical work only to obstruct it?
Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #110
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm all for this playcall screen window, as long as it isn't used as an excuse to speed up the game. I remember when they did something similar in Madden 04 where the playcall screen would come up and most if not all replays were shown in the window instead of full screen. I would get delay of game penalties trying to enjoy the celebrations and replays, lol. I hated it. Let a button press throw it in the window, like 2k5 did. Other than that keep the presentation full screen.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #111
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'm all for this playcall screen window, as long as it isn't used as an excuse to speed up the game. I remember when they did something similar in Madden 04 where the playcall screen would come up and most if not all replays were shown in the window instead of full screen. I would get delay of game penalties trying to enjoy the celebrations and replays, lol. I hated it. Let a button press throw it in the window, like 2k5 did. Other than that keep the presentation full screen.
Same thing I was saying to a friend of mine last week. That user choice element needs expansion. It's a small thing, but 2K5 did that well and it was very seamless and made a huge difference in terms of flow.

I feel like presentation is sort of just something that's been jammed into Madden "after the fact" so to speak. Whereas with other sports games like MLB The Show and 2K's sports games, it appears purposely integrated into it to where it flows naturally. At times in Madden you feel like a presentation element is about to make the game break or something. I remember Rich Grisham made a similar comment, and it was something I had been thinking for years but couldn't quite articulate.

Last edited by FaceMask; 06-29-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #112
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Same thing I was saying to a friend of mine last week. That user choice element needs expansion. It's a small thing, but 2K5 did that well and it was very seamless and made a huge difference in terms of flow.

I feel like presentation is sort of just something that's been jammed into Madden "after the fact" so to speak. Whereas with other sports games like MLB The Show and 2K's sports games, it appears purposely integrated into it to where it flows naturally. At times in Madden you feel like a presentation element is about to make the game break or something. I remember Rich Grisham made a similar comment, and it was something I had been thinking for years but couldn't quite articulate.
It's true. It's has always been an after thought. When you play online the presentation is at a minimum. Which I understand to some extent, but it should be there by default and have an option to turn off.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »