Home

NBA 2K15 to Feature Voice Acting From Many NBA Players in MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 to Feature Voice Acting From Many NBA Players in MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 to Feature Voice Acting From Many NBA Players in MyCAREER Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This really does nothing for me personality though, not my mode of choice. I would love it if players recorded quips for in game use though....calling for picks, yelling...imagine hearing Dwight Howard's "ayyyyyyye" after contact...

Would add so much immersion.
Agreed. I struggle to believe it is possible to yield enough dialogue from each player to make it sound realistic in MyPlayer mode (especially with the aforementioned corny scripts). It seems like a losing battle.

However, if they used voice capture for the little things, like what you mentioned, I think that'd be a wonderful "Little Things" touch.

Hearing Chris Paul's voice settling the offense by yelling, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Two!" = Realistic & welcomed addition.

Seeing Dante Exum alone on a basketball court with my player saying something like, "Hey man, I see you trending on the internet Twitter feed lately. That's pretty neat. Now I want to show you how we play ball Aussie style. After you watch me make a dunk shot, maybe you can have my signature skill" = Kinda embarrassing.

Hopefully they're aiming for a happy medium there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #26
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Agreed. I struggle to believe it is possible to yield enough dialogue from each player to make it sound realistic in MyPlayer mode (especially with the aforementioned corny scripts). It seems like a losing battle.

However, if they used voice capture for the little things, like what you mentioned, I think that'd be a wonderful "Little Things" touch.

Hearing Chris Paul's voice settling the offense by yelling, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Two!" = Realistic & welcomed addition.

Seeing Dante Exum alone on a basketball court with my player saying something like, "Hey man, I see you trending on the internet Twitter feed lately. That's pretty neat. Now I want to show you how we play ball Aussie style. After you watch me make a dunk shot, maybe you can have my signature skill" = Kinda embarrassing.

Hopefully they're aiming for a happy medium there.
I think the line would be more like, "Hey man, I see you trending on the Social Media feed lately." They never used specific names like Twitter or Facebook, which really made it sound even worse.

Personally, I'm not too big on the cutscenes the way they were implemented in 2k14. There is potential, but they need to make it more realistic. The ones where your teammate asks you to go to the practice gym, or watch game film, were fine. In fact, I would like to see that happen more often, and be the primary way of increasing attributes over VC. But telling me to wear a clown nose or carry his bags? No thanks. Especially when the guy telling me to do that is a bench warmer who gets less than 5 minutes per game.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #27
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

If they fix player voices, they better fix those rim sounds. 90% of them are horrible.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 06-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #28
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Some real Negative Nancies in here.

I like the idea of real player voices and hope they are able to implement them in a non cringe-worthy manner. I liked the concept of MyCareer and hope they can raise the bar with it.

I sincerely doubt that they all had a meeting and decided the only thing they wanted to do to improve 2K was add player voices
Old 06-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #29
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9
Ugh, the unskippable "conversations" were the worst part of the game and I stopped playing my player since it was driving me crazy.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm all for voice acting, but please have it attached to a somewhat realistic, believable story that doesn't try too hard and go all B-movie fantasy basketball on us. I don't wanna be making bets with Thaddeus Young (or anyone else) before a game at halfcourt.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #31
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Cool but there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be addressed..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #32
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
Cool but there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be addressed..
Read post #6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beat_dead_horse2.jpg (22.0 KB, 219 views)
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »