Home

Don Bradman Cricket 14: A Baseball Fan Takes a Look

This is a discussion on Don Bradman Cricket 14: A Baseball Fan Takes a Look within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2014, 02:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
I would kill or die for an Australian Rules Football game to come out in the US...anything to get me away from the now annual EA Madden disappointment for a few years!
You should do what I'm doing. Look to import AFL Live 2 from Australia. I'm doing research to see if it will work on our systems or not. I imported Konami's Pro Yakyuu Spirits and am not interested in importing other sports games that aren't available here.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:57 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Comparing the EA Cricket series to DBC 14 is just wrong. DBC 14 blows EA Cricket out of the water. Although DBC leaves a little to be desired in its presentation and commentary, its by far a more accurate representation of the sport. The nuances of cricket are captured so well in DBC and you really have to master the art of bowling and batting. It takes time and patience to score runs and take wickets. DBC 14 is by far the best cricket to date. Yes, its better than Brian Lara./Shane Warne Cricket 99. You can pretty much play any shot in the book. If you are looking for a cricket game then DBC14 is the one to get.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Rookie

I have AFL 2 and it works on PS3, no region lock out. I also play Rugby League Live 2 as well as Don Bradman Cricket. Sports gamers need to look elsewhere, I am tired of waiting months for the same 5 or 6 games every year.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #20
Rookie

Re: Don Bradman Cricket 14: A Baseball Fan Takes a Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
I have AFL 2 and it works on PS3, no region lock out. I also play Rugby League Live 2 as well as Don Bradman Cricket. Sports gamers need to look elsewhere, I am tired of waiting months for the same 5 or 6 games every year.
Thanks Eyeman79, real quickly, does Rugby League Live 2 have official club licenses like Englands Harlequin club? How does the gameplay come out? I played the two rugby games that they released here Stateside. They seemed alright but one was too easy and the other frustrating.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #21
Pro

RustedWalleye's Arena

OVR: 15
Kudos for your mini non traditional review. I will definitely check this out as I have always wanted to learn more about cricket.

Learning from a video game is the way to go. I have learned more about hockey and soccer from video games then I ever did by trying to watch them. I actually truly can enjoy the World Cup after playing FIFA in-depth for the first time this year on the PS4. I know so much more about the sport and strategy and went from not being at all supportive of soccer to actual becoming a casual fan and trying to learn more about the different clubs and leagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #22
Rookie

poulterbear101's Arena

OVR: 8
if you want to buy AFL Live 2 for PS3/Xbox, you're going to have a bad time! Just the heads up!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #23
Rookie

Re: Don Bradman Cricket 14: A Baseball Fan Takes a Look

Care to elaborate?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #24
Rookie

jilly55's Arena

I thought crickets were bugs, but I'm pretty sure frogs croak octopus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »