Home

Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #49
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You could make that point all day and you have, to your credit, you are technically right, the best kind. However, in the context of Madden, to do it "right" would mean rewriting/rebuilding things from scratch, which is apparently not an option, for whatever reason. I know that you have mentioned in the past the problem with requesting bandaids and place holders instead of core fixes but when the landlord refuses to replace the old rusty pipes you need a plan B or move.
IMO, they're not refusing to do anything. They are giving folks exactly what they ask for. Most of even OS are asking for peripheral improvements.

How many folks are asking for gap/contain assignments, retiered playbooks... it's only recently that folks are ralying around animations & locomotion. These are the core issues.

Dropping back 20 yards? What did most folks ask for? Inaccuracy when QBs drop that far. What did we get? Inaccurate passes. The real problem? Blocking for 3, 5 & 7 step drops, the interaction between blockers/rushers & the angle created by dropping back that far.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
IMO, they're not refusing to do anything. They are giving folks exactly what they ask for. Most of even OS are asking for peripheral improvements.

How many folks are asking for gap/contain assignments, retiered playbooks... it's only recently that folks are ralying around animations & locomotion. These are the core issues.

Dropping back 20 yards? What did most folks ask for? Inaccuracy when QBs drop that far. What did we get? Inaccurate passes. The real problem? Blocking for 3, 5 & 7 step drops, the interaction between blockers/rushers & the angle created by dropping back that far.
I disagree, the main thing people have been asking for are fixes, not bandaids, they are just willing to settle for bandaids when it's painfully obvious real fixes aren't coming. I have read countless posts over the years from numerous posters going into great deal about how to actually fix things and it pretty much being stated "that's too complex". I know I'm preaching to the choir because that's what you were told about tiered play calling. So if after that being said, one continues to ask for the fix, their essentially labeled nonconstructive, beating a dead horse, etc.

It's been stated repeatedly that they/Tiburon shouldn't/doesn't need us to suggest anything to them, in regards to football fundamentals, the blueprint is already there in real football and past football games. They seem to do whatever they want to do and when that happens to coincide with what people actually asked for, they tout that as "listening to the fans", hell they'll even tout that when not one "fan" I know of has actually asked for what they've done, lol.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #51
MVP

BezO's Arena

I guess where you see countless & numerous, I see a handful of posters asking for these things and the majority asking for the peripheral stuff.

For every one poster asking for what I feel needs to be done, I see 10 posters asking for the side effects, and another 10 saying some version of that's too complex, y'all want perfection, it's a video game, etc. As sim as these boards are supposed to be, I see more concern for balance than what I consider realism. Most are concerned with the stats & results. I see few concerned with the why.

Ask for what you think is possible. I feel you on that as EA appears to listen to those types of request. But momma told me if I need 5, ask for 10, not 2. Too many folks happy with 2 for my taste. And that's what they get. 2. And the same folks asking for 2 will complain next year that they only got 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #52
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I guess where you see countless & numerous, I see a handful of posters asking for these things and the majority asking for the peripheral stuff.

For every one poster asking for what I feel needs to be done, I see 10 posters asking for the side effects, and another 10 saying some version of that's too complex, y'all want perfection, it's a video game, etc. As sim as these boards are supposed to be, I see more concern for balance than what I consider realism. Most are concerned with the stats & results. I see few concerned with the why.

Ask for what you think is possible. I feel you on that as EA appears to listen to those types of request. But momma told me if I need 5, ask for 10, not 2. Too many folks happy with 2 for my taste. And that's what they get. 2. And the same folks asking for 2 will complain next year that they only got 2.
I don't know man, just doesn't seem to matter to me, they'll give us what they deem possible, in relation to developing Madden, not video games in general. When I look at things like franchise mode and presentation where there is a general consensus on mimicking real life, yet Tiburon still does their own thing to a certain extent, I can't see game play being any different.

The overriding thing for me is out of those people you believe are asking for bandaids first versus fixes, how many would be mad at a fundamental fix? I don't think most would, seeing as the fix would likely address their core issue anyway.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

limiting offensive adjustments is not the answer. i could MAYBE understand some type of limit based on the QBs ratings or something but even that doesn't feel right to me.

yes, i know it's not realistic for a 55 overall QB to read the defense, audible, then make 3 hot route adjustments or be able to run no huddle all game.. but in real life 1 person doesn't control the head coach, coordinator, and QB. this is still a video game.

that's why i always loved the vision cone. on offense, the user controls the QB's reads and is as good as you're making him. i guess they could tone down accuracy ratings and gameplay(they desperately need to for deep throws) but the vision cone is the best way i've seen to reward/punish you for the caliber of QB you're using without limiting the user.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #54
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't know man, just doesn't seem to matter to me, they'll give us what they deem possible, in relation to developing Madden, not video games in general. When I look at things like franchise mode and presentation where there is a general consensus on mimicking real life, yet Tiburon still does their own thing to a certain extent, I can't see game play being any different.

The overriding thing for me is out of those people you believe are asking for bandaids first versus fixes, how many would be mad at a fundamental fix? I don't think most would, seeing as the fix would likely address their core issue anyway.
I doubt will ever know if it matters. Most folks are not as sim as they think. And even the simmest of heads continue to support what EA spits out.

Presentation is one of the few things that look decent. The halftime show is ehh, but replays are better and have been decent in the past.

I don't think many would be mad at a fundamental fix at all. But EA is listening to it's fans, even the simmest of OS members. Look back at issues like super LBs, CBs tackling too well, scrambling QBs, QBs dropping back too far, etc. up to audibles & hot routes. Look at how most want these issues addressed and compare that to what you know should be implemented.

There's a handful of core issues that would address all these peripheral problems, but most don't attribute those problems to a bigger issue or don't believe EA will address them. There's a reason why the number of problems aren't going down. They're just being shuffled.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

I hear you Bezo but I still don't see how the game not being fundamentally sound/fixed is the gamers fault. Tiburon keeps claiming to be attempting to create a NFL simulation video game, so that design and implementation onus is their's, not our's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Identify your identity" ....smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »