Home

Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #33
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

What is this nonsesne? Like seriously. It's things like this that give me no hope for a simulation football game out of EA. With game changers that promote this kind of stuff, and the divide between them and GC's that actually want simulation football, as well as the lack of featured simulation football articles/videos. If that video was about anything regarding sim football by any of the GC's that want it, it wouldn't have gotten featured on here. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I'm annoyed by things like this.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #34
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Thanks for the clarification. Still, it would handicap the user too much in my opinion. I wanna be able to get my Peyton Manning on, just not in less than two seconds and before everyone is lined up.

While I would prefer the time delay, I would also prefer the other method over the status quo. We all agree that a change is needed.
Actually you were able to set multiple hot routs. It was an option in the pause menu I believe. You just couldn't do it nearly as fast like in Madden. You had to wait for that animation to finish, and if you had accelerated clock on, you'd better not even try to call multiple.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #35
Banned

Live2K's Arena

Ea simply needs a fair play mode back and a better way to seperate the sim people into lobbies. They tried with the communities but apparently no one here used it...so lets blame ea and bring up 2k...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Ea simply needs a fair play mode back and a better way to seperate the sim people into lobbies. They tried with the communities but apparently no one here used it...so lets blame ea and bring up 2k...
No they NEED to program there game better so cheese like this isn't so affective. Guys like you just kill me. It's a shame that people have to bring up a 10 year old game that is better then madden. The only thing that keep people bringing up 2k is madden because if they made a BETTER game no one would have to bring it up. Madden is the only game across all genres of gaming that gets compared to a 10 year old game. The only thing madden has done better then 2k is the graphics.
LA DODGERS
Old 06-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #37
Banned

Live2K's Arena

Don't be afraid to play online sim gamers. There are leagues and ways to work around maddens cheese with rules and good intentions. Sure vie for improvements each year and a better madden but its not going to change if you don't use the services EA is offering online.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #38
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I vote in favor of implementing the delay in responses to hot routing and furthermore the delay for flipping plays.

Madden can get so caught up in the fast pace of speed that it diminishes the value of having purposefully prolonged animations that add realism and immersion.

Tourney gamers literally use the flip play as a scheme within their strategy on both offense and defense which is more a gimmick than a strategy when done with no consequence.

- You have the ability to flip the play at the play call screen: you should now have to wait for the defense to show their positions before you flip the play.

- It should bare negative consequences on both sides by appropriately setting a timer window for how long it takes players to shuffle and get in new positions.

Void of flipping plays based on what you see post huddle: the instant flip play after breaking the huddle simply serves as a gimmick to exploit the defensive AI.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 01:46 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 28

If anyone has ever looked at Cody's channel, there is nothing related to football on it. It is madden ball. He will show you how to use the right combination of spies, contains, putting dts on wide receivers, etc that will generate instant pressure, etc. I've said this countless times in the past and I will say it again now. Madden is a game BASED on football. The guys who have these types of YouTube channels dominate the direction and implementation of this game. To see this kind of thing promoted here at OS is really disappointing and sad.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #40
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

while i like the discussion/ideas on how to limit cheese its frustrating because we are also moving further away from real football...

i dont like longer qb adjustment animations if its not based on the skill of the QB,

add animations for guys that are running their 3rd consecutive vertical route 60+yds, they should be crawling back to the LOS in a hurry up situation

have fatigue actually work and force guys to have subs on the field, if i decide to punish the broncos D with a long 12 play drive can Dware really make 10 PERFECT swim/spin/bull rush stamina draining moves at his age in the thin air...shouldn't i have to sacrifice as well to do that.

rework the carry and injury rating the type of beating we let these players take contributes to these chessy play styles.

madden needs a hardcore mode with 300% more fatigue so game managers and those of us that know a player by more than his speed rating can have some fun.

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »