Home

Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Lol. If us sim guys tried to play him with a realistic style he would thrash us. I NEVER play online. I had one madden 25 on ps4 since day one and I played one game for 1 quarter and quit because I ran into a guy that played like he does. EA can say they want a sim game but if 9 out of 10 guys they bring in as gamechangers are tourney and exploiters that tells me what kind of game we are getting before it comes out. And the only reason the few sim guys are still gamechangers are because they won't admit or say anything bad about EA. Now all we hear is the game is moving in the right direction or wait next year.
First it was three year plans now it's phase 1-3. All we have to look forward to are sliders,options,and other sim players to get by playing this game.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Lol. If us sim guys tried to play him with a realistic style he would thrash us. I NEVER play online. I had one madden 25 on ps4 since day one and I played one game for 1 quarter and quit because I ran into a guy that played like he does. EA can say they want a sim game but if 9 out of 10 guys they bring in as gamechangers are tourney and exploiters that tells me what kind of game we are getting before it comes out. And the only reason the few sim guys are still gamechangers are because they won't admit or say anything bad about EA. Now all we hear is the game is moving in the right direction or wait next year.
First it was three year plans now it's phase 1-3. All we have to look forward to are sliders,options,and other sim players to get by playing this game.
Couldn't have said it better man. Madden was built for cheesers. I laugh every time someone tries to say Madden is working to be a Sim. If by sim they mean it's like watching the sims play football then they might be right.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #27
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
I hope there are not more 'guest post' like this, this was terrible.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
One of the best features that people rarely mention when they bring up 2K's football games was the limit they had for just one offensive hot route per snap. The defense, however, could make unlimited pre-play adjustments.

That system helped to make games like 2K8 and 2K5 much more balanced, instead of the unstoppable offensive highlight reel that Madden games have become.
But I don't like that as a solution either. That is a limitation on the user that is not realistic.
Add a delay and make crowd noise a factor on the road. If, and I am aware of how unlikely this is, but if they ever add playbook knowledge from HC to Madden then that opens up the possibility of miscommunication and adjustments gone wrong.

But this does remind me of the silly house rule I started using which has now become second nature. I play my games while sitting on a dining room chair (eyes are too bad for the couch). When I go to make an adjustment I lean forward in a way that (I think) mimics QBs. Think Peyton leaning forward to bark an order to the line. After I make my adjustment I go back to a straight posture and take a breath as if looking over the field. When I am ready to snap I slightly lean forward again to mimic the ready for the snap posture. Ridiculous? Yes, but that little presentation I do helps to make adjustments a bit more realistic. In case you are wondering, I draw the line at shouting out Omaha. I'm not that far gone.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
But I don't like that as a solution either. That is a limitation on the user that is not realistic.
Add a delay and make crowd noise a factor on the road. If, and I am aware of how unlikely this is, but if they ever add playbook knowledge from HC to Madden then that opens up the possibility of miscommunication and adjustments gone wrong.

But this does remind me of the silly house rule I started using which has now become second nature. I play my games while sitting on a dining room chair (eyes are too bad for the couch). When I go to make an adjustment I lean forward in a way that (I think) mimics QBs. Think Peyton leaning forward to bark an order to the line. After I make my adjustment I go back to a straight posture and take a breath as if looking over the field. When I am ready to snap I slightly lean forward again to mimic the ready for the snap posture. Ridiculous? Yes, but that little presentation I do helps to make adjustments a bit more realistic. In case you are wondering, I draw the line at shouting out Omaha. I'm not that far gone.
Not to cherry pick the bold but C'mon man, User limitation should be used to achieve realism, in certain context. I refuse to type out much because it won't matter one bit, so I'll keep my point simple. There's a whole host of things that are missing in relation to making audibles realistic in Madden so providing an OPTION to limit preplay adjustments like that other game did would be a good move. Any limitation in Madden that is placed there to prevent exploiting the game in an unrealistic way I generally would count as a realistic limitation.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not to cherry pick the bold but C'mon man, User limitation should be used to achieve realism, in certain context. I refuse to type out much because it won't matter one bit, so I'll keep my point simple. There's a whole host of things that are missing in relation to making audibles realistic in Madden so providing an OPTION to limit preplay adjustments like that other game did would be a good move. Any limitation in Madden that is placed there to prevent exploiting the game in an unrealistic way I generally would count as a realistic limitation.
I understand where you are coming from, but I prefer the time restriction.

However, it also would depend on what adjustments are limited. Say I come out and read a overload blitz coming from the weakside. Say I shift protection and hot route a slant. Then I hot route my RB to a block and release. Or just block, whatever. Nothing wrong with those moves right? Well under the other game I could not do that.

That is why I prefer that each time you make an adjustment the QB goes into an animation during which you cannot snap the ball. In effect it would be a 2 or 3 second delay between adjustments.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You could slide the protection, tell extra people to block, audible to a new play and flip the play direction as much as you wanted in 2K5 and 2K8. The only pre-play limitation on the offense was for changing individual routes -- you were allowed one route change per snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You could slide the protection, tell extra people to block, audible to a new play and flip the play direction as much as you wanted in 2K5 and 2K8. The only pre-play limitation on the offense was for changing individual routes -- you were allowed one route change per snap.
Thanks for the clarification. Still, it would handicap the user too much in my opinion. I wanna be able to get my Peyton Manning on, just not in less than two seconds and before everyone is lined up.

While I would prefer the time delay, I would also prefer the other method over the status quo. We all agree that a change is needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »