Home

OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
There should honestly be a laugh track whenever someone defends Madden and says they are gradually improving. The lies they told at E3 were just ridiculous. I have a video you guys need to see. But before you watch it, just keep in mind what the guy at E3 said in the beginning of his Madden presentation. Remember the words ALL NEW INNOVATIONS. Just let that resonate in your mind then watch this video. The lies and the hilarity of it all is just classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxQEIcw5Sg
Old 06-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
Non of the announcements or CG trailers matter until we see someone on the sticks playing.
Those videos are out there. I hooked my phone up to my tv and was pretty impressed with the player models, player movement, running animations, everything just looks better, every detail looks better in every way. The game isn't where we want it yet but I think 40% of OS users will be blown away when they see the game in person. I think 80% of causal madden fans will be, because graphics impress casuals and the game looks truly next gen now. Rex said last year that it would be another year or two before they get it truly turned around and at the same time said he didn't feel like they nailed anything with M25. I feel like this team is honest and open with us and they are doing their part to deliver the product we all want. In the end we have to judge them on the execution of the final product. If the game continues to improve and add the little things then if you liked M25, you'll like each Madden more from here on. If you didn't like 25 maybe 15 will do it. If not then 16 and if not 16 it's time to close up shop for good. I know I said this about 15 but I'm giving them one extra year with 25 being a port. Everyone on here can bookmark and hold me to this, I will eat my words proudly but Madden 16 is the 3rd year of the 3 year plan so after that there's NO excuse I can accept or consider.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-21-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #51
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Lets go back to where the old team was on their second title of a new console and compare it with the second next gen title in alpha version of the team today.

http://youtu.be/9Xq3n8bz6N4

Vs

http://youtu.be/9D2GK_z3Az0

Which looks more like sim football to you? Look past the graphics and look at the football fundamentals, player movement, ai, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #52
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

In this article Ian talks about the illusion of cutting left and right to hit the hole. While he did have some good ideas and wanted sim aspects, I don't think he had the same focus and desire to deliver sim that Cam and Rex do. I don't plan on hearing them talk about giving an illusion of anything when it comes to sim football.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ngs-interview/
Old 06-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #53
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
There should honestly be a laugh track whenever someone defends Madden and says they are gradually improving. The lies they told at E3 were just ridiculous. I have a video you guys need to see. But before you watch it, just keep in mind what the guy at E3 said in the beginning of his Madden presentation. Remember the words ALL NEW INNOVATIONS. Just let that resonate in your mind then watch this video. The lies and the hilarity of it all is just classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxQEIcw5Sg

This video right here has given me some things to really think about with this company & this football game. even looking at the videos Im starting to see some things I didn't like in this version, that was in 25 as well, at any rate we'll get to see what goes on when the game is released, and i guess at that point, we'll see where all this goes, but when I see several sources of video with actual evidence proving ea and the developers are up to that same ol, same ol, then yeah, its time to reevaluate my own spending in whether or not i want to support the company & there brand of a football game.

This is why there have been alot of games being delayed for the newer consoles, they know there games are undeveloped & they would rather delay there product until one is ready that they feel is good enough to be released to the public, they also don't wanna be known for disgracing the industry by being money hungry aka ( greed ) and that truly is what ea has done.

The 2k battle and ea battle that's natural business competition, but when I look at these past e3 madden events, the calling out by Rex incident & the fact that madden being out since 1988 - ( madden 25 ) - 2015 I have to question things seriously, no matter how much I would like to have a new'er polished looking game, at the end of the day I just want a great virtual world of football & fundamentals. And if that means going back to playing some older titles then so be it, but I refuse anymore to close my eyes to some of the, yeah were getting there, and give them time routine. Madden should be the # 1 game right now truthfully, in every aspect. I guess THE REAL QUESTION WE NEED TO ASK OUR SELF'S WHY AR'NT THEY? LOOK AT THAT HISTORY TIME LINE?

Do you really feel in 27 YEARS! This company is evolved to where you want YOUR virtual world experience to be? you have to make that choice, this is very serious situation going on, I don't expect the younger kids to follow this, I really don't, especially in this generation we live, but to those that came up in that original old school era I do expect alot more, and that's what makes me wonder, because Rex & his team is from that old school era and I know they know football, which is why I'm wondering is it really them or the Suits! at any rate as I said we will see soon enough.

1988 - ( madden 25 ) - 2015

Evolved to where they should be or No ? 27 years!

https://youtube.com/@storm_warningz?feature=shared

Last edited by StormsWarning; 06-22-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In this article Ian talks about the illusion of cutting left and right to hit the hole. While he did have some good ideas and wanted sim aspects, I don't think he had the same focus and desire to deliver sim that Cam and Rex do. I don't plan on hearing them talk about giving an illusion of anything when it comes to sim football.

I just quoted this because it was the closet but my general point is about this notion that Madden is somehow NOW officially, almost, on its' way, to being a football simulation. All the other stuff aside that has been talked about ad nauseam for years, let's just look at the actual game itself. This notion about we're headed in a sim direction has gotten ridiculous, imo and I've been guilty of it myself. Regardless of the good intentions, passion, talent or whatever of anyone working on the game, it can't arrive as a football sim until it has. I don't care what anyone says about the game, the actual product will speak for itself EVERY time.

Please spare me the spiel about "no video game is perfect", "Rome wasn't built in a day", yada, yada, yada, because there is a difference between a sim video game with unrealistic/arcade flaws versus a video game with intentionally designed unrealistic elements and it's very clear which group Madden STILL falls in.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

JP, I was in communication with Ian and all he wanted to do was make a simulation football game. There were other factors outside of Ian that prevented that.

When Ian took over, it was blame Ortiz. ( I was a part of that crowd, now, I'm older and wiser)

It's just a vicious, wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

I don't need to hear that 16 or 17 will be NFL sim football games, I need to see it without anyone else's bold crystal ball predictions.(not a slight at you, I was once enthusiastic too)

Although, I will say, just a gut, I have a slightly favorable impression, but I need to see more grand scale improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 8

We are not asking EA for much. Just clean up the core of the game. Animations,penalties,interactions,sliders that work,ratings that reflect gameplay.

Stop bringing in new features that make legacy issues stand out more.
Madden 15 is all about defense, but what stands out to someone who has been playing madden are the terrible tackle animations and lack of two and three man tackles.

If madden 15 just fixed the the things I stated above we could tweak the game to how we want it. That's our best bet to get a sim game from EA. Just fix the core stuff, give us sliders to everything and move out the way. This game can't go fully sim without EA making the tourney and online crowd mad. So it they have to choose between them and us I know who they are going to choose. We go through this same dance and pony show every year and now it's just comical to me. Some like me have already came to the conclusion that madden just isn't made for our crowd.
LA DODGERS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »