Home

Don Bradman Cricket 14: A Baseball Fan Takes a Look

This is a discussion on Don Bradman Cricket 14: A Baseball Fan Takes a Look within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
always wanted to learn to play cricket. I will be buying this up soon
Old 06-20-2014, 03:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Shane Warne Cricket '99

Best back then, still the best now (sadly)
Old 06-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonMoneyRondo
This is funny because im from australia and this just sounds like me when i picked up the first baseball game with mlb the show 09 on ps2.

and to correct you it is not an indie title but the budget for this game in minimal. not even close to a AAA title or anything like the madden or fifa franchise with a very low budget.

that said, it's probably one of the worst cricket games that have come out here since 2008 it has gone downhill over the last decade for cricket games.

EA sports did one in 2005 and 2007 that was great.

at least you enjoyed the game.
Wait, what?

Both the EA titles were bad jokes. Did you ever try sweeping a spinner, and miss?

The ball would hit you, you'd fall down (apparently dead - from being hit by a spinner :O ) and then the keeper would stump you.

Seriously, bro. This is far and away the best representation of cricket there has yet been. Playing the game feels much more like actually playing cricket, rather than playing a series of quick time events with a cricket graphic on top.

This game means I don't have to buy The Show anymore - I only ever bought The Show because there were no decent cricket games.

ocat: you've got some rose-tinted specs on. SWC/BLC didn't have no-balls, only gave wides if you played a stroke, flat out wouldn't run on Cyrix x86 CPU's and crashed often on AMD ones - and even crashed often on many 3DFX cards (including the one I had at the time) although one of the selling points was the 3DFX performance.

Yes, it was good at the time. It's not fit to clean the shoes of DBC 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #12
Rookie

Rhys1218's Arena

Great read! Being from the UK I might have to give this a try!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #13
Rookie

If this isn't the best cricket game then what is? Anybody know if it's available on disc and would play on an American system if I imported?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #14
Rookie

I would kill or die for an Australian Rules Football game to come out in the US...anything to get me away from the now annual EA Madden disappointment for a few years!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #15
Rookie

For all the newcomers . Being an ardent cricket fan I have suffered for years but finally a worthy game.
This game was started by a dev team and was in the making for years. And wow how
Fruitful are the results. It's the first ever cricket game with a career mode like be a pro
Also fifa has never added extra tournaments or patches 2 months after the game has released ,
But big ant studio has continued their support. This is my first comment ever on operation sports
And only cause I find this game and the efforts and post game patches worthy of it. Buy it
Enjoy it . It's coming to PC this month and ps4 soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #16
Rookie

P s. My brother lives in Toronto so had to mail him a copy and now we multiplayer like old times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »