Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #385
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Instead of making a real and compelling argument, his "selling basically the same game with different players in the software and a different picture on the cover" argument holds no water and would probably get him banned here in short order.

I wonder when he even last played a Madden or just listened to his son complain about it over a weekend.

It's unfortunate this is what you guys have for 'mainstream coverage' - and I like Florio.

It's also too bad he didn't do this earlier and save this thread from even existing since he confirmed with the league the license is exclusive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by mestevo; 06-20-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #386
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Nostalgia is quite selective as I was a Madden gamer way before I was a 2K gamer.

Yep, I still think the old ps2 Maddens are better than current ps3 version at least. Better mini games, a play editor, a vision cone that at least offers a mechanic to change the passing into something more challenging. More intuitive control map, more responsive controls where swat button was always a swat button...

Honestly, what has the new game brought in to change it up at all? Strategy pad? Gameflow? Throw a WR open with more dramatic tethered passing?

As far as Mike Florio goes, I'm glad at least someone in the media is saying something. Usually they are just spitting out clichés about how they don't know how EA continues to make the game even more realistic every year, but then mention the buzz word of the day (true step, protak, etc) and you can tell they have never touched the game in their life.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #387
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

In fairness imo, overall Madden on PS4 is better than the PS2 versions finally.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #388
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Instead of making a real and compelling argument, his "selling basically the same game with different players in the software and a different picture on the cover" argument holds no water and would probably get him banned here in short order.

I wonder when he even last played a Madden or just listened to his son complain about it over a weekend.

It's unfortunate this is what you guys have for 'mainstream coverage' - and I like Florio.

It's also too bad he didn't do this earlier and save this thread from even existing since he confirmed with the league the license is exclusive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I posted this in another thread:

I think it is important to note he is probably one of those "average" or "******" gamers people talk about. Thus, this is just one man's opinion but it shows that the "average joe" or "******" gamer is tired of the game as well.

I state this because I hear some people on OS are only the minority. And as I stated it is only one person but I think the ship is starting to sink.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #389
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
In fairness imo, overall Madden on PS4 is better than the PS2 versions finally.
Agreed, but only on the field and not by a lot. The franchise mode is vastly inferior.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #390
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Agreed, but only on the field and not by a lot. The franchise mode is vastly inferior.
Yeah I definitely was referring to strictly on the field. The interactions, variety in animations, controls, and presentation are all better than PS2. I do believe one of their mistakes was remapping the turbo button to the trigger when they moved to xbox 360. The animations were a lot smoother on PS2 though.

Franchise mode I haven't really touched the connected careers mode. Never really like the idea to begin with, and once I tried it I stumbled through everything. Wasn't really a streamlines experience like they explained it imo. I thoroughly enjoyed the PS2 franchise mode.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #391
Banned

OVR: 0

Regardless of anyones opinion of him, and I do tend to disagree with Florio sometimes as well, he does have a large audience. He appears on TV and radio all the time and a lot of people have the PFT app because they usually are only 2nd to Twitter at getting news out the fastest. It just feels good to not get the same drone message ESPN and the NFL Network gives us when discussing Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #392
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Just a hunch, but I doubt Florio has actually sat down and played Madden ever.

Anyway, I think Madden is a pretty good VIDEO GAME representation of what goes on in the football field, in fact since 2012 they have been improving the game at a pretty rapid pace considering their time constraints. I was a fan of 2K5 and I think it played a pretty good game of football but Madden eclipses it now and has eclipsed it for the past few years. People won't admit it, but the cool thing to do is to hate on Madden and it's a loud minority of people. Madden's sales have went down incrementally as has the whole game industry's, but I'd say the people who are voting with their dollars are saying they are liking what they are offering.

My major qualm with Madden though is that the game needs POLISH. That's something the PS2 era games had that the PS3 era didn't. Up until 2012 Maddens still felt way too rough around the edges and they have been doing a better job at trying to fix legacy issues and make the game feel more complete, but I still think there is room for improvement. 15 looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing and if it improves on 25 which was a very solid game then I will be happy.

Right now I'm higher on Madden 15 than I am on NBA 2K15 after how badly 2K screwed up their game modes on 2K14 and how the passing still is absolute garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »