Home

OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #41
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Do I like the defensive focus? Yes. Do think that:

-Most or all new additions will either not work properly or work way to well? Absolutely.

-The Colts might still use a #3 draft pick on a QB in year 1 and cut Andrew Luck in year 3? Yes.

-Schemes still won't work properly? Yes

-I can still run the same play over & over & over and the CPU be none the wiser? Yes.

-The XP system will still be jacked up? yes.

Will I buy it anyways? Yes. EA and exclusivity win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

i play coach mode, i try and get sliders etc that make things reasonable. qb acc for both teams is at 5, wr catching 25 yet 12-15 qbs every year hit 4k+ yards and over 70 acc. part of this is the classic defender stands there as russell wilson advance past the line of scrimmage and runs past (my favourite was him doing this past willis and bowman) or a 93 ovr db (95 prc and 90 awr) who moves out of the way of wilson to enable him to do this. we have all seen cover 2/3/4 dbs let someone go past them regularly.

offence sells madden, and yet i love defence
Old 06-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #43
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide

Will I buy it anyways? Yes. EA and exclusivity win.
Don't blame EA for this one.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
If you want a better product then don't buy the game. EA gets a pass every year because they know they are the only game in town and the incremental changes are not an accident. It's the illusion they use to make people believe they are giving you some brand new game with awesome changes when really they are feeding us cherry picked features from other older games. This year it's their old Madden 05 theme of Defense. The Ravens were SB champs back then if you recall and they had the same exact theme as this year's Madden. The defensive cam from Backbreaker, the power circle from 2k, just this time it's used for defense. These things are not innovative nor are they new. So in truth, you're still not getting a true next gen title. And until they rebuild Madden from the ground up we will get the same robotic animations we've been getting for years. Here's something you guys should check out. A very interesting video about a very interesting article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLSfjYZbT8

If you get a chance, watch some of his other vids as well. Very informative as to the problems with the game that any Sim guy will appreciate. And anyone else who may want to learn more about the sport we love.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #45
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide

-The Colts might still use a #3 draft pick on a QB in year 1 and cut Andrew Luck in year 3? Yes.
To make it more realistic, they should have the Colts giving their pick to the Browns for a suspended Josh Gordon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #46
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Yes and no. They are making improvements beyond the superfluous. The problem still exists though, the very foundation of the game is broken. The very engine the game is built on is fundamentally incapable of replicating football. This game still seems to be running on that horrible animation engine from 2006 when the 360/Ps3 came out. The foundation was broken then even when compared to previous iterations of Madden, and its previous competitors. 8 years later and it really doesn't seems we have moved beyond that base. The game needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, down to the very first line of code.

If you have a decrepit house, and decide to fix it up by by repainting it, giving it new appliances, and placing some editions onto it, all the while ignoring the crumbling foundation, are you moving that house in the right direction?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #47
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
I bought every edition of Madden since it first came out on PS2. Last year was the first year didn't buy a new copy within a week of it's release. I waited and bought a used copy for PS3. I didn't even buy M25 for PS4.

As Jerros mentioned earlier, EA is using the same gimmick and sales pitch as they did for M05. As soon as I heard that, I decided I was done purchasing the game. I've been fooled the last 5 or 6 times by their slick sales pitches and hollow promises.

I understand why EA won't give an absolutely complete game: why would I have to buy another game if I just bought the perfect one? I just don't understand why I came away more and more disappointed each year.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #48
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I bought every edition of Madden since it first came out on PS2. Last year was the first year didn't buy a new copy within a week of it's release. I waited and bought a used copy for PS3. I didn't even buy M25 for PS4.

As Jerros mentioned earlier, EA is using the same gimmick and sales pitch as they did for M05. As soon as I heard that, I decided I was done purchasing the game. I've been fooled the last 5 or 6 times by their slick sales pitches and hollow promises.

I understand why EA won't give an absolutely complete game: why would I have to buy another game if I just bought the perfect one? I just don't understand why I came away more and more disappointed each year.

Perfect in what sense, the entire package or just the gameplay? There's always something to add to a stellar product.

There is a percentage of gamer that simply wants the shiniest and newest with the most updated roster; the addition of a real immersive pregame, halftime, and post game show; how about real breakdown of key plays during the halftime and post game shows; maybe there is a subset that simply buys it for the new cover athlete; create a ficticious college football mode that meshes with the NFL portion since the NCAA no longer has a football game; how about a limited amount of autograph cards of whatever athlete randomized for both XB1 and PS4 units; how about past legends, etc. you name it.

Whatever that "perfect" game may be developed, there's always stuff you can add and market to bait and hook gamers
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »