Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #361
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Wont light a fire, only declining sales will. Lower the sales, more pressure from corporate and NFL to make a better product or license opens up or goes to somebody else.

Right now, i believe there may be a declining trend in madden sales annually, but not big enough to make a difference.
That's been the recommendation on OS for the past decade, don't buy the game, but so far, Madden has held on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
Wow, so much for that theory that the "simheads" are in the minority, and the general gaming public could care less about all the issues we bring up on here. You have Florio on NBC (national tv) saying Madden sucks, the other game was better,and that EA killed the competition be because they feared that other game .

He said exactly what was said here, except he said it on national tv. Did anyone think that would actually happen? That might light a fire under EA's butt.
It won't. As long as the NFL continues to promote the game, this comment will be disregarded. We must remember, this is one man's opinion. What if the anchors on ESPN began giving praise to Madden? Would you have the same sentiments?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #363
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
He said Madden sucks. Has sucked for last 10 years. Said cover vote is stupid because what's in the box is trash. He did research because he had forgotten what had happened and that 2K5 was better than anything Madden has put out even though it came out in 1995 (his words, not mine). Says EA went exclusive rather than making a better product. Problem is no competition. Hopes "the band can get back together" and make 2K5 again.
So, did he take a dump on the title or simply fart in its face? LOL @ the vitriol comments, if only they would go viral.

I do not see this going far enough to impugn the company considering the company already acknowledges the madden title has been in the dumps (quality improvement and innovation wise).

Will ******s even catch this or will it simply go undetected under the radar?

I side with the latter and the SIM Community has already aired out Madden's dirty laundry for the last decade of next gen gaming - i do not see him, Mike Torila? Changing any minds.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #364
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Also, EA is partnered with PFT's competitor: PFF - this could simply be jabs at EA out of spite and bravado more than anything else that would actually bare significance.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #365
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Also, EA is partnered with PFT's competitor: PFF - this could simply be jabs at EA out of spite and bravado more than anything else that would actually bare significance.
Pro Football Talk is a news blog.

Pro Football Focus is a stats and performance analysis site.

The only thing the two sites have in common is the first two words of their names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #366
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Pro Football Talk is a news blog.

Pro Football Focus is a stats and performance analysis site.

The only thing the two sites have in common is the first two words of their names.
Thanks - I stand jnformed.

I must be thinking of another major site that offers stats and analysis on those stats.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #367
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Wont light a fire, only declining sales will. Lower the sales, more pressure from corporate and NFL to make a better product or license opens up or goes to somebody else.

Right now, i believe there may be a declining trend in madden sales annually, but not big enough to make a difference.
Madden sold a lot more when they didn't have the exclusive license, a lot more.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #368
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgramps
It won't. As long as the NFL continues to promote the game, this comment will be disregarded. We must remember, this is one man's opinion. What if the anchors on ESPN began giving praise to Madden? Would you have the same sentiments?
No, I wouldn't,but what if anchors on ESPN say the same thing Florio did ? I'm just floored that he actually said it. I'm floored that he actually gave a darn about Madden to actually trash it and then bring up the other game.

Madden is part of NFL culture. It will take a lot more than one crappy console generation to change that. This could be the start of that change.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »