Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 01:46 AM   #257
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Should I just accept the fact that there will never be another Football game other than Madden? I still have this idealistic notion that some company will rise up eventually and produce a Full Licensed NFL Game.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #258
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
Should I just accept the fact that there will never be another Football game other than Madden? I still have this idealistic notion that some company will rise up eventually and produce a Full Licensed NFL Game.
There are other NFL-licensed football games - most recently, the upcoming Football Heroes: Pro Edition on mobile platforms - and other football games in general - Goal Line Blitz, tXtFL and other text simulators, and so on.

That said, I wouldn't expect any football AAA console video games not from EA Sports anytime soon, no.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #259
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There are other NFL-licensed football games - most recently, the upcoming Football Heroes: Pro Edition on mobile platforms - and other football games in general - Goal Line Blitz, tXtFL and other text simulators, and so on.

That said, I wouldn't expect any football AAA console video games not from EA Sports anytime soon, no.
Thanks. It's been a long 10 years. We'll probably have to wait another full 10 to see something released on the Consoles. Who knows maybe EA will pull it together somewhere down the line and produce an awesome game.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:37 AM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Yoooooooooooooo, thanks for stealing my post. Looks like we were on the same page . lol. But that's a first I saw someone stall every word I wrote. That's true thievery. I love it. Thanks man. Now go to 2k twitter and flood em with #bringbackAPFWITHUS&KICKSTARTER
First of all, I never saw your post at all. Every word I wrote was from me but if its the same line of thinking then we are on the same page. But I want to be clear I NEVER saw or read your post. Trust me, I can send you the transcript of the idea I wrote out which is 4 pages long which details what 2k could do to make a successful game IMO. Anyway, just wanted to be clear. NEVER read your post bro. AT ALL.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:52 AM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Hey since buddy plagiarized my earlier post, it's only right I respond to you. I got the idea not info from looking at APF and Backbreaker. Also the many other generic titles that have been released. Also the fact that EA's team builder and team slots meant the use could have a bigger role in the first of customization and team creation or edits. The cloud, man if they just use the cloud, make a shell of a game and we customize it to to depth or death or deff that generic game becomes the real deal. Eff the license. That like buying a Benz to Impress people in school and your the most popular student. Buy the optima and save money for gas. It's simple. But 2k has to be down to, or better yet Visual Concepts. Visual concepts is the problem b and Scott Paterson. I do have a game concept on paper that will kill all of these games but I'm nobody. I sent it to Leigh Steinberg and VC. All we need is a real Dev, and kickstarter or fund raza to get this going. No more game being sold every year yo. They can just update the joint through cloud.
And I will respond in turn. I got the idea in my head from watching NFL converted APF rosters on youtube along with Backbreaker, but more importantly, from knowing how HUGE the mod community is already for 2k's NBA series on the PC. Also, I referenced Skyrim as an example of a game that has FULL customization from importing new models down to brand new textures. Hell, you can create all new worlds with total conversions. Granted, that game is an rpg but the idea is the same. The loophole for getting around the license is right there. All we need are the tools and vola, a new NFL game is born and we can give both EA and the NFL the finger in the process. In my write up I even talk about how Backbreaker has both an NFL and NCAA conversion. The possibilities are limitless. All 2k would have to do is make the damn game. Again, no plagiarism here. Was an idea I had that I wrote 4 pages outlining the blueprint. I was going to originally post the whole thing on 2k forums but it seems 2k could care less at this time. Still, I can't see why it wouldn't work. I can send the pages or post them here and you can clearly see I have a ton of ideas. But yeah, wanted to be CRYSTAL CLEAR, I did no COPY YOUR idea. Far from it. You want the transcript just say the word and I'll send it your way. Maybe you can add to it. Also, there's another guy on youtube with some very progressive ideas as well that I may add at some later time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #262
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Madden NFL 2005 (North America) PS2 4.18 million units + XB 1.61 million units = 5.79 million units.

ESPN NFL 2k5 (North America) PS2 2.15 million units + XB .1.54 million units = 3.69 million units.
That's all the info you need right there. 2K made a huge leap forward in one dev cycle and I believe had it not been for EA buying the exclusive rights , what would have been NFL 2K6 would have out sold Madden 06 forcing EA to step up their game or pack it in.

Man how I would have loved to live in that world for the past 10 years.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #263
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
That's all the info you need right there. 2K made a huge leap forward in one dev cycle and I believe had it not been for EA buying the exclusive rights , what would have been NFL 2K6 would have out sold Madden 06 forcing EA to step up their game or pack it in.

Man how I would have loved to live in that world for the past 10 years.
It all depends on your product, but growth tends to be logarithmic in this case, not linear or exponential.

Eventually you start running out of football gamers in general, you know what I mean? This also hinges on the fact that everybody would have paid a $60 for NFL 2K6 as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 3
How do you like your cable provider? Madden is the same thing, no competition is always bad for the consumer.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »