Home

OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2014, 02:16 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I just don't understand how 2k who has less than half the development team madden has finds a way to put in 3-4x the features in the same cycle that madden has? I think that's where the frustration lies. Other games blow us away with numerous new features that the community asks for while madden does not. You see devs for FIFA, 2k, the show, EA MMA all on these forums while I never see any ea madden guys on here anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong but last I remember was Ian. I think I'm getting sidetracked but my point was that ea seems to not care about making a football simulation game the past few years. I think that is changing with this regime however. I like the direction and everything I'm hearing but it's just not enough year in and year out compared to what other games are doing.
This exactly ^^^. That is one of the things for sure. However, I will say, I like Rex's mind set about "building". That being said, they need to be able to do more each cycle. Give us a complete game. There will never be no more things to add to make the game realistic and great.

Great post...
Old 06-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #34
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I dug this up to make a point.

Ten years after madden 2005, EA is still not listening. We get the same old crappy game they gave us at the changeover to PS3 in 2006, just with prettier player models. Why? Because 2006 was the beginning of the "exclusive license" era and the end of market competition.

IF YOU ARE SIM, EA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

EA is in the business of selling pretty looking games that barely function to 8 year olds who know nothing of the sport. That is their bread and butter and it has not changed in the last 10 years.

This philosophy, called "pickup and play" has killed this game. Killed it deader than hell. It looks arcade, plays arcade, and because of the exclusive license will have no significant challengers.

THIS GAME WILL SUCK

You know how I know? Because the ENTIRE PS3/Xbox360 generation of games sucked. Read the Original Post of this thread. None of those great PS2 features ever made it to last gen. And they won't make it to this one either.

I'm not a malcontent. Read my threads and posts, I tried like hell to get EA to make some of these changes when I had their ear. But the bottom line is that EA corporate (not the dev team) is calling the shots. They want pretty player models and could give a damn about the sim part of the game. They are afraid that if they give us a sim game that kids won't be able to pick it up and throw TDs five minutes after ripping off the plastic wrapper.

WE NEED ANOTHER GAME

EA will never relinquish the exclusive license. So my new mission is this: Madden Strategic. A purely sim game, with last gen graphics so that all that next gen power can be put into proper physics and strategic AI. I will do all I can, up to and including raising money for the project myself.

EA has produced multiple games before, so there is precedent here. But sim is dead for standard madden, and it's never coming back. A separate game that's strictly for sim players is our only hope of getting back to the 2005 quality Madden experience.
Discussion can be continued HERE
Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10
No the focus should be on putting out a game that isn't a hold over till next year. They say to often "next year." Who wants to hear next year when your buying the game this year. How bout take time of. Up date what you have out, and release a game that you feel is 100 % complete. Take all the testers from three private sessions and let them get it in, point out what's go and won't.

So trying to push us to all digital, just full up the disk, and sorry with DLC. Who cares how long it takes to upload the first time. Is the first time! We have 500 GB. Then the cable providers are trying to limit downloads, yet we have to much storage. This is backwards. Focus on putting our a top notch game.

Ib will say I like what they are doing, but it's not enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #36
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

NO!

They game won't be right until it animates realistically.

How can you improve coverage without addressing WR/DB interaction, for example? How can you defend the run without steering for ALL d-linemen? Without gap/contain assignments? For them to have focused on defense, they left a lot out.

And basic things like footwork. I'm not seeing True Step. I've seen several ball carriers swerving up & down the field. How can the spacing & timing of the game be right if the players don't move about realistically?

But hey, it's early. They held onto improvements and turned off features in early vids last year. Hopefully there's a lot more coming. Until then, no!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 29

Given that I haven't seen any actual football in the videos thus far I'm going with no
Old 06-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I still believe (as I did in November) that they should have delayed a Madden release on next-gen until this year. NCAA did this with 07 on 360 and it was a smart decision. Madden would have been better served to do it with 06 - I don't think anyone would argue with me on that point.

That being said this was the most complete first release on a new system Madden ever. Which isn't saying much.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #39
Rookie

How about they get simple things right. It doesn't snow that much at game time every week. You can have piles of snow on the sideline and it be cold. It does not have to snow every game because it doesn't come close in real life.

The other thing that makes no sense it 1pm west coast games have 4:30pm east coast shadows and shade on the field. That also makes no sense.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
Im still not sure why we didnt have a madden 14? Madden 25? The game should be somewhat better than last years but how can it not be. The list of improvements sounds pretty nice but how can we have icing without cake? Im still afraid that there will be glaring holes in gameplay along with a broken franchise mode. I could care less about graphics, (to a point) presentation, mut, ect. Just give me a all around good gameplay with adaptive ai and a franchise mode that I can immerse myself in forever! "Focus Daniel Son!" Madden is simply getting sucked into another cycle of poor overall games. It sounds like they have good intentions but the overall vision is not there.

EA's only intention with Madden is to sell games. They ****ed up their NBA live money trying to make it play like NBA 2k. They aren't about to do anything drastic such as make a complete game to **** up the next year's Madden money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »