Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #401
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
I rarely go more than a year the way it is now because there is a new game every year. I play every game 12 min qtrs. Why would I want to waste my time playing in a D-League. training camp, etc. Don't know why so many want that.
I think people just like the options. They want that "grind" element represented in the game. A bit of risk/reward for MyPlayer mode. Perform well and you can go number 1 overall, suck it up though and you may go undrafted and have to claw your way to the league. Nothing is guaranteed. Right now, you can suck it up during the showcase and still be a 1st rounder.

And while I didn't play it much, the D-league was a nice option to have in the Association Mode. I only played 2 or 3 games trying to get some reps for my SG (who ended up being a bust). But it was a nice addition and I found me a nice backup PF who could dunk and rebound. Options are a win for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #402
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

I loved playing d league games, but I'm still waiting to hear about association mode/option to control every team, and player lock.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
I rarely go more than a year the way it is now because there is a new game every year. I play every game 12 min qtrs. Why would I want to waste my time playing in a D-League. training camp, etc. Don't know why so many want that.
I think the more options, the better. I believe a game is at its best when it gives gamers an opportunity to carve out their own path. For you, that may mean playing every single game of a season, 12 minute quarters. Other people, meanwhile, may prefer to have focus paid to other aspects in addition to on-court gameplay, whether that be managerial or authentic career-based.

For me, having Summer League, Training Camp, Draft Combine, and D-League really helped flesh out the experience of MyPlayer (and Association where applicable). In fact, my favorite moment of MyPlayer occurred early in my first endeavor, upon finally being called up from the Bakersfield Jam in NBA 2K10.

I think it'd be awesome to have a playable (and editable) D-League in Association. It was always a blast to play my MVP Baseball season (2005) with my big league club, then take a step down every now and again to see how my Mud Hens were doing, getting a feel for my prospects or catching how one of my boys was doing on rehab.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-18-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #404
Rookie

pr3ston's Arena

anyone know if the Hornets will be in?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #405
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3ston
anyone know if the Hornets will be in?
Almost certain they'll be in, depending when they'll reveal their jerseys and uniforms we could see those not in at launch without a patch, can't remember well what happened on 2K at that time but Live didn't have their uniforms and were later added via patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #406
Rookie

If it's anything like the Pelicans they will reveal their jerseys sometime this summer and they will be in game on launch day.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #407
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think the more options, the better. I believe a game is at its best when it gives gamers an opportunity to carve out their own path. For you, that may mean playing every single game of a season, 12 minute quarters. Other people, meanwhile, may prefer to have focus paid to other aspects in addition to on-court gameplay, whether that be managerial or authentic career-based.

For me, having Summer League, Training Camp, Draft Combine, and D-League really helped flesh out the experience of MyPlayer (and Association where applicable). In fact, my favorite moment of MyPlayer occurred early in my first endeavor, upon finally being called up from the Bakersfield Jam in NBA 2K10.

I think it'd be awesome to a playable (and editable) D-League in Association. It was always a blast to play my MVP Baseball season (2005) with my big league club, then take a step down every now and again to see how my Mud Hens were doing, getting a feel for my prospects or catching how one of my boys was doing on rehab.

I still remember my first time playing MyPlayer on 2k10. I was a late first rounder or early second rounder can't remember, but I didn't make the team and got sent to the D-league. I played for the Maine Red Claws awhile, until I finally got called up to the Houston Rockets who were a force at the time with Yao Ming and T-mac. I didn't come in and start every game, I didn't dominate games, I just came off the bench for T-mac averaging around 13ppg. We ended up winning a championship and the season froze after that. Short story is grinding and making a team is much more fun and rewarding than coming in and averaging a triple double in your rookie season. That season on 2k10 was more fun than any other MyPlayer season other than 2k11's I'd say was the same. I can't play "MyCareer". It's corny and catered to kids.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #408
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiTMac
If there's no 30 team Control in season mode, i'm not buying 2k15. As Simple as that
A-freakin-men

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »