Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Watching this vid just is disappointing. All 2k had to do was upgrade this game. They must not care about modding so you can add real payers and teams. This game looks so fluid I thought it was a real game till it got up close. I can't get with those controls. Or the graphics. But put an updated version of that out and I'm sure people would but. They just have to market it correctly. Tell everyone how to make it real. May sell it only as a DLC and release a demo. Is easier advertising on the console. Your she to see it in the Today menu on the PS.

This is depressing loll. The running, blocking, catch animations etc. Put that out today with all of the controls we have, man listen.

The only people to blame is 2k an us. We how demand then to fee make this man whose about to pay a game from 7 years so. This also shows that a game should be able to last forever. Greed killed games. 2k killed them stores by not being greedy. I don't understand why someone hasn't gone to 2k and said do a kick starter, we raid the money they need to make amature football and basketball, AND Pro football games. Then we go from there. Even they pry that over the first year make some upgrades to where they can you got a great game. We just have to be able to add teams and logos. Like backbreaker. Full post session mode, enough team does to mimic the real thing. They just make the shell leave the rest to us.

That would be perfect in my opinion.

I'm gonna start a hash tag on 2k twitter. #bringbackfootballwithusandkickstarter

Let's flood em. At least put out the sorry and so crying like girls. Lol Lombardi
We've been using the Hex Editor and the All-Pro Editor to keep APF2K8 alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #186
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
We do not know what you do, but by your remarks it doesn't sound like you own a business that employs hundreds of employees or else you would understand where we are coming from.

On a side note, the NFLs #1 priority is a strong brand name. EAs #1 is the bottom line. Neither of these parties have gameplay as a top priority. Sure, we as consumers suffer, but once people accept the fact that we are not top priority then you give yourself the chance to actually enjoy anything you invest money in.

This journey that brought us to M15 started with the vision on M13. Stop comparing it to games of the past or other sports games. It's a waste of time. Do your research, play the game before you buy, and make a decision. Your life will be easier by not looking for faults.
^ The fact that a game made here in 2014, yes 2014, is constantly critiqued against a game that was made nearly 10 years ago means that obviously the older game is relevant. While the comparisons to games of other sports can get a bit over the top, i think for most of us it just comes down to the fact that they are good games, and madden is not. what else are we supposed to do, people say stop comparing it to the past, so we compare to things present, which is OTHER SPORTS GAMES... then they come back and say stop comparing it to other sports games. so what are we supposed to do? just ignore it and give EA a pat on the back and say "you tried, good job..." Yeah, I don't think so. In real life there are no pats on the back and participation awards. You either deliver or you don't. And if you can't, then we have to find a replacement that will.

The fact that I consider buying a PS2 just to play 2k5 shows that EA has not delivered and need to go. It won't happen, but a man can still dream right?

Last edited by HingleMcCringleberry; 06-14-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #187
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
We do not know what you do, but by your remarks it doesn't sound like you own a business that employs hundreds of employees or else you would understand where we are coming from.

On a side note, the NFLs #1 priority is a strong brand name. EAs #1 is the bottom line. Neither of these parties have gameplay as a top priority. Sure, we as consumers suffer, but once people accept the fact that we are not top priority then you give yourself the chance to actually enjoy anything you invest money in.

This journey that brought us to M15 started with the vision on M13. Stop comparing it to games of the past or other sports games. It's a waste of time. Do your research, play the game before you buy, and make a decision. Your life will be easier by not looking for faults.
He's right. Just look up OldManWilliams on YouTube. He's a former game changer of EA Sports and he'll flat out tell you that they're in there to maintain the status quo as it pertains to this game.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #188
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine76
He's right. Just look up OldManWilliams on YouTube. He's a former game changer of EA Sports and he'll flat out tell you that they're in there to maintain the status quo as it pertains to this game.
That dude is hilarious.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #189
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
And that is exactly why you don't own a business, man.

Guess what? Even though people are clamoring for competition to return, EA is STILL making more money than they ever did when they had that competition. Why would they care? Why would they want that competition back if they are making more money?

You can say you would do this or that all you want, even if you would if you were in that position...that would make you the worst businessman ever and you would be fired or tank your entire business because of the way you are thinking.

The only reason you are thinking the way you are right now is because that is what you want as a consumer. But you wouldn't want to do that as a businessman. Hence why I said what I said.

You can argue it till the cows come home but you're just dead wrong. Anyone in their right mind would have done exactly what EA did.

Oh and let us not forget that THE NFL WAS THE ONE WHO WAS SHOPPING THEIR EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS AROUND. EA didn't just say hey, let us buy the rights to get rid of the competition. The NFL MADE THIS HAPPEN!

So again I say, stop trying to villainize EA in a situation where they made the only logical choice presented to them. A choice everyone in the same position would have made. Hate them for making a terrible game, sure (I do). But learn a little bit about the situation before jumping to the conclusions that you all are jumping to
Just out of curiosity, do you care about the facts or are you content believing what you believe? I only ask because if you care about the facts I'll try to find a links for you if not I'll just leave it be, as others have.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #190
Banned

No Madden for me. I don't support monopolistic practices.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #191
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Obviously, those 2k8 show a lot of problems with madden for the past decade. And, it is depressing watching that footage and wondering where football games could be right now. I'll tell the one thing in particular I see in all of those clips that so distinguishes this game from madden and could go towards helping madden if they figure out how to implement it. Every single player at every single point during the play is either looking at the football or u can tell they have some sort of awareness of where the football is. They also have awareness of players around them. Not only does this greatly affect gameplay, but it also greatly affects animations. Every single player is reacting to the football, which, of course makes sense. U see their heads turn towards it, they reach their arms out for it. This might be one of the biggest spots that madden has just never figured out. It's almost a philosophical thing. 2k told their developers, 'make the players real and have sense, particularly to have sense of where the ball is and respond to that.' Madden has always said, 'ok, if CB x is on WR y, and they have a rating differential of x-y+randomNumber*calculation, then the WR y wins.' The ball is thrown, the catch is made. The outcomes always feel scripted, and madden hopes the animations play out alright. Instead of simply creating the physics of the game and letting the players play. And, don't get me wrong, I feel they are finally approaching this. The shift to the infinity engine shows that. They finally decided to actually include a physics engine which would have seemed a no brainer (for 2k, it was obviously a no brainer). For me, I was extremely impressed with madden 13 (personalizing my sliders helped. Out of the box, the game was still flawed to be sure). For their first attempt at real time physics, they actually did a pretty good job (or, FIFA did a good job and then offered their source code as a base. Lol). I played at least 5 seasons over the year with that game, and right before 25 came out, I was STILL seeing animations I had never seen before. They squirelled something with 25 though and sort of made it a combo of RTP and too much scripting. Anyways, 15 is looking better and the graphics at least are hitting true. The game footage looks promising (all-pro skill level) and I think will be an improvement. But, I still think that that one thing is missing and may always be missing and that is that idea of having every player simply be their 'own' player and act and respond to the ball and to players in their vicinity. That's why they all look like robots. Maybe, 15 is trying that, but to be sure, to date, it definitely feels as if ALL maddens of the past were NOT even trying to implement this philosophy. FIFA has done a fabulous job with that. I totally feel like I'm playing with a bunch of individual players, NOT a bunch of robots that simply turn at the same time and coordinate with each other where to go. Hopefully, madden is actually on the right path, but man would I love to play ESPN 2k15 instead. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #192
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Rex says they like to be challenged. We, the community, challenged them back in 2009 when they were making Madden 10 to match 2k5's tackling and to this day they have not met this challenge. They gone around it with Pro-Tak, they've added physics and they still haven't met this challenge. What else do they need? Ohhh I know, next year. Always next year.

And for those who say Rex wasn't around then. I know. But I know Rex doesn't write code either.
If he doesn't write code, what's he good for? (Rhetorical question)
I believe the biggest problem with Madden is that they use too many gameplay designers. The game of football already exists. COPY IT! There is nothing to "design".
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »