Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Just got the game today. Very disappointed to see so many teams with generic jerseys. I purchased this game to play with the obscure teams and those teams visually don't look good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 1

The roster glitch still is there on my 360. I downloaded the most recent roster updates, and was so excited (sarcasm) to have Julian Green and his 63OVR rating instead of Landon Donovan and his 79OVR on the USMNT. I then started up a new World Cup, made no roster changes, and ended up with Donovan, Boyd, and a couple others who aren't on the team.

Same glitch when you try to make changes to the roster as well. In fact, it wouldn't even let me swap out the final four spots. Somehow in moving guys around I ended up without a backup goalie due to the glitch in one tournament.

So annoying. Seems as though it should be a simple error to fix. Worked fine on WC 2010 (and FIFA 13 and 14 for that matter with the national teams).
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #123
Just started!

Hi,

Thanks for the post about World Cup. Just a tip about those who don't live in countries that stream world cup online. You can use UnoTelly to remove the geoblock and stream World Cup 2014 in your country free https://worldcup.unotelly.com
Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Anyone else has problem with Mexico in RTWC mode. Game freezing when play Mexico home match, also if play away match against Mexico.
I have no problems before the latest Squad update.
Yep its not just Mexico! Its with a whole heap of home teams and it occurs when you play in the Amsterdam Arena! goisles01 made this post about it which sums it up
"The latest roster updates have caused a game crippling bug, at least in "Road to World Cup" mode. Some countries default home stadium has defaulted to "Amsterdam Arena". When you click on "play match" the game will freeze deader than dead. When your countries home arena is "Amsterdam", and you're not the Netherlands, you can't play any home qualifiers or friendlies or any road matches that have the bug. You can find out which match has the bug by viewing the calendar. If a match shows time and stadium then its safe to be played, if it doesn't it shouldn't be played under any circumstance unless you like hard resets. This is a list of countries that I found to have the bug so far...

Argentina
Mexico
Italy
Chile
Honduras
Ghana

I found that simulating through the matches works, but this makes the game unplayable and absolutely needs to be fixed."

Does anyone know when a patch is going to be released?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 AM   #125
Just started!

any squad update released after 3 june?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 10

Can someone explain concisely what the issue seems to be with the new roster update with respect to the players on the 23 man squad? And did this occur with the squads that came with the game because that's what I have and I've been setting rosters and not finding any problems.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:13 AM   #127
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had the game for a day now so I figured I'd add my two cents...

Very enjoyable. The gameplay is fine by me. I'm using the same sliders I have on FIFA 14 which I found somewhere on this forum earlier in the year. The only difference is that I turned down the CPU keeper ability three notches because goalkeeping is noticeably better than FIFA 14.

It is true that not every nation has their kits but the major teams are covered (as well as teams like Ireland) and the generic kits look better in this game than the generic kits in FIFA 14. The generic stadiums are also much better. The one stadium is clearly based off of the Philadelphia Union's PPL Park (please have that in FIFA 15 ).

Story of Qualifying is very fun. You can go back and re-play some of the more significant qualifying games from all the regions. In some you start in the middle of the game and others you play all 90'. It's just like Match-Day Challenges in FIFA 14. It's a good way to gain some FIFA Football Club XP and credits since there are so many scenarios to play. You can spend the credits in the FIFA WC catalog or go back and spend them in FIFA 14 (which is nice because you only get those two Match-Day Challenges a week to build up credits in 14).

Story of Finals just opened today. It's the same as Story of Qualifying but with the current World Cup. Yesterday's challenge was to pick up as Brazil right after Marcello's own goal and win the game 3-1.

The presentation is great. Lots of fan interactions. For example if you play as the U.S., it will show people watching by the Capitol building in D.C. after a goal. The camera will often show the manager reacting to something. The soundtrack is ok and the colors really give off the Brazil vibe.

The only problem I have just occurred. I completed three Story of Qualifying challenges but I didn't get any Football Club XP or credits. Might be something with the EA serves. Hopefully it gets added at some point. That was a lot of time wasted if not.

Considering the World Cup just started, there's so many teams, and there's so many scenarios to play, I would buy it if you have the money. Even after the real WC ends you could go back and try to qualify with every country.

Last edited by ChangeUp106; 06-13-2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Yep its not just Mexico! Its with a whole heap of home teams and it occurs when you play in the Amsterdam Arena! goisles01 made this post about it which sums it up
"The latest roster updates have caused a game crippling bug, at least in "Road to World Cup" mode. Some countries default home stadium has defaulted to "Amsterdam Arena". When you click on "play match" the game will freeze deader than dead. When your countries home arena is "Amsterdam", and you're not the Netherlands, you can't play any home qualifiers or friendlies or any road matches that have the bug. You can find out which match has the bug by viewing the calendar. If a match shows time and stadium then its safe to be played, if it doesn't it shouldn't be played under any circumstance unless you like hard resets. This is a list of countries that I found to have the bug so far...

Argentina
Mexico
Italy
Chile
Honduras
Ghana

I found that simulating through the matches works, but this makes the game unplayable and absolutely needs to be fixed."

Does anyone know when a patch is going to be released?
Try redownloading the roster update. I redownloaded mine and it's working fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »