Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ya pretty sad when a game made almost 10 years ago still plays better realistic football than madden now. Could you imagine a 2k nfl game now on ng systems. Madden would be like live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
In my opinion, people are getting mad at the wrong company. If there is a company to be mad at, be mad at the NFL and not EA / 2K .
EA makes the game, a subpar game. Things many said would happen to madden after exclusivitiy has essentially happened. No competition means no incentive to upgrade the game. Now it is a stretch to say they have not upgraded the game, but the point was if they are not being pushed, then they can add things that should of been added at their own pace. it took EA 5 years to get online franchise and we are now in year 9 and no gang tackling. It took them two years to even fix the damn wind being wrong.

I can list a whole lot of things that they said are improved and didnt. How many years to do we have to see a q&A with a person from ea saying "Ratings now matter", so it didnt matter before? why have ratings then? why have public ratings?

I think people have every right to be made at EA.

It is pretty simple, if madden was actually a good game, i dont think EA would get a lot of heat from their customers as they do today.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I would LOVE for mr REX to come in this thread poppin off at the mouth about a challenge he has already Lost, LOL.
Rex says they like to be challenged. We, the community, challenged them back in 2009 when they were making Madden 10 to match 2k5's tackling and to this day they have not met this challenge. They gone around it with Pro-Tak, they've added physics and they still haven't met this challenge. What else do they need? Ohhh I know, next year. Always next year.

And for those who say Rex wasn't around then. I know. But I know Rex doesn't write code either.

Last edited by LBzrule; 06-13-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Rex says they like to be challenged. We, the community, challenged them back in 2009 when they were making Madden 10 to match 2k5's tackling and to this day they have not met this challenge. They gone around it with Pro-Tak, they've added physics and they still haven't met this challenge. What else do they need?

And for those who say Rex wasn't around then. I know. But I know Rex doesn't write code either.
Empty challenge by Rex, it is quite comical. One of those things you watch years down the line and just cringe.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #109
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
My thoughts exactly in bold. But the average internet forum goer who gets deeply involved in football gaming communities--who also tends to be a simhead/franchise aficionado to a larger degree than the general consumer base--dismisses that reality entirely. The very notion that the majority who buys this game is largely unconcerned with these things, is usually considered blasphemous and is met with strong ire by said goer.
I might have agreed with this five years ago, but I think the average consumer (gamer) deserves more credit. It's not that difficult to go on youtube to see the latest videos of madden, and how flawed it has been over the years. Especially in comparison to quality products like nba2k, MLB the show. We are in the golden years of the free Information age. I think the younger kids that just want to cheese you in online games may not care about the details, but most knowledgable football fans.. I believe.. Want a representative product.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #110
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

TakeTwo is a product of their own football game demise: they undersold a valuable product whose immediate competitor (EA) had more power.

If this ttrend stuck, would it be realistic or even reasonable to continue selling NFL video games for far less than NBA titles?

2K hurt their own pockets and in a passive aggressive way they slapped the NFL in the face by cheapening the product with such low standards for price points.

I was on a strictly EA Sports diet when NFL 2k and other competitors were around - EA had that power over me. It was not until NBA Elite dropped that I dropped my bias affection for EA.

Since then, we have seen NCAA Football drop and that title had no immediate competition, similar to Madden.

It is fair to conclude that EA can be the target of their own worst enemy. I am less loyal to EA based on their product value alone, nothing else matters.

NBA2K11 was a dream come true for me that I would never have experienced had EA delivered a valuable product that was in line w the standards of the day.

Competition can be a fickle matter

I learned in the movie JOBS that Steve Jobs preached to be different and in effect "challenge yourself to be uniquely great".

Who was JOBS competitor when he dropped the iPod?

It was this attitude of pioneering greatness and having a steadfast desire to satisfy the consumer's social status cravings that propelled Apple to the pinnacle of businsss sucess - Most Valuable Company in the World!

Creating a valuable brand always begins with your willpower and vision: the onus is on EA Tiburon and nobody else.

How is it that the most popular sport in America is not the highest selling sports video game title in America?

Madden currently serves more as a fix for the addict than it does a box of chocolates for a lover.

Is it possible for Madden to produce a ★★★★★ product annualy? Based on their financial resources, human capital talent, exclusive license, and brand power: I believe it is complacent and unjust for them not to.

A company like Apple does not need exclusive rights: they are forever blazing a trail for followers.

Jobs made it not only his job but his passion to ensure that every consumer be the utmost proud of his product / their purchase - he wished to suffer them no remorse, no shame: but pure joy and satisfaction.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
TakeTwo is a product of their own football game demise: they undersold a valuable product whose immediate competitor (EA) had more power.

If this ttrend stuck, would it be realistic or even reasonable to continue selling NFL video games for far less than NBA titles?

2K hurt their own pockets and in a passive aggressive way they slapped the NFL in the face by cheapening the product with such low standards for price points.

I was on a strictly EA Sports diet when NFL 2k and other competitors were around - EA had that power over me. It was not until NBA Elite dropped that I dropped my bias affection for EA.

Since then, we have seen NCAA Football drop and that title had no immediate competition, similar to Madden.

It is fair to conclude that EA can be the target of their own worst enemy. I am less loyal to EA based on their product value alone, nothing else matters.

NBA2K11 was a dream come true for me that I would never have experienced had EA delivered a valuable product that was in line w the standards of the day.

Competition can be a fickle matter

I learned in the movie JOBS that Steve Jobs preached to be different and in effect "challenge yourself to be uniquely great".

Who was JOBS competitor when he dropped the iPod?

It was this attitude of pioneering greatness and having a steadfast desire to satisfy the consumer's social status cravings that propelled Apple to the pinnacle of businsss sucess - Most Valuable Company in the World!

Creating a valuable brand always begins with your willpower and vision: the onus is on EA Tiburon and nobody else.

How is it that the most popular sport in America is not the highest selling sports video game title in America?

Madden currently serves more as a fix for the addict than it does a box of chocolates for a lover.

Is it possible for Madden to produce a ★★★★★ product annualy? Based on their financial resources, human capital talent, exclusive license, and brand power: I believe it is complacent and unjust for them not to.

A company like Apple does not need exclusive rights: they are forever blazing a trail for followers.

Jobs made it not only his job but his passion to ensure that every consumer be the utmost proud of his product / their purchase - he wished to suffer them no remorse, no shame: but pure joy and satisfaction.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Rex's challenge aside, he has passion and I believe he genuinely does care about this product. However, one of the main differences between him and someone like Jobs (other than the obvious) is that Jobs had some of the smartest, most talented developers working for him. Tiburon does not... When I say developer, I mean the actual PROGRAMMER writing the code. That's where it all goes bad for these guys. Rex can have some of the best ideas in the world. Without the programmers to build it, no one will ever know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother3Wright
If you watch the video, listen to what HHG says before Rex issues the challenge. HHG askes "IF" the license was open, what you would say. He posed it as a hypothetical.
If, would of, could of, should of....thats beside the point. If the man would have answered in a professional manner without the theactrics then it would had been all good. But to put up a wrestling-style shoot promo...telling 2K to come at him is foolishness. How can they "come" at him when 2K can't make an NFL game? Once he started with the theactrics, the HYPOTHETICAL question was tossed aside.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »