Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Looks like no scoring summaries yet again. Ncaa has always had it. I want to know how many plays and yards it took to score.
They had this in Madden 2003 on the original Xbox (I still have this game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 13

I think the game looks pretty good personally.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #83
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

OVR: 0
I have read a lot about some gang tackling complaints and in this video I never really noticed any times where it caused problems. In the past the issue was that the player would get caught in tackle animation, the teammates would stand and watch and if the carrier escaped the first tackle he escaped everyone. Every time the players weren't involved in the tackle it seemed the carrier was going down for sure. Regarding this game as a whole, I think this is the first year that madden's 5 year game plan came to fruition. Since madden 12 they have made more significant upgrades than in the past and for the first time since EA's Gen 2 consoles (xbox, ps2) that the game has its feet underneath itself. While it isn't legacy issue free, they have changed around the game to fix them and few remain. It seems that the major issues that remain are WR/DB interactions, infinity engine (needs to continue to be updated to 100% RTP), AI, the old MOCAP animations (just need to be replaced), better commentary and more authenticity. As far as I'm concerned, the major issue list is about 100 feet shorter than it was 5 years ago and now madden can be potentially viewed as a solid and fundamental game for the first time since Madden 05. The game has light years to travel before ever rivaling the like of NBA 2k, FIFA, and NHL but now when you play the game it can be played without feeling shattered and fundementally flawed.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
It's Madden. I wasn't expecting a new engine, completely overhauled animations or totally different gameplay. It is what it is. That being said.... I LOVED what I saw. I loved the presentation, I loved the play calling analysis on screen, I loved the pre snap options, new cameras and improved animations. I'm in.
Its really too bad that EA has made our expectations of this game so low. Madden used to be the companies flagship title. It used to be the game other sports games aspired to. Now almost every other sports game is more advanced than madden in every way. As a person who has played this game since 1989, it is really frustrating and sad.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #85
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
I have read a lot about some gang tackling complaints and in this video I never really noticed any times where it caused problems. In the past the issue was that the player would get caught in tackle animation, the teammates would stand and watch and if the carrier escaped the first tackle he escaped everyone. Every time the players weren't involved in the tackle it seemed the carrier was going down for sure...
That's called a band-aid.

It is very difficult to tackle someone. Power backs like Lynch usually don't get tackled by one defender, especially a DB. Yet, in these vids, Lynch is tackled by one defender every time.

I get the impression that many gamers are only concerned with the results. As long as teams average a certain number of rushing & passing yards, cool. But some of us are concerned with how. The how is what makes football, Football.

IRL, Lynch on the edge, one-on-one with a CB typically means trouble for the defense. In Madden, no worries, especially with cone tackling.

Due to poor footwork and lacking engaged player animations, there's too much open space in Madden. They cover this up with band-aids too keep stats in check. Some folks are cool with it, some are not. The difference in perspective is why someone only concerned with the outcomes can call someone concerned with the unfolding, a complainer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Power backs like Lynch usually don't get tackled by one defender, especially a DB. Yet, in these vids, Lynch is tackled by one defender every time.
Exactly, and you don't see power backs getting blown up constantly, if ever, yet in Madden Lynch and others are seen getting blown up routinely. Stuff like that is one of the main reasons why people call the game arcade. And to that end, those people aren't wrong.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 3

First, I wanna say that I have little faith in any real change in Madden, but I do come and check on it to see if maybe, just MAYBE the run animations are better or something. And yea... Looks like I'll be getting the updated mod for madden 08 (PC) again.

Seriously, we need to stop giving EA our money. When the demo comes out, if there is one thing, anything that bothers you and has bothered you for multiple years, don't buy it lol!!!! And I'm laughing to keep from getting seriously livid. Enough is enough yall..
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #88
Banned

I have to say,I'm not blown away by the visuals so far. I know this is probably a early build of the game,at least I hope it is. I agree as well the animations still look robotic and still don't like fluid and and organic! But like I said the visuals don't look all that great! The camera angle they had in the game looked the same as the camera in Madden 25. This game has a lot to work on before it is released!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »