Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

This looks way better than I was expecting for a e3 build.
Usually the e3 build is pre alpha.
The graphics and new presentation look amazing, and I know most of the new animations haven't been added yet.

This looks buyable for me right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #42
Rookie

cman's Arena

OVR: 4
Visuals look great. It bugs me that they still put menus right over top though so you cant see anything on the field. Looks pretty but you cant see anything! Move menus to bottom and use top portion of screen to show players in between plays, something.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
This looks way better than I was expecting for a e3 build.
Usually the e3 build is pre alpha.
The graphics and new presentation look amazing, and I know most of the new animations haven't been added yet.

This looks buyable for me right now.
That alpha build stuff never means anything. Every year, the same game we play at E3, is the same game we get in August. This is what we're getting for better or worse.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #44
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

OVR: 0
looking at how great this game looks I can only imagine what NCAA 15 could've been
Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #45
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

That EA Guy that challenged 2k to buy the license. Does this mean the license is up for purchase for a competitor? Or is it locked up for good by EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #46
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Pretty horrifying how far back gang tackling has gone since the days of pro-tak. It seems as soon as one player engages in a tackle animation other defenders simply stand aside and wait for the tackle to either be completed or tackle after the runner breaks free. Essentially there appears to be no gang tackling, which is just unacceptable. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems pretty obvious in this video.

EDIT: This is a pic of what I mean. It is just terrible. The tackling animation engaged here is a long one in which the ballcarrier is struggling to break free, and three 49er defenders just stand by unwilling to help clean things up and maybe even rip the ball out. Totally passive defending.

I concur. I'm going to quote myself here (below) from the thread posted by Steve_OS. I hope Steve actually really brings up the gang tackling issue, or better yet, EA address this issue.

(A) This gang tackling or impact collision by multiple players is crucial to gameplay.
(B) Gang tackling is NOT simply for aesthetics.

For those wondering what the big deal with gang tackling is, or why it's being harped on. It's not simply about aesthetics. Consider a scenario at the goal line, first down marker, or any situation where that extra inch or yard counts.

Consider a goal line situation, or first down marker situation. If the initial defender engages the tackle but the ball carrier continues to struggle and motor his feet to try to get past the goal line or get past the first down marker, a 2nd/3rd defender in the vicinity needs to be able to throw a consecutive hit tackle to stop the ball carrier from picking up that extra inch, that extra yard. If it's late in the 4th quarter, and a defensive stoppage on 3rd or 4th down near the 1st down marker gives the losing team another opportunity to score, or a stoppage on 4th and goal situation to win the the game, gang tackling could be crucial and an absolute game changer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...questions.html

2. Collision impact physics. Three/four object (player) collisions. Will there be 3 or 4 player collisions, with each player's impact trajectory affecting the initial collision? (With 3 points of impact, there should be 3 different "cause and effect" trajectory outcome) Example. Can defensive player #1 "hold up" a powerback like Lynch, and defensive player #2 attempt to do a shoulder tackle and change the direction of the first tackle, and defensive player #3 come in at third angle, collide, and ultimately change the angular trajectory of the 1st and 2nd impact collision, resulting in a 3rd impact collision trajectile angle. Sort of like a ping pong ball effect.

================================================== ======
PART II - This actually falls under the "Collision Impact Physics" question.

2b. Collision impact physics. Three/four object (player) collisions. Why is collision impact physics (or consecutive hit tackles) not respected or represented in all the leaked Madden E3 2014 footage?

The more I watch this video, however, what really sticks out like a sore thumb is both the 2nd/3rd defender in the vicinity are simply watching the first defender complete the tackle. There is absolutely no motion from either the 2nd/3rd defender to assist with the tackle. They stand and observe rather than aggressively engage.

Sure there are instances where the 2nd defender may engage and finish off the tackle, but that usually comes at the expense of the 1st defender completely failing to tackle the ball carrier. As seen in the first sequence in the video--this looks great (1st defender misses, 2nd defender completes). But if the 1st defender completes the tackle animation, the 2nd/3rd defender will literally stand and observe (check the time marks below).

Consider a goal line situation, or first down marker situation. If the initial defender engages the tackle but the ball carrier continues to struggle and motor his feet to try to get past the goal line or get past the first down marker, a 2nd/3rd defender in the vicinity needs to be able to throw a consecutive hit tackle to stop the ball carrier (Collision Impact Physics with three or four players (objects))

I had my fingers crossed, praying, hoping that I would see a 2nd and 3rd defender engage in a 'gang tackle' of sort but it never ever came to fruition. Unfortunately disappointed.

The following time marks illustrate the reluctance for the 2nd/3rd defender to engage the ball carrier.
@1:50, @2:17, @2:58, @3:53, @5:03, @5:46, @7:23
================================================== ============
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-12-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #47
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Didn't see a single penalty called
Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #48
Rookie

is that defensive player cam optional or can you switch it back to regular?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »