Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2014, 12:05 AM   #41
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
i think we have a much better base to work with. i thought i read that the cone is off on all-pro on default but maybe thats all madden. because if that was the case we could tell they are definitely on pro. but either way they aren't on the highest.

but things we were trying to do with sliders last year are already happening in this video so for me im happy with that. i dont have to try to increase the pass rush anymore or make the QBs more inaccurate or try to make coverage perfect. Trying to make the CPU run defense exist. I think we are going to get a much more well rounded game than we got with M25 just from a couple of those stand points.

Yep I agree. I assume it's pro or lower. I also like a lot of other things but, the OP already mentioned those. It's nice to see these videos but, until we all get to play it for a few games it's hard to say. I feel good about this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 12:10 AM   #42
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
That's why I can see the new jumping the snap feature being a problem. If jumping the snap mean u automatically get to the QB we are going to see a lot of players running three lineman knowing that if they jump the snap right they will get to the QB even through double team pass blocking.

Wouldn't it be easy to hard count and draw them offsides? This was against the CPU on pro or rookie.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #43
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Liked a lot of what I saw.

The presentation is really nice. I'd like to hear some commentary but that can wait. Absolutely loved the kickoff sequence at the beginning of the game. Only thing I might change about that is leaving the on-field, mobile camera guy angles to primetime games and have more of the fixed stationary stadium cam shots for the day games. Not a big thing though. Only thing that I didn't like about the presentation was some of the replays. Like after the Gore catch for the 1st down, I don't need to see two extended replays of a 3 yard catch from two different angles. It just kind of ruins the flow of things and leads to button mashing. If it's a big play, I like to see it but if it's a one yard run or something, just get me back to the playcall screen and let things play out in the background.

The cameras looked good. I don't see myself ever using the defensive lock camera but I'm happy for those who wanted it. I believe I read they have a regular defensive cam that is just like the offensive cam but from behind the defense and I might try that out.

Still too early to take anything away from gameplay, for me at least. They were obviously playing on a low level and the guy playing kept dropping back way too far.

One thing I really didn't like was the jump snap mechanic. The main thing I didn't like was the fact that it started after the snap. It should be something that you almost have to guess to get that jump and the window after the snap should be extremely small because if you're jumping the snap after the snap has been made, you're not really getting much of a jump at all. IMO, it should be something where your goal is hitting it right before the snap or as the ball is snapped and if you miss you either jump offsides for a penalty or you jump off and have to wait for the player to line back up.

Didn't really like the play-calling screen. Prefer the horizontal menus to vertical but that's a little thing. Overall I really like what I see though. Definitely needs improvements but if the sliders work properly, I can see some absolutely ridiculous hours being put into this.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Since EA can make a presentation that's identical to a CBS broadcast minus the logo and music, I wish they'd just go all in and make one similar to a FOX & NBC broadcast, as well as include ESPN integration for MNF.

That would go such a long way in regards to immersion, variation, and it would keep things very fresh in franchise modes.
I concur! This would make games feel a lot different and the emotion of a sunday night game which are usually the big ones, feel epic!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #45
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Liked a lot of what I saw.

The presentation is really nice. I'd like to hear some commentary but that can wait. Absolutely loved the kickoff sequence at the beginning of the game. Only thing I might change about that is leaving the on-field, mobile camera guy angles to primetime games and have more of the fixed stationary stadium cam shots for the day games. Not a big thing though. Only thing that I didn't like about the presentation was some of the replays. Like after the Gore catch for the 1st down, I don't need to see two extended replays of a 3 yard catch from two different angles. It just kind of ruins the flow of things and leads to button mashing. If it's a big play, I like to see it but if it's a one yard run or something, just get me back to the playcall screen and let things play out in the background.

The cameras looked good. I don't see myself ever using the defensive lock camera but I'm happy for those who wanted it. I believe I read they have a regular defensive cam that is just like the offensive cam but from behind the defense and I might try that out.

Still too early to take anything away from gameplay, for me at least. They were obviously playing on a low level and the guy playing kept dropping back way too far.

One thing I really didn't like was the jump snap mechanic. The main thing I didn't like was the fact that it started after the snap. It should be something that you almost have to guess to get that jump and the window after the snap should be extremely small because if you're jumping the snap after the snap has been made, you're not really getting much of a jump at all. IMO, it should be something where your goal is hitting it right before the snap or as the ball is snapped and if you miss you either jump offsides for a penalty or you jump off and have to wait for the player to line back up.

Didn't really like the play-calling screen. Prefer the horizontal menus to vertical but that's a little thing. Overall I really like what I see though. Definitely needs improvements but if the sliders work properly, I can see some absolutely ridiculous hours being put into this.
Almost exactly how I felt, I could hear the commentary better in the original live stream archive link direct from ign.com. I also really liked the pregame and Larry Ridley sounds pretty enthusiastic yet genuine.

I heard from Sim that the halftime is like nba 2k but maybe even better because it describes exactly what happened and then shows the highlight. The example given was if Pittsburgh was up 3 at the time and scored the 3 pts off a fumble but couldn't get a TD, it would say the Steelers forced a fumble and were about to score a TD but the defense held them to 3, it would explain exactly that and will also say the exact number of yards a play was then show the plays mentioned. The main thing is that the halftime is dynamic and always based on the game being played on the field itself not just generic lines.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Not crazy about seeing Navorro Bowman on the kickoff team
Not sure why this is still an issue all these years with starters (esp. all pros) on special teams. Focus on special teams and include subs, aces, and back ups on these units. The 3 phases of football should be focused on, not just 2. I hope the kicking meter, wind and the field goal net weren't the only areas given attention. We shall see.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #47
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

OVR: 0

Overall the game looks really good, especially the presentation and graphics.

My Top 5 Issues That MUST be Addressed:

1. Tackling- If they can't get gang tackling in, then at least get two or three men tackling right. Two many times a defender makes a tackle right next to his teammate and they don't not even attempt to help on the tackle (see 06:40 & 09:35) they just come to a complete halt. This ties into my next point....

2. Animations- Animations need to be redone from the groud up especially Qb drop backs. With the better graphics bad animations are sticking out more than ever. In replays you can see the ball carriers go down slightly before they are actually touched by the defender. Momentum and angles need to be taken into account when it comes to tackling, if a ball carrier is running full speed in front of a defender, the defender should not be able to stop the ball carrier on a dime and drag them down by his back, also their needs to be more struggle animations between the tackler and ball carrier.

3. Offensive Line Blocking Still NOT Right- Offensive linemen give up on their blocks after they get beat (see 07:09 & 07:44.) Which is a big no no, in real life if a offensive linemen gets beat they attempt to block or push the defender in the side, back, or even tries to clip or hold them. Imagine the penalties that can come from that!

4. Foot-Planting- Still a lot of sliding and super cutting going on especially on route running. Weight and momentum needs to be taken into account when they are running/route running, not just cutting and juking.

5. Team celebrations- It just looks weird when two players right next to each other do separate individual celebrations (see 07:40). Takes the believably out the game because it like two players on the same team don't even notice each other.

Last edited by Mike Lowery; 06-12-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #48
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Almost exactly how I felt, I could hear the commentary better in the original live stream archive link direct from ign.com. I also really liked the pregame and Larry Ridley sounds pretty enthusiastic yet genuine.

I heard from Sim that the halftime is like nba 2k but maybe even better because it describes exactly what happened and then shows the highlight. The example given was if Pittsburgh was up 3 at the time and scored the 3 pts off a fumble but couldn't get a TD, it would say the Steelers forced a fumble and were about to score a TD but the defense held them to 3, it would explain exactly that and will also say the exact number of yards a play was then show the plays mentioned. The main thing is that the halftime is dynamic and always based on the game being played on the field itself not just generic lines.
Definitely be interested to see that. I'm not a huge halftime show guy at all but I'll still like to see what they have to offer. I did like the end of the quarter transition. It wasn't much but I don't think it ever should be. Still think they might have a little bit more in store presentation wise with CFM, but we shall see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »