Home

Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #89
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic
As many have said, the lighting and graphics look great; the animations, mediocre.

I hope the developers understand that in football --- where the game is by necessity played from a wide camera angle so the players are relatively small on screen --- realistic animations actually contribute much more to a sense of realism than realistic graphics do. The fine graphic detail looks great on replays (and screenshots), but as a player you spend 90% of your time in a wide view where you can't even see it. In actual gameplay view, the animations are way more important.
You are right but they have a zoomed in camera.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The graphics look good and I'm excited to see more. Skipped 25 so I will probably be picking this up.

Same. 1st time in 15 years I skipped a Madden. Haven't even played 25 so I'm pretty excited.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #91
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I dont knwo if its been talked about but after watching that video about mid way they showed the giants in zone coverage and my biggest issue with this is not the break of the DB but the depth of the LB's in coverage. why the MLB drops 10yards is beyond me. He shouldn't need to move more then 7 yards that will stop the easy across the middle throws that has plagued this game.

Maybe im wrong but that jsut doesn't make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #92
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I get the feeling they will never fix a lot of these legacy animations that just look horrible.

The day they do that, and actual footplanting, momentum, and all around better physics, is the day this game is worth buying again.

I just can't stand the way it moves.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #93
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic
As many have said, the lighting and graphics look great; the animations, mediocre.

I hope the developers understand that in football --- where the game is by necessity played from a wide camera angle so the players are relatively small on screen --- realistic animations actually contribute much more to a sense of realism than realistic graphics do. The fine graphic detail looks great on replays (and screenshots), but as a player you spend 90% of your time in a wide view where you can't even see it. In actual gameplay view, the animations are way more important.

You know what I hope though. I hope that Madden allows the user to control whether they want to retain the zoomed in or out-zoomed look during actual gameplay.

Instead of zooming out so much during a passing sequence, how about either programming the left/right trigger or shoulder button to either scan to the right or left side of the screen, in a sense mimicking the quarterback scanning the left or right side of the field instead of a vision cone of sort. Or double tapping both trigger/shoulder button to zoom out equally. Something along the lines of this. If part of gen 4 is about more intensive graphics, the default view should be a camera close to the field of action. But definitely not the Backbreaker view.

I want to remain immersed in the action on the field.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 0
I can live with the funny animations, gameplay and the bumbling pile-ups as long as the franchise mode has been tweaked and is immersive! Graphics look better but I dont really care.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #95
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I get the feeling they will never fix a lot of these legacy animations that just look horrible.

The day they do that, and actual footplanting, momentum, and all around better physics, is the day this game is worth buying again.

I just can't stand the way it moves.
That previous dev team is mainly the reason why the animations are so horrid.

I remember Ian Cummings making a thread asking if we'd prefer longer realistic animations or shorter choppy animations that gave better control, I can't remember what the majority went with, but it's obvious what they chose. We've been paying for it ever since.......

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
At around the :50 mark, there is a replay going on, but the playbooks are blocking about 90% of the screen. They have done this for years. I don't understand this design decision?? Can't they have the replay/animations in one part of the screen, and then the playbook in another part of the screen? So annoying.
I concur! They need to fix this before release! Like you said, why cant they have a split screen kind of thing where something like half the screen is playbook n half is replay or even better, have a piece off to the side of the playbook for stats????? Its nice to keep the game moving while having replay and stats showing nicely. You know this is where we are positive that madden will never be right because of the 100s of little things that are so easy to get right but they just dont see it????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »