Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #337
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpLVLv-ZWoQ

Here's an analysis I made based off the trailer in slow motion. I made this a thread but it was taken down... so I'll put it here.
Your analysis is thorough, features some very constructive criticism, and points out the positives in gameplay. I share the same views as you and I am optimistic about the game this year. However it seems we are in the minority.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #338
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Your analysis is thorough, features some very constructive criticism, and points out the positives in gameplay. I share the same views as you and I am optimistic about the game this year. However it seems we are in the minority.
Thanks mate! but yeah well have to wait and see more footage before making any conclusions
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #339
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
In all seriousness, those first two picks look the exact same to me. What differences do you see? Personally I think the first pic looks better than the second one.
I think the lighting is throwing people off.

I agree, I don't see a big difference either. The Kap pic is taken in a different time setting (4pm) than the Kuechly screens. 4pm lighting in Madden has a more dramatic effect on the scene, and imo over the past few years afternoon-evening lighting has outclassed all the other settings in Madden because of the dramatic lighting effects, however when you see most people playing Madden they're always playing on the 1pm setting. There is a chance that a lot of people aren't aware of the differences because they don't use the other settings much?

In short, I don't think any deception is going on with this one, not this time at least.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #340
Pro

OVR: 2

That double sack at the end looked phenomenal, the chiefs one. If they have gang tackles that organic, that is a big positive. It's year 3 of the infinity engine. So far the tackling looks good. Remember when we didn't even have gang tackles or double hit tackles.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #341
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

The ignite engine is capable of animating well. Look at game like fifa there is some really nice animation. Even madden have some nice animations. You can tell between the newer animation ala line play from last yea and the legacy animations like the back pedal which needs to be redone. The problem is EA needs to address those legacy animations and redo them all. They also need multiple animation for the same scenario. The game will also seem like there is more variety if there was multiple WR stance, multiple route running style, multiple running form, multiple RB stance, fifa jousting for WR/DB interaction. There should not be any excuse this generation with plenty of power and space for those animations. Sideline needs to be address also players need to look like there counter part on the field even if it's a little bit lower resolution like nba 2K

Last edited by drlw322; 06-08-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 01:46 AM   #342
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
The ignite engine is capable of animating well. Look at game like fifa there is some really nice animation. Even madden have some nice animations. You can tell between the newer animation ala line play from last yea and the legacy animations like the back pedal which needs to be redone. The problem is EA needs to address those legacy animations and redo them all. They also need multiple animation for the same scenario. The game will also seem like there is more variety if there was multiple WR stance, multiple route running style, multiple running form, multiple RB stance, fifa jousting for WR/DB interaction. There should not be any excuse this generation with plenty of power and space for those animations. Sideline needs to be address also players need to look like there counter part on the field even if it's a little bit lower resolution like nba 2K

Wow some of those animations are pretty cool. However, they need to redo a ton. The route running looks off. But there ate some pretty ones in there. Madden seems very herky, jerky and twitchy. Instead of smooth. The animations are weird like the WWE games. Really fast and unnatural.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:40 AM   #343
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

Quote:
I'm on board with you. Great break down of the video in pointing out some positive points. Let's hope some of these developments carry over into the longer gameplay videos were are sure to see next week.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #344
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
The top screen is what you're getting in August.

The second two are what EA wants you to think you're getting. The enhancements are night and day in my opinion.

The funny thing is the Kuechly screenshots are blended into the trailer and many won't even notice. It's pretty shady if you ask me.
I wish I could disagree with you, or even say the top shot is old gen (PS3 and XBOX 360) while the bottom 2 are Next Gen "in game" shots, but I'm not buying fools gold until I see unedited gameplay videos with graphics close to the bottom two pics!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »